Thread: What kind of phone can i use on pc mobility network?

Feedback Score

What kind of phone can i use on pc mobility network?

I'd prefer g4. Need it for emergency phone calls and internet as there is only satelite internet in my area. only bell and telus activated phones are supposed to work here and phone has to be g3. i assume g4 would work. yale bc.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any handset that takes a standard mini-SIM card and which works on the HSPA networks operated by Bell, Telus, Rogers, Fido or AT&T will work. Most such phones will be locked, though it has been reported that Bell phones work on PC Mobility without unlocking.

If you don't want to buy one of PC Mobility's own phones, the best course of action is to buy just the SIM card, activate it with no phone (they'll do this if you ask the right person nicely), and then take it when phone shopping. That way, you can test the handset before purchasing it.

It might also help to read the PC Mobility FAQ: http://www.pctelecom.ca/LCLOnline/pcTelecom_faqs.jsp

Feedback Score
    Successfully used a pc mobile sim card on a locked iphone4 (locked into bell). Had to cut the sim to size, but that's only because they ran out of the right size at my Loblaws. The phone was a hand me down, and it was cheaper to get a new sim card than to pay for unlocking an iphone4.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12345emily View Post
    Successfully used a pc mobile sim card on a locked iphone4 (locked into bell). Had to cut the sim to size, but that's only because they ran out of the right size at my Loblaws. The phone was a hand me down, and it was cheaper to get a new sim card than to pay for unlocking an iphone4.
    They ran out... so, you mean that PC Mobile normally offers microSIM cards now? I was not aware. They only mention selling SIM cards separately once, in the FAQ, and it doesn't say what kinds are offered. Their "See if my phone is compatible" page does not work.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score

Re: What kind of phone can i use on pc mobility network?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    They ran out... so, you mean that PC Mobile normally offers microSIM cards now? I was not aware. They only mention selling SIM cards separately once, in the FAQ, and it doesn't say what kinds are offered. Their "See if my phone is compatible" page does not work.
    I phoned PCM this week to ask and they said they do not support micro SIM devices, translation, they don't offer a micro I presume. I went to Crystal Mall and a store punched it out for me for $5, which also left the rest of the card intact to use as an adapter for other devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    I phoned PCM this week to ask and they said they do not support micro SIM devices, translation, they don't offer a micro I presume. I went to Crystal Mall and a store punched it out for me for $5, which also left the rest of the card intact to use as an adapter for other devices.
    Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.