Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Update

Not exactly the newest information but I thought I would post some links about the JB update for the SIII. Looks like mid to late November for the update. Of course if you are willing to root and flash there are many good JB ROMs out there already.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/16/sa...-the-holidays/

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/04/ro...r-galaxy-note/

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/23/te...late-december/

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Been on Jellybean 4.12 roms for awhile now. Like the debloated versions of these custom roms compared to the factory roms...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroc View Post
    Been on Jellybean 4.12 roms for awhile now. Like the debloated versions of these custom roms compared to the factory roms...
    Ya customs ROM's are the way to go. I have been using Cyanogenmod on all my devices for years. Looks like they will be getting 4.2 in the next few days which will be really nice. For many people though rooting and flashing custom ROM's is to much work plus it voids your warranty which many people do not want to do as well. It would be nice if Samsung picked up the pace updating phones but they are terribly slow. When buying a Samsung device you have to know that it is going to be a while before they update it officially.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I hear you on the updates, seems like some carriers are able to push them out much sooner than others. The SIII's are a great phone and even better with a custom rom on them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If the carriers would stop putting so much emphasis on thier customer overlays (which is really the only thing holding back software updates), the updates would come out so much smoother. With the exception of self-serve apps, most of my carrier-based options never get touched.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's why I like the custom roms. Gets rid of all the bloatware crap the carries put on there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Im sure JB will be great, but my Samsung galaxy note is still a great phone regardless of the OS.

Will it be better with JB? Perhaps but since i have yet to use JB i don’t know.

For gods sake stop belly aching. My 6 year olds don’t whine as bad as you all are, and for the record its NOT Samsung delaying the roll put of JB, its thwe phone carriers who are taking their time to brand the software and install the bloatware they think we will use. (fb, twitter etc.)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not really sure what you are so mad about there.... But yes the carriers do slow down the process no doubt about it. That being said it is not like Samsung has been very quick to push the updates to carriers in the forst place. Look at other manufacturers say HTC and Asus they are very good at pushing updates to devices in a rather timely fashion. This is manly due to Samsung's TouchWiz overlay which takes a while to update once a new version of Android is out. I started this post so that people who were waiting for the update to come out would have a better idea as to when it would be available to them. Let's try and keep it focused on that. If you want to start another post more focused on carrier bloatware that is fine though.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No kidding, not sure where the last paragraph of post 7 came from. Guess we aren't supposed to mention custom roms or something. Anyway speaking of whiney....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update should start rolling out for SGS III stock ROM owners December 3rd.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/27/sa...-december-3rd/