Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score

The Telus LTE Speed test Hadukin show down

Quote Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
    OP6

Impressive. So that’s bands 2+7+7+4 with 4x2 Receive/Transmit, if I’m reading it correctly? Is the lack of 4x4 MIMO due to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X20 modem in the OnePlus 6, or the TELUS tower, or is it a SIM1/SIM2 issue?

I was looking at the OnePlus 6 to replace my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that got only two years of updates.
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Impressive. So that’s bands 2+7+7+4 with 4x2 Receive/Transmit, if I’m reading it correctly? Is the lack of 4x4 MIMO due to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X20 modem in the OnePlus 6, or the TELUS tower, or is it a SIM1/SIM2 issue?

I was looking at the OnePlus 6 to replace my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that got only two years of updates.
    The network is 4 transmit but the phone is only able to use 2 when in that configuration. Single bands can do 4x4 (on supported bands by both network and phone), as can combos like 7-7. However, for 3CA can only do 1 carrier as 4x4, and no 4x4 in 4CA configuration.

I believe phone is advertised as CAT16, but it's only reporting CAT15 to the network. Probably cannot be CAT18 like X20 supports as a result of dual sim configuration.

I was able to get about 411 with the Pixel 2 with 3CA (see a page back) after a few firmware updates. I suspect OP still has to tweak the modem configuration in order to squeeze out a bit more performance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    This has been my best on my Pixel 2 XL so far, at Kitchener City Hall, no 4x4 serving there though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What app are you guys using in the screenshots? Not the Speedtest the other. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Network Signal Guru.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, many of these speedtests are really impressive. Just curious to know if anyone has tried using a Verizon SIM in the Canadian variant of the S9s and if Service Mode worked?? As you know hidden menus are locked on the U.S. variant.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I was super stoked about using the last of my data for a record speed test. Unfortunately, the low traffic site I found ended up having B2 misconfigured as SISO
    Still a decent speed (mid-day at 3:45 PM), but would have broken my previous record if it was at least 2x2 MIMO.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Telus once again ranked Canada’s faster network...this time by Ookla. Rogers in last place among the big 3...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/01/t...edtest-report/

Feedback Score
    Funny how Fido is faster than Rogers. Makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    I noticed that as well. Really wierd.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    Funny how Fido is faster than Rogers. Makes no sense.
    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Since its crowdsourced, I can see why they would differ in crowdsourced measurements.

Fido users can do more speed tests, as Fido has unlimited hours/plans that make doing a large number of them feasible compared to on Rogers. Also, there would be other factors as perhaps Fido users are younger and would have newer phones that can support more advanced capabilities. I have older family members who were extremely upset when they were forced to give up their TDMA phones when that network was shut down, otherwise they would still be using that same phone. Even now they have older low end phones that are CAT4 at best.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
    Since its crowdsourced, I can see why they would differ in crowdsourced measurements.

Fido users can do more speed tests, as Fido has unlimited hours/plans that make doing a large number of them feasible compared to on Rogers. Also, there would be other factors as perhaps Fido users are younger and would have newer phones that can support more advanced capabilities. I have older family members who were extremely upset when they were forced to give up their TDMA phones when that network was shut down, otherwise they would still be using that same phone. Even now they have older low end phones that are CAT4 at best.
    Right, they have Data Bytes. I abused the heck outta that 25gb one time. Majority of that data is probably my data I speedtest on Fido so much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinRabey View Post
    Right, they have Data Bytes. I abused the heck outta that 25gb one time. Majority of that data is probably my data I speedtest on Fido so much.

As you can see....

Feedback Score
    Fair points zivan, but the results are not indicative of network performance.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast