Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Phone
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    4.8" screen is better? If it's a tablet sure.
    Better front camera compared to ... unknown. How can that be highlighted?
    is it confirmed it's 1gb ram?
    smile shot isn't the same as face detection? It may not be I really don't care.

google maps better
    preloaded youtube app???? iOS doesn't have a preloaded youtube app?

Trashy by samsung but I guess they can't afford better research

Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckono View Post
    I have an S3 and a 4S. I just ordered the 5 today. In my opinion they both have their advantages, but android still lacks the overall feel of smoothness the iPhone has. I can't wait to see how the 44% boost in color saturation is going to look. You can't go wrong with either device.
    How will you use the new Nano sim in the S3? is there a new adapter for that yet?

Phone
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    4.8" screen is better? If it's a tablet sure.
    Better front camera compared to ... unknown. How can that be highlighted?
    is it confirmed it's 1gb ram?
    smile shot isn't the same as face detection? It may not be I really don't care.

google maps better
    preloaded youtube app???? iOS doesn't have a preloaded youtube app?

Trashy by samsung but I guess they can't afford better research
    Actually the GS3 is easy to hold and use with one hand and offers much more on screen real-estate.
    The front camera on both seem about the same to me.
    No, the new iPhone doesn't come with a pre-loaded Youtube App. Google owns YouTube. If you want the new YouTube app you need to download it from the App Store.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    Actually the GS3 is easy to hold and use with one hand and offers much more on screen real-estate.
    No, the new iPhone doesn't come with a pre-loaded Youtube App. Google owns YouTube. If you want the new YouTube app you need to download it from the App Store.
    How do you find actually using it with one hand? A tech support guy here has one and I just don't find it comfortable at all for one handed text entry or other manipulations I can do with just my thumb on the iPhone.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Phone
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    How do you find actually using it with one hand? A tech support guy here has one and I just don't find it comfortable at all for one handed text entry or other manipulations I can do with just my thumb on the iPhone.
    It's easy enough. Of course I have big hands and have gotten used to it. My thumb can easily reach all corners of the screen. It's all about the shape of the phone too. My HTC One X is a nightmare to use with one hand, yet it's smaller.

Feedback Score
    When I see "+TouchWiz" highlighted in Green, it became very apparent the iPhone 5 was far better in every respect.

Phone
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    So, youtube app is gone? Did not know that. Out of loop recently.
    And still, app on appstore isn't a big deal whatsoever. Samsung is grasping at straws, cherry picking and at times falsely assuming in their green fonts.

It's not just about grasping the phone. It's too big to carry in my pocket. Don't like those monster screens for carrying comfort.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    So, youtube app is gone? Did not know that. Out of loop recently.
    And still, app on appstore isn't a big deal whatsoever. Samsung is grasping at straws, cherry picking and at times falsely assuming in their green fonts.

It's not just about grasping the phone. It's too big to carry in my pocket. Don't like those monster screens for carrying comfort.
    Yep, the preloaded app is gone, but that may have indirectly helped. Google can now do the app it wants, while Apple doesn't have to feel like it's supporting a rival.

Same thing might happen with Google Maps: it may end up having all the features Google wants without disrupting Apple's own work.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
    Yep, the preloaded app is gone, but that may have indirectly helped. Google can now do the app it wants, while Apple doesn't have to feel like it's supporting a rival.

Same thing might happen with Google Maps: it may end up having all the features Google wants without disrupting Apple's own work.
    I'd read that the contract expired and simply wasn't renewed. Could have been Google wanting out or it could have been Apple. Maybe Google was pushing to place ads in the app, in order to actually monetize the usage. Since it's Apple's app, that could only happen with Apple's approval and execution. With it being a third party app, Google is free to ad bomb the whole app.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steph280 View Post
    I doubt you will see a lot of girls carrying a LV purse and use a non-iPhone.
    Funny how that is true! I wish the new iPhone would have been something more as well. The iPhone was so innovative and cool when it came out, and now it seems like they aren't willing to do something drastically different, since hoards of uninformed people will just choose to buy it based on the reputation or clout of the "iPhone", not that it may not be a great phone.

Phone
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have two lines. IPhone 5 will replace 4S and I'm gonna keep the s3 on its own line

Phone
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post

Yep, in my opinion the one in the app store is better than the pre loaded app anyway. So they did us a favor.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    I'd read that the contract expired and simply wasn't renewed. Could have been Google wanting out or it could have been Apple. Maybe Google was pushing to place ads in the app, in order to actually monetize the usage. Since it's Apple's app, that could only happen with Apple's approval and execution. With it being a third party app, Google is free to ad bomb the whole app.
    I never use the pre loaded YouTube app anyway. I use the mobile YouTube page, because it offers more. I just downloaded the YouTube app and so far it looks full of gimmickry.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    The main contention is ads. Apple develops both the YouTube and Maps apps with development kits supplied by Google. Apple forbade ads and device tracking data on the YouTube app, which Google desperately wants. Google will most definitely have a replacement for the map app in the App Store soon: over 88% of their mobile ad revenue is from iOS... Apple, with Siri, debranding of search in Mobile Safari, map data from M$ & TomTom, elimination of developer UUID usage is cutting off Google's customer data supply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2