Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I dunno, between the signal loss, rattle, screen flicker, and now this... I think Apple may have dropped the ball.... or was I expecting too much for a premium $650-$850 device that should have had these features over a year ago?

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon|AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mine is scratch free, and haven't talked to anyone else I know locally that had scratches or dings out of the box.

I had some screen flickering on mine Friday afternoon but haven't seen it since then.

Phone
    N/A
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersUser1 View Post
    Well last year apple tried to make changes at the Foxconn plant because there too many suicides and managers forcing kids to work 14 hour days under threats.

So I guess here is the new non-suicide industrial work-camp quality.
    Exactly. It's been touched, inside and out, by hundreds of people before it went into the box. Apple doesn't want to mention that but you should have some respect. Nothing you buy comes from some sterile, mystical place where everything is perfect regardless of how shiny the ads are.

Phone
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carrier
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had one tiny little scratch on the side. I wan't to do something about it, but I almost don't want to deal with the hassle. My phone will be in a case for the next year, and then I will get whatever is next. Plus I am likely to add a few more. I do hate those types of things and think that Apple should fix it. I am not down talking anybody who choses to get it fixed, but I personally don't care too much. If I am able to walk in to an Apple Store soon and get it replaced off the bat I will probably take care of it, but I don't see that happening soon. I suppose there is always an inherent risk getting the first production run of a new product.
    Rock, Chalk!

Phone
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=HF305;14930491]Exactly. It's been touched, inside and out, by hundreds of people before it went into the box. Apple doesn't want to mention that but you should have some respect. Nothing you buy comes from some sterile, mystical place where everything is perfect regardless of how shiny the ads are.[/QUOT
    Not even close to a good excuse. If this was an android handset their would be no excuse. I've never had a new phone come with dings and scratches, even the free ones. For a $500 product, it better be flawless. I've even bought used and had a perfect product. Maybe the revolutionary build process they brag about isn't what It's cracked up to be.

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess those "high-quality" camera's that take several pictures a second and instantly process to match those back glass covers to match the bezel is clearly not working at ALL.

I think this is the time we'll see sales drop after the first quarter for the following reasons:
    Users being frustrated to buy adapters or wait until new accessories are available; they'll wait
    (these are speaker docks, blood pressure equipment, audio recording/production equipment, etc).
    Quality control is really below Apple's reputation,
    Activation systems going haywire: is this an Apple issue or providers or BOTH!?? ENough is enough.
    availability - volume is still an issue with Apple's production outsourcing.

This is really tainting Apple along with endless court cases and even asking for $700 million more than the 2 billion granted. I'm an Apple user & fan: I have a PowerMac G5 (kept it when times where tough and had to sell my MBP's). However I don't like this I'm mightier than though image! I'll bank on the stock price, I'll upgrade to iPhone 5 IF my work allows for it ... but I'm waiting 2mths for all this junk to be sorted out.

I hate to say it but I'm seriously considering an Android device, yet again (5th time). Sony offers a nice sync for PIM and media (music video) for OSX Lion (I'll upgrade my PM by then). the ONLY thing that is holding me back:
    Applications - Audio production apps I use daily.
    html5 video support is getting much better thanks to Flash for mobile is pretty much dead now. Now more multiple apps to deal with formats; web-admins are using tools that serve up the correct container/codec for the device perusing their site.
    simplicity of use for something I'm already used to. I have to be careful of this as it occured with RIM's BB OS and I was a late switcher to iOS.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I agree with Prom1. No doubt JD Powers will be running surveys how dissatisfied Apple customers are with their product.

It will be very hard for Apple to differentiate a deliberate or accidental scratch on the part of the customer vs the manufacturing process. These are two frustrating issues to plague Apple customers (the other being Maps). It will be very interesting to see how Apple handles this. It may be just like another "dead-pixel" type rebuttal saying that these scratches et al in no way affect the function of the phone.

While many people will just "suck-it-up" and get a case to cover the damage up, for others, myself included I will be going to the Apple store getting it replaced. especially since for me, the iPhone 5 was a compromise between the Galaxy 3 and the iPhone 5. I expect the device to be as close to perfection, considering it is from Apple who prides themselves on standing-out in the crowd.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm starting to think this is just going to start becoming the norm with the Chinese workforce. When I bought a Nexus 7 tablet, my first one had blatant fingerprint marks all over the screen protector, plus a deep scratch in its bezel. The 2nd one also had fingerprints all over its screen protector, but at least was blemish free. Lots of other cases of other people receiving blemished Nexus 7's as well out of the box. Back then I actually thought this was something you would never see with an Apple product out of the box, but I guess not.

Phone
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It seems to me like a bad batch went through without any kind of quality control. I have watches that are anodized aluminum and after a few years they still look the same - no dents or scratches.

Well, hopefully it all gets sorted. Having so many returns/repairs is sure going to cost them a great deal.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    No doubt JD Powers will be running surveys how dissatisfied Apple customers are with their product.
    the result will be a foregone yawntastic conclusion - apple customers are not even slightly bothered by scratches, alpha quality maps, poor signal quality, and a horribly dated OS because apple are da best,ok!!??
    i think jd powers and apple are pretty much lovers considering that for the millionth year running apple have been shown to have the most satisfied customers, thr best OS, the highest intelligence, the largest appendage, and blah de blah de blah,

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyniKal.Mindset View Post
    yup, mine has 2 dings in the bezel area fresh out of the box...opened a case with apple, will be going to my carrier's store (where I picked it up) to discuss my options there and if that fails off to the apple store I go to get it hopefully swapped out for a new damage free one. My phone is a 64gb black model.
    Those pictures look a lot like the dings my 64 GB VZW iPad 3 had when it first came out of the box. Two dings along the top edge of the housing right along the glass, and a couple of spots where it looks like glue oozed up from the edge of the housing around the glass. I bought it back in May and it was so hard to find the thing in stock anywhere to begin with I just never bothered to pursue it.

Phone
    landline
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I called apple and got a case number for the issue and they wanted me to check with my carrier first for a full out replacement with a brand new unit. I went to my Rogers store and they have my info and when a new black 64GB comes in they are gonna call me to replace mine...after that if the issue persists I am to take to my local apple store and have it replaced there.

I hope the following batches are better than this batch as aside from the dent/nicks issue the phone is great.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. I would be VERY unhappy if any of my new phones came out of the box with dings or scratches. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    That's the beauty of Apple's customer service - simply take a timestamped picture when you're unboxing it and take it in for a replacement. Starting a case with reference number immediately also doesn't hurt.

The same thing happens every year with the first batch.
    Current arsenal: iPhone 5S 16GB / 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 8GB ram / iPad 2 WIFI 16GB / Apple TV 2 / Slingbox Solo / Acer Aspire Z5610 touchscreen all-in-one / Acer Aspire netbook

Fallen soldiers: iPhone 5 16GB / iPhone 4S 16GB / iPhone 4 16GB / iPhone 3G 8GB / BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / Motorola L6 SLVR / Nokia 5190, 3390, 8390, 3220 / Ericsson T18z / Mitsubishi G310 / Motorola C333 / Sony Ericsson T237

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast