Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone XS Max (soon!)
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGrandizer View Post
    I find this release a ho hum. Nothing about it grabs my attention. I do hate Apple and I think Android is okay. I still think Windows Mobile was the best. But that's my opinion. Quite frankly, I think the haters out there are forgetting that individuals are different. If they want an iPhone, sure why not. I'm not the one living or working with it.

If compared to the previous iPhones, yes, it is a worthy upgrade. But when compared to others, I find it's not offering anything new. But in the end, a person should get what's best for them. Be it an iOS, Android or Windows Phone.
    Well right there, you hate apple. For those that are happy with the brand, this is really great. It's a much better increase than the 4s. Hell, the processor, memory and screen size are going to be insane! But if I didn't have a 4 and had a 4s, I would likely wait until the second iteration of the 5. But as my 4 is just not cutting it anymore, I need to inject some jazz into my phone

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    If Adobe themselves can't muster the energy to put together a completely efficient mobile flash, I highly doubt any other solution will be worth anything.
    Adobe Flash on Android is kinda like using a kerosene lamp during a power outage. It stinks and it doesn't work well for its intended purpose, but it's better than being completely in the dark (staring at a "this website requires Flash" message). One thing it did do reasonably well was play videos, which iOS has a few "cloud browsing" apps for the same purpose.

And I see countless iPhones either naked or in thin, light protection cases all the time.
    I've had both a friend and a family member (both women, not sure what that says) who used their iPhone without a case. Both ended up with broken screens. I also have seen an iPhone take a lethal plunge while at Disney World. Sure, there's Applecare, but even a $12 Otterbox knockoff from eBay will save your phone from most drops not involving rollercoasters, water or dangerous animals.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I think a lot of people aren't feeling the wow factor immediately. I guess it feels like more of an incremental upgrade. I admit, I felt like that while following the liveblogs of the launch. But as I really looked at the upgrades, it really is probably the single biggest generational upgrade between models of the iPhone series.

People tended to see the iP3G as a big jump and the iP4 too. Yet, when you look at what those upgrades had, this one meets or beats the level of improvement. The 3G added 3G wireless, the 5 adds LTE. The 4 added retina display and a new processor generation and a completely new industrial design. The 5 has a longer screen, double the memory and a more significant CPU generational jump. I guess the 5 isn't a completely new design, and that may be part of the impression of it being a small upgrade, yet they really did change a lot even if from the front it appears very, very similar. So, emotionally, I think people take the aesthetics and aren't wowed as it doesn't seem all that different. Yet, when considering it intellectually, in every other way it is as big or bigger a leap forward than any other iPhone update.

Maybe another factor is that the competition is undeniably getting better and is also undeniably getting more similar to the iPhone in many ways. Both contribute to the 5 not seeming as unique as earlier models, both compared to preceding generations and the market at large. Maybe it doesn't appear to stand out as much as earlier models.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    I've had both a friend and a family member (both women, not sure what that says) who used their iPhone without a case. Both ended up with broken screens. I also have seen an iPhone take a lethal plunge while at Disney World. Sure, there's Applecare, but even a $12 Otterbox knockoff from eBay will save your phone from most drops not involving rollercoasters, water or dangerous animals.
    We could probably cut down on the number of people suffering from traumatic brain injury from otherwise trivial trips falls if we all wore helmets 24 hours a day, but that doesn't mean we should do that.

I'm kidding of course. I actually tend to keep mine in case most of the time for protection, though I do occasionally remove it for a couple weeks at a time. I prefer the feel and handling of it without a case, but my hands aren't generally sweaty to the point of making the glass slippery. But all it takes is a small accidental drop and that case is back on for months.

Phone
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    the BUILD quality of the iPhone, the unibody frame with precision everything IS a feat. I have yet to see a non Apple phone feel the way an iPhone does. I'm not talking about the break ability of the glass screens, when it comes right down to it, the aluminum unibody construction is fantastic.

I have yet to hold in my hands another android phone that feels as high a quality as the iPhone. That's not saying the screen on the phones isn't better, or that there aren't extra features on it, but they have to sacrifice something to do that. They're generally plastic, or lower quality non unibody metal frames.
    So i answered you regarding a phone being unibody and haveing aluminum not plastic yet you didn't even bother to reply, so i'll ask again have you ever held the HTC One S in your hand?
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    So i answered you regarding a phone being unibody and haveing aluminum not plastic yet you didn't even bother to reply, so i'll ask again have you ever held the HTC One S in your hand?
    I don't know. I haven't held the phone in my hand. Looking at pictures, I can tell you straight off which one is more streamlined, sleek and seamless. I'll admit the One S sure looks nice. Hell of a lot better than my touch pro or P4000, but I, as objectively as a person who likes apple products can be, like the design of the iPhone far better.

The funny thing is that size wise, it's almost the same as the iPhone 5.

But I can't speak for anything but pictures. I still like the Apple retina display over the amoled and others, the new iPhone screen seems to be a nice improvement as well.

Oh, lastly... Can I point out the irony that the phone you're asking me to compare the iPhone to has, based on my research, NO external memory slots? None.

Simply put, you don't like apple. I can see that clear as day from your painfully overlong signature with enough number combinations that it would make the dude from A Beautiful Mind cry that you will never see what we do with the iPhone.

The difference is that I can see the benefits to Android, I can see and appreciate why people pick Android over Apple. But, and I STILL can't say this enough, does it really belong in this thread? Seriously. Do we go and invade your threads? No one addresses that. Y'all just dance around it.

And do you really think I was trying to be "evasive" not answering your question? I said a lot, forgive me if I miss something, it's clear I'm not the only one doing so :P

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey, ceredon - I was trying to send you a pm, I had a few questions to ask, but your inbox is full. Any chance you can send me a message, maybe? Thanks

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I don't know. I haven't held the phone in my hand. Looking at pictures, I can tell you straight off which one is more streamlined, sleek and seamless. I'll admit the One S sure looks nice. Hell of a lot better than my touch pro or P4000, but I, as objectively as a person who likes apple products can be, like the design of the iPhone far better.

The funny thing is that size wise, it's almost the same as the iPhone 5.

But I can't speak for anything but pictures. I still like the Apple retina display over the amoled and others, the new iPhone screen seems to be a nice improvement as well.

Oh, lastly... Can I point out the irony that the phone you're asking me to compare the iPhone to has, based on my research, NO external memory slots? None.

Simply put, you don't like apple. I can see that clear as day from your painfully overlong signature with enough number combinations that it would make the dude from A Beautiful Mind cry that you will never see what we do with the iPhone.

The difference is that I can see the benefits to Android, I can see and appreciate why people pick Android over Apple. But, and I STILL can't say this enough, does it really belong in this thread? Seriously. Do we go and invade your threads? No one addresses that. Y'all just dance around it.

And do you really think I was trying to be "evasive" not answering your question? I said a lot, forgive me if I miss something, it's clear I'm not the only one doing so :P
    I am not questioning whether the iPhone or android is better nor did i try to say one is nicer looking then the other. You made a statement and i was trying to correct you in the fact that there are other handsets that are made well and gave you one example.
    BTW the HTC One S also has a non removable battery also.

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not questioning whether the iPhone or android is better nor did i try to say one is nicer looking then the other. You made a statement and i was trying to correct you in the fact that there are other handsets that are made well and gave you one example.
    BTW the HTC One S also has a non removable battery also.
    Problem is that I see the design quality of the iPhone STILL better than the other phones out there. No I haven't held the S, and I'm sure it's great. But I've held a lot, and none have that same class.

The iPhone is a rolex. That's how I see it.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Problem is that I see the design quality of the iPhone STILL better than the other phones out there. No I haven't held the S, and I'm sure it's great. But I've held a lot, and none have that same class.

The iPhone is a rolex. That's how I see it.
    Now can i call you an iSheep?

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah I knew you would FINALLY come back with a solid, serious statement.

It's at this point that you can take your stack of phones and shove them where the sun don't shine.

You take pride in your phones and you're a worldly person. I do and I'm a sheep. Typical.

Phone
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a One X and a GS3. While the One X is solid, there are just so many things that make it my secondary phone.

There is no denying HTC builds beautiful phones. Their software, however, is a different story.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Ah I knew you would FINALLY come back with a solid, serious statement.

It's at this point that you can take your stack of phones and shove them where the sun don't shine.

You take pride in your phones and you're a worldly person. I do and I'm a sheep. Typical.
    You want me to come back with a serious statement to an iPhone is like a Rolex?!

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    I have a One X and a GS3. While the One X is solid, there are just so many things that make it my secondary phone.

There is no denying HTC builds beautiful phones. Their software, however, is a different story.
    I would have agreed with you before sense 4 but now at least with the One S which by the way is smoother and faster then the One X i just can't agree.

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    You want me to come back with a serious statement to an iPhone is like a Rolex?!
    I would pick an iPhone over a Rolex. I believe the iPhone has a higher build standard than most phones. So why not a Rolex? I could go with a car analogy and call it the lambo of phones.

These phones are the high end. You've got phones like the iPhone, the high end lumia, the HTC one and they're built with beauty in mind. Then you've got the cheaper phones, the timex, the Casio... I don't get how anyone can look at the most recent batch of iPhones and not see the high end of their design. And if it's at the top of the pile, even if you don't believe it's "the best", I can't imagine you saying "meh, the iPhone is barely midway, it's a timex."

I believe in the quality, and to compare it to watches, I pick a Rolex. I suck at cars so I'd probably screw that up.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast