Thread: Assistance Please With On Going VZW Phone/Service/suggestions

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Assistance Please With On Going VZW Phone/Service/suggestions

Hello all i am an avid vzw customer of 10 plus years, who is having major issues with a device. So i sent a letter to the VP of Northeast Region and Customer services. How likey am I to receive a response? Just curious. I am having issues with services in my home and about my travels. I am on my 3rd device in 30 days or so.....2 samsung nexus's and 1 droid razr maxx(defective out of box....I just dont know what to do any more. I used to get service with my previous device and my wifes phone.....im frusterated as can be... my apoliges if this is not the correct forum to be posting this in....good day all
    Currently Running BAMF Cubed on My Quietly Rooted Thunderbolt

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jared845 View Post
    Hello all i am an avid vzw customer of 10 plus years, who is having major issues with a device. So i sent a letter to the VP of Northeast Region and Customer services. How likey am I to receive a response? Just curious. I am having issues with services in my home and about my travels. I am on my 3rd device in 30 days or so.....2 samsung nexus's and 1 droid razr maxx(defective out of box....I just dont know what to do any more. I used to get service with my previous device and my wifes phone.....im frusterated as can be... my apoliges if this is not the correct forum to be posting this in....good day all
    It is possible for devices to get different reception. With that said you have gone through 3 devices in less than a month. It sounds as though you are in a difficult area to cover, an probably not 3 defective devices (although possible). Where do you live and what device did you have before?

Also calling 611 is typically the standard route in handling issues.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Most letters to a VP or the office of the president are handled through the normal customer service channels. Not enough information provided for anyone on this forum to predict what results you may get from your letters.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neovzwguy View Post
    It is possible for devices to get different reception. With that said you have gone through 3 devices in less than a month. It sounds as though you are in a difficult area to cover, an probably not 3 defective devices (although possible). Where do you live and what device did you have before?

Also calling 611 is typically the standard route in handling issues.
    I live in upstate ny....my thunderbolt didn't have this issue and my wife's phone doesn't have the issue either. ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Upstate New York is not very specific. There are many places that are coverage challenged in upstate New York.

Check your signal strength under "status" under settings. What is the dBm number? The larger the negative number, the worse your reception is.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I live in upstate ny....my thunderbolt didn't have this issue and my wife's phone doesn't have the issue either. ...

Where in Orange County? The strongest Verizon service is obviously in the "metro" areas of Newburgh and Middletown. I have no problem holding a 4G signal in either of those areas. In between those two spots in Montgomery, I get a good 4G signal outdoors, but as soon as I go indoors, it switches back and forth between 4G and 3G. The further west you go, the spottier the signal gets. If you're traveling on Route 84 over the hills towards Port Jervis, you will lose signal until you near Port Jervis and start picking up the roaming agreement Verizon has with the carrier in PA (I forget the name, US Cellular?).

FWIW, my wife's Razr Maxx loses 4G easier than my Rezound, or our old Thunderbolts.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ive noticed since LTE was turned on in May 2012 here that the outer LTE towers on the edge of our market sometimes act odd and signal sometimes goes up and down. As they continue to overlay the old 3G network this problem should go away, but they need to build some new tower locations to completely fix the issue. So if your on the edge of a LTE market these locations can act odd in my experience.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Where in Orange County? The strongest Verizon service is obviously in the "metro" areas of Newburgh and Middletown. I have no problem holding a 4G signal in either of those areas. In between those two spots in Montgomery, I get a good 4G signal outdoors, but as soon as I go indoors, it switches back and forth between 4G and 3G. The further west you go, the spottier the signal gets. If you're traveling on Route 84 over the hills towards Port Jervis, you will lose signal until you near Port Jervis and start picking up the roaming agreement Verizon has with the carrier in PA (I forget the name, US Cellular?).

FWIW, my wife's Razr Maxx loses 4G easier than my Rezound, or our old Thunderbolts.
    I'm in Washingtonville

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Washingtonville

Then you're between Goshen and Newburgh, so you should be in a pretty good signal area. Now I have heard some people say that the Nexus is pretty bad when it comes to signal, and from personal experience I know that the Razr Maxx is not as good as the HTC phones as well.

Is your problems only at home, or when you are out and about as well?

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Then you're between Goshen and Newburgh, so you should be in a pretty good signal area. Now I have heard some people say that the Nexus is pretty bad when it comes to signal, and from personal experience I know that the Razr Maxx is not as good as the HTC phones as well.

Is your problems only at home, or when you are out and about as well?
    Just mostly when I'm home but also when I'm out to....so I got a response to my letter I sent to the CEO of the northeast region executive offices on Friday ....there gonna call me Monday to discuss my options .....I'm Hoping they'll offer me an upgrade to a phone of my choice or something like that ....yea nexus sucks