Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought a Lumia 800...

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Just Bought a Lumia 800...

I've been browsing this site and it seems that there is a disdain for the Nokia product, which is something I honestly don't understand. I just bought the Lumia 800 off of Amazon and honestly I Love it. The design, the speed, and the overall aesthetic, great!!! Nokia and Microsoft do need to get the app thing together, but this has the potential to skyrocket way past Apple and other platforms, and Nokia has always had a history of excellent quality phones, and this one is no exception.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why not just hold off until the Lumia 820 comes out next month? You're complaint is that MS and Nokia "need to get the app thing together," and by going with a WP7 device, you effectively screwed yourself on that.

- VDubb

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Damn... next month?! Will it come in white?! Lol
    Sent from my Lumia 800 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    First they said they were set for a September release, then they went to this month, and now you're saying they're planning to release next month?... Sigh, I'm starting to think the "delays" are a part of a marketing tactic to up the hype for the 820.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 Pro 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Yep, you should've waited for the 820. The Lumia 800 even by WP standards ir headed to being obsolete.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's obsolete right now. WP8, and the lack of an upgrade path for any current WP7 device, has rendered them all dead-end tech. All the development will go for WP8, and those new apps will not be backward compatible.

Feedback Score
    That is a very nice phone by any standard.

Nerds here get pretty hung up on specs and apps but Windows Phone is an excellent choice as it is not dependent on either.

You can upgrade it to 7.8 and get most of the look and feel of WP8.

The 820 is also nice but depending on your needs, the 800 is quite sufficient.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do Window phones have audible app, I'd it did I would consider buying win phone.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
    That is a very nice phone by any standard.

Nerds here get pretty hung up on specs and apps but Windows Phone is an excellent choice as it is not dependent on either.

You can upgrade it to 7.8 and get most of the look and feel of WP8.

The 820 is also nice but depending on your needs, the 800 is quite sufficient.
    One of his complaints was the current lack of apps. It doesn't matter if 7.8 gives a "feel" of WP8, it still isn't WP8. He is pretty much at a dead end for developer support since WP8 apps aren't compatible with 7.x. Developers are most likely going to abandon support for 7.x since the user-base is small and focus all their efforts on WP8, especially with how easy it is to develop apps across all of the Windows platform.

- VDubb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    Do Window phones have audible app, I'd it did I would consider buying win phone.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 2 using Tapatalk 2
    According to Audible's site they do support WP 7.5: http://www.audible.com/wireless/wind..._rd_s=center-3

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    One of his complaints was the current lack of apps. It doesn't matter if 7.8 gives a "feel" of WP8, it still isn't WP8. He is pretty much at a dead end for developer support since WP8 apps aren't compatible with 7.x. Developers are most likely going to abandon support for 7.x since the user-base is small and focus all their efforts on WP8, especially with how easy it is to develop apps across all of the Windows platform.
    Not necessarily. WP8 phones can use WP7 apps. If a developer makes a WP7 app they can sell to existing WP7 users, future WP8 users, and future WP7 users (as Nokia will continue to sell WP7 phones to the emerging markets).

Unless a developer NEEDS to develop in WP8 because of WP8-only features, then the smart thing to do would be to develop a WP7 app in order to reach the largest possible market.

Device(s)
    Samsung A900 Flashed to Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Communications
    Feedback Score
    ^ there is this little thing called "in-app purchasing", that Wp7 doesn't support but a ton of developers depend on. So, no developers will not code for a dead OS with a minuscule user base that doesn't support features like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vogue Roms

EXT = Custom

Touch Pro Roms

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for agreeing with at least part of my point.

If a developer needs a feature of WP 8 to work (such as in-app purchasing), then of course they will code for WP 8.

If a developer DOESN'T require any of the additional features that WP 8 has, and coding in WP 7 offers the same experience (for example, if they do NOT require in-app purchases), then a developer with at least half a brain would code in WP 7 if they want to reach the largest possible audience - users of 7 AND 8.

As "dead" as WP 7 might be in N.America, Nokia will still be selling WP 7 phones all over the world for the next couple of years. Plus a lot of people using WP 7 phones might want to keep them for a while and see no need to upgrade to this current batch of WP 8 devices.

Feedback Score
    There is way more to WP than apps and WP8 apps are going to be hardware specific if any different at all.

Yes audible is there and many more...
    Sent from my SGH-i917R via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think I'm still going to buy a 820, or a 920 and keep this phone on deck, especially because the charging system looks incredible. I just don't understand Microsoft's reasoning for completely abandoning their WP7 platform? Did they not think it was effective or technologically useful? Did they not like the UI (Which by the way, I had a friend of mine who has never heard of it use, and he fell in love instantly, and he was an iPhone 5 user)? I just don't get it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast