Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sprint mvnos with byod or getting it. Listing:

Feedback Score

Sprint mvnos with byod or getting it. Listing:

As of now, at least 3 Sprint mvnos, one established and fairly well known (Kajeet) and two newbies (Prepayd Wireless and Ecomobile) have BYOSD , Sprint's new Bring Your Own Sprint device program. This program is coming to another major Sprint mvno Ting soon. The details are that Sprint devices that have clean esns and no longer on an active account can be used on the mvnos. Here is what works and doesn't:

Works: Sprint postpaid clean esn devices, 3G and wimax devices, Android, Windows mobile and Phone devices, feature phones. Other Sprint mvno handsets.

What doesn't : Sprint iphones, Blackberries, PTT and Palm/Web OS devices. Boost/Virgin mobile phones. Sprint LTE devices. Bad esn devices. Non Sprint related network devices (Verizon, Verizon mvno, regionals, etc).

Byod can take from 1 to 7 days depending on the mvno.

Ting is attempting to have a future automated version of byod.
    Though this is an exciting development for Sprint mvnos which previously had zero byod, it is still a long ways from what other cdma regionals and even Verizon mvnos offer and certainly pales to what Att, Tmobile and other gsm mvnos can get.

But as humble as it is , it is a definite step in the right direction.

I'm hoping the bigger, more established mvnos like Liberty, Platinum Tel, Mingo, STI, Total Call, Ready Mobile and others get it. Of that group, only Kajeet is in on it thus far. The newbies, I'm not so sure. Can anyone recall Zapp Unlimited and ACRS wireless?

But definitely a good thing. Hoping they increase the types of devices that will make it on that list...

Feedback Score

The List of Sprint BYOSD carriers.

Has BYOSD NOW:

1)Prepayd Wireless
    2)Kajeet
    3)Eco Mobile

In the process of getting BYOSD soon:

1)Ting by Tucows

No BYOSD:

1)Mingo
    2)STI
    3)Total Call
    4)Platinum Tel
    5)Liberty Wireless
    6)Many more minor Sprint mvnos...

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    PrepaYd Wireless reports they will process esns same day if sent by 5pm pst and that they check them every 60 minutes to run a batch. They reported Sprint hasn't made an API available to automated the BYOSD but will have an automated process by sometime in November.

Carrier(s)
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Platinumtel has byod.
    Go through acrs platinumtel.
    I did it with a Nexus S 4g

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    any idea why no webOS devices?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by booda3000 View Post
    Platinumtel has byod.
    Go through acrs platinumtel.
    I did it with a Nexus S 4g
    Acrs no longer offers byod on Ptel at this time.

Device(s)
    Motorola 376
    Carrier(s)
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    From what I have heard ACRS is no longer doing the byod for Ptel....

Carrier(s)
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Then I have a platinumtel nexus s for sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    any idea why no webOS devices?
    From what I understood from EcoMobile, who I was used my HTC EVO with, the reason why webOS devices dont work is because of the palm profile provisioning/activation. the phone just tries to continuously connect.

I was going to use an older winmo palm which will work for byod according to ecomobile for my kid to play games but i need to find the battery lol

all in all it was an easy process that took like 15 minutes to switch over

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitig View Post
    From what I understood from EcoMobile, who I was used my HTC EVO with, the reason why webOS devices dont work is because of the palm profile provisioning/activation. the phone just tries to continuously connect.

I was going to use an older winmo palm which will work for byod according to ecomobile for my kid to play games but i need to find the battery lol

all in all it was an easy process that took like 15 minutes to switch over
    when did ecomobile launch? I've never heard there name until they announced BYOSD.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theSUIT View Post
    When did ecomobile launch? I've never heard there name until they announced BYOSD.
    Good question, they have cheap paygo 5˘/minute and 2˘/text message.

http://www.ecomobile.com/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ecomobile looks interesting. Their Pay as you Go plan is the same price as PlatinumTel, but they have BOOSD. I may have to contact them to get more information.

Fort

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Ecomobile looks interesting. Their Pay as you Go plan is the same price as PlatinumTel, but they have BOOSD. I may have to contact them to get more information.

Fort
    Eco Mobile allows any device but the iphone and Blackberryand Web OS. Supposedly allows LTE devices but they haven't done it yet. Wimax is okay. I ran checks on three classic devices , the Samsung Instinct (original), The HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch Diamond and they are all allowed.

BYOSD also allows any eligible phone to be used on their paygo plans too. Their hours of operations is M-F 830-5pm PST . It takes about 20 minutes to activate. They are closed on Weekends.

Eco Mobile is about green (recycling) so it makes sense to have BYOSD. They have no phones listed on their site. I'm surprised they're not gsm considering their ecologically friendly theme though. Way more byod there. Not that Byosd is a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    Can someone please find out the paygo terms on Eco Mobile? I had no luck on the phone. Maybe they were closed; who knows. So, I emailed them instead. The email they replied with said to call them. Are the paygo terms a secret or something?

Feedback Score

Eco Mobile Paygo terms:

Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Can someone please find out the paygo terms on Eco Mobile? I had no luck on the phone. Maybe they were closed; who knows. So, I emailed them instead. The email they replied with said to call them. Are the paygo terms a secret or something?
    They are all essentially 30 day plans with rollover from the day it is renewed. They offer the same rate as Platinum Tel in denominations of $10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60. All have 30 day expirations. If you renew on the 30th day , unused portion will rollover . However , they do not allow "stacking" , ie. loading 3 $10 pins at once will still only get you 30 days if you do it on the same day. Same as the new Air Voice policy on their $10 plan .

Still, Sprint Byod and paygo are pretty good. Just be sure you want to put your Sprint phone on any mvno though. Once the esn is in there, you can't put it back on Sprint postpaid. You can flash to non Sprint networks like Page Plus, Cricket, etc but if it's connected to Sprint postpaid , NVM. No data on whether a Sprint postpaid device moved to mvno side can be used on another mvno within that system. A lot of questions out there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast