Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New plans for Internet On The Go

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone post download speeds for this service? Is it any better than Virgin Mobile's 300k speed? I'd be interested in this but if its the same speed as VM I'll probably pass.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    "As long as you are in a strong coverage area, average download speeds will range from 600-1400 Kbps, peaking at 3.1 Mbps and average upload speeds will range from 350-500 Kbps, peaking at 1.8 Mbps."

http://support.internet-go.com/Knowl...-upload-speeds

Feedback Score
    What is the price of the hotspot?

Feedback Score
    Just answered my own question. Found it on Walmart website for 79.88

Feedback Score
    I got one of those Mifi units laying around collecting dust from DataJack, another Sprint data MVNO. Can I reuse it with the new plans from Walmart to bring it back to life and save it from the electronic junk waste stream?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    It's a novatel mifi 2200 so it's EVDO RevA only, but on the plus side it allows tethering via USB
    So will any navatel mifi 2200 unit work, or do I have to buy the trueconnect one?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tello 1GB + 100m, unl txt
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can I put this on a phone? It would be perfect if I could!

Sprint is junk IMO tho. I can get 80kb/s if i'm lucky. Usually around 20kb/s to 100kb/s

The 4G LTE is fast, but not common. The WiMax is fast but the drain rate is also fast.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Subbing...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'll say it again for those who didn't read up:

ONLY the novatel mifi sold SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS SERVICE will work, and nothing else!
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    I'll say it again for those who didn't read up:

ONLY the novatel mifi sold SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS SERVICE will work, and nothing else!
    Just curious how you know this, ie how did you test this? I see in post #13 you tried registering an ESN, but what were the details of that device?

Forgive my naive hope, I'm coming from the GSM side, where unlocked devices allow frequent carrier & device hopping.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Traditional Sprint MVNO's are locked to only their devices. They submit to Sprint all the ESNs of devices they have in inventory for sale. Those are the only ESNs that Sprint will allow them to activate later after a customer buys one of the registered units.

If you have the device in hand you could try anyway though:
    https://selfcare.internet-go.com/register/signup/

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    These are the little hotspot devices (novatel mifi) that are sold at walmart, new options for 30 day data, and it's very cheap compared to virgin that also runs on the same network:Thank you for being a loyal Internet on the Go customer. We are pleased to announce that effective today, Internet on the Go will be improved with new plans and more megabytes. The current "no expiration" plan will continue to be offered as the "Go Big - Use Whenever" plan, but with more megabytes for each of the refill options. We are also introducing a completely new "Go Bigger - 30-Day" plan that gives you even more megabytes for use within a 30-day period.
    The next time you refill your account, you will be able to choose one of the following plans:
    • Go Big - Use Whenever plan
    o $10 / 500MB
    o $25 / 1.5GB
    o $45 / 4GB
    • Go Bigger - 30-Day plan
    o $10 / 1GB
    o $25 / 3GB
    o $45 / 8GB
    I just got an email from IOTG:
    Thank you for being a loyal Internet on the Go customer. On May 15th, Internet on the Go will be changing some of its plans. This price change will affect some but not all of our customers, in fact many will be unaffected by the change. We wanted to give you a heads up, so that you are aware of this upcoming change.

With increasing costs from our network providers, we need to adjust the number of megabytes offered in some plans and will discontinue one of our 30-day plans. As of May 15th, the plans will be:

“Use Whenever” Plans (megabytes never expire)
    $10 - 500MB
    $25 - 1.5GB
    $45 - 3GB
    30-Day Plans (megabytes expire after 30 days)
    $25 - 2GB
    $45 - 4GB
    Refills added to your account prior to May 15 will be honored at the previous prices, regardless of when the plan MB’s are used or the 30-day period expires.

We truly regret that we have to make these changes at this time and will continue to work hard to offer you the best plans in the marketplace. As we provide better pricing in the future, we will immediately make that available to you.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    IOTG started out good, but now with offerings like FreedomPop it's a complete turd. They ruined their product with that heavy throttling.

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    With this price increase they have lost me as a customer.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to keep in in perspective. It's the only "use whenever" plan I know of, and at the rate I use data it only costs me a few bucks a month. If they have to raise rates a bit to keep offering the service--I'd rather have that then not have such a deal available. There's no way I could justify one of the typical monthly plans when I don't use that much data.

Freedompop may be good for some people--IF they never travel outside the cities that happen to have coverage. According to Freedompop's map the nearest coverage to me here in Michigan is about 60 - 70 miles away in Grand Rapids--and from what I could see I think that's about all they have in Michigan.

Given there's only now about a 10% discount given for buying the 3 GB of whenever data over buying just 1.5 GB at a time, I'll probably buy in $25 dollar chunks instead of the $45 I used to spend at a time. Even that will last me quite a few months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast