Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Android of my dreams is here.....

Feedback Score

The Android of my dreams is here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYab...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iciz...e_gdata_player

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_j_butter...-news-4959.php

Name:  HTC-J-Butterfly.jpg
Views: 6462
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  HTC J.jpeg
Views: 1208
Size:  360.2 KBName:  3a617_HTC-J-Butterfly-The-Verge-002.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  101.7 KB

"HTC J Butterfly" (AKA HTC Incredible DLX Verizon, perhaps One X5 or Incredible X AT&T)

I said months ago that a 440ppi full HD 1920 x 1080p 5" Super-LCD-3 was coming and here is the first. If apple calls 326ppi a "retina" display, that would make 440ppi a Retinal Blood Vessel display?. I've already put a cancel on the Optimus G preorder and the OPPO 5 waiting list because they would be history once I get my hands on this anyway. This one is a Global Phone with CDMA and GSM although I have not found the confirmed frequencies yet. It is also LTE, waterproof and dust proof.

Perfect size, perfect screen, my wallet is ready and waiting....

EDIT: Spoke with a corporate rep at HTC and he said that there is such a phone in the pipeline for North America but "couldn't say more". He did say that he see's it wearing the "One" monicker and a micro SD slot.

Found what seems to be the Verizon variant: HTC Incredible DLX. This may in fact be an exclusive to Verizon, forcing me and others to source an 850/1900 3G version. Doable :-)
    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-dlx

Name:  htc-incredible-dlx.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  108.1 KB

Sent from my GT-N7000 using HowardForums
    Last edited by Guest 252; 10-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2012...erizon-dlx.htm with a 2,500 mAh Battery

http://www.frandroid.com/actualites-...haut-de-gamme/ This is a link to one of the french Android sites that I use. Feel free to not click it if you do not wish to see anything other than English. It explains that 1920 x 1080p will become standard for high end phones in 2013 with Samsung and LG already working on it.

I wonder when apple will claim to have a patent on 1920 x 1080p

or

I wonder when apple will catch up to the higher end phones with good screens.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Best if you wait for a gsm /north America version of this phone.

AU is a cdma carrier comparable to Sprint. Their phones support hspa/gsm frequencies for roaming only, and cannot be unlocked to be used on other networks. LTE frequencies used in Japan are also incompatible with usa LTE.

Sent from my ISW11F (yes an AU phone) using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    Best if you wait for a gsm /north America version of this phone.

AU is a cdma carrier comparable to Sprint. Their phones support hspa/gsm frequencies for roaming only, and cannot be unlocked to be used on other networks. LTE frequencies used in Japan are also incompatible with usa LTE.

Sent from my ISW11F (yes an AU phone) using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sure we will see an unlocked International version. I never buy a carrier branded phone. As I indicated above, I'm reading that the Japan version is a CDMA/GSM phone however I have only been able to reasonably confirm 850/1900 on GSM and EDGE, but seemingly 2100 on 3G which is useless in Canada.

All I need is unlocked-non branded-3G and I don't care where it comes from :-)

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever2009 View Post
    I'm sure we will see an unlocked International version. I never buy a carrier branded phone. As I indicated above, I'm reading that the Japan version is a CDMA/GSM phone however I have only been able to reasonably confirm 850/1900 on GSM and EDGE, but seemingly 2100 on 3G which is useless in Canada.
    I live in Japan and am using AU as my carrier. The J Butterfly will not be unlockable and not be usable with a carrier other than AU, because it's primarily a cdma2000 phone with gsm/3g roaming capabilities.

Unfortunately the global version probably won't be water resistant like the Japanese version.. Now If DoCoMo (3g carrier in Japan) comes out with a version, it'll surely be waterproof too and be unlockable. But still be full of bloatware...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    I live in Japan and am using AU as my carrier. The J Butterfly will not be unlockable and not be usable with a carrier other than AU, because it's primarily a cdma2000 phone with gsm/3g roaming capabilities.

Unfortunately the global version probably won't be water resistant like the Japanese version.. Now If DoCoMo (3g carrier in Japan) comes out with a version, it'll surely be waterproof too and be unlockable. But still be full of bloatware...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't worry lol, I'm very resourceful when it comes to getting what I want :-) and I don't go near water unless its in the shower or a Naya bottle.

Device(s)
    HTC One 64 GB Developers Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo Unlimited 4G: $24/mo
    Feedback Score
    The J has quad-band GSM with tri-band HSPA+ (HTC confirmed UMTS bands: 850, 1900, 2100 with Engadget) so it will work on both ATT & T-Mo if unlocked!

What i want to know is if anyone has been able to successfully unlock this unit from AU or HTC? Has HTC even provided this in their database yet for unlocking codes?

HTC Amaze<--HTC Sensation [Z710a]<--Nokia N900<--HTC Raphael<--HTC Hermes<--Moto MPx<--Moto Razr<--Moto i95<--Samsung Uproar<--Sprint TouchPoint 120<--Samsung SCH-2000<--Nokia 638 [Cellular One]

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apparently some Japanese guy was able to flash the Taiwan firmware onto the AU J butterfly and come out with an unlocked GSM phone. Stops it being able to be used on AU obviously, but its an option

Device(s)
    HTC One 64 GB Developers Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo Unlimited 4G: $24/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    Apparently some Japanese guy was able to flash the Taiwan firmware onto the AU J butterfly and come out with an unlocked GSM phone. Stops it being able to be used on AU obviously, but its an option
    yes but i heard that then breaks the bluetooth functionality

do u have it? how much is it there w/o contract?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So HTC is going to start including microSD support in the One series? Finally, some intelligence!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWolf747 View Post
    So HTC is going to start including microSD support in the One series? Finally, some intelligence!
    Unfortunately, no. While the HTC Butterfly J does indeed have an external memory slot, its US equivalent (HTC Droid DNA) does not, nor does the upcoming HTC One.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Japan-only, probably. The HTC J (predecessor to the J Butterfly), which was a customized version of the HTC One S, also had a removable battery and MicroSD card slot, as well as waterproof-ness (although it had not been certified by the Japanese govt, so it wasn't advertised as being waterproof).

I'm hoping HTC will make a waterproof version (with or without removable battery/SD slot, I don't really care) for the Japanese market

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    Unfortunately, no. While the HTC Butterfly J does indeed have an external memory slot, its US equivalent (HTC Droid DNA) does not, nor does the upcoming HTC One.
    Wow. That's dumb. Looks like no HTC for me again this year.

Thank you.

Carrier(s)
    telkomsel
    Feedback Score
    great phone from HTC

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast