Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sasktel LTE

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Got my LTE sim on Friday and it sure didn't like the custom rom I had on my phone. No way would it connect to Sasktel. Had to go back to a stock rom and away it went.

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuatony View Post
    Loving LTE, although I could see many people reaching the 10GB pretty easily now. Does anybody know if the reduced speed you get after reaching 10GB on LTE is the same as it was for 3G???
    Glad to hear you made the switch! The reduced speed is slightly better at 512kbps download.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know SaskTel is wanting to get access to the LTE spectrum of Rogers/Bell/Telus if they just sit on it and do nothing with it (something Rogers is guaranteed to do in SK), but does anyone know of any possible LTE expansion anytime soon?
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    I think Bell/Telus/Rogers can sit on the new spectrum for 10 years before needing to deploy some of it, and they also have a lot of old spectrum they have not deployed in Saskatchewan.

According to this article http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/02/18/th...al-powerhouse/ SaskTel plan to deploy there 700 Mhz spectrum by the end of the year. That should allow easier expansion compared to there currently deployed spectrum. Unfortunately the article doesn't say if it's an LTE expansion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3