Thread: Free Samsung Offer

Device(s)
    R520m unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Free Samsung Offer

So, with the 2 day promotion going they the Samsungs for free with new activation. I'm out of contract and since I have the 5.99 t-zones I've been avoiding upgrading. I currently have the TM506 and sometimes (very rarely) tether. I'm getting the upsell page when I do but have been getting around that.

I'm thinking it's time to get the smartphone I've been lusting after. I'm gong to have to call retentions to get the free Samsung, but my question is: What data plan should I try to get them to offer me.? Do you think they give me the $20 5gb plan *and* a phone? I have never called retentions before. Do you have to convince them to give you a deal?

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you have been with t-mo for a long time. I see no reason why they would not give you that. If you dont get it from the first one you call then try again. When I call retentions I let them know I would not be satisfied with their service if certain things are not included. In my case, a new phone and my plan staying the same which includes the Preferred Android Web for $20. They gave that to me when I got my first smartphone 2 years ago. I went from a Nokia to the Vibrant. I just got a pretty good deal on the Galaxy S3 BEFORE this latest sale. I bought it a week too early. But I only payed $179 which is pretty good.

Device(s)
    R520m unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called retentions and am getting two S3 phones for free (after rebate), $10 per month credit and $30 unlimited data on both lines with unlimited talk and text. My bill will increase $50 per month, and I'll be giving up the 5.99 tzones. I'm kinda bummed about the tzones, but I feel that keeping that has been holding me back from getting a more modern device and that it's time to move on.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryG View Post
    I called retentions and am getting two S3 phones for free (after rebate), $10 per month credit and $30 unlimited data on both lines with unlimited talk and text. My bill will increase $50 per month, and I'll be giving up the 5.99 tzones. I'm kinda bummed about the tzones, but I feel that keeping that has been holding me back from getting a more modern device and that it's time to move on.
    Why not wait and see if the nexus 4 will hold with tzones? Or the lumia 810 will most likely work, I don't think any windows phones have been blocked yet.

If you are going to dump the tzones, you should have them add the $20 android via retentions.

Still the unlimited data on tzones is alot to get rid of. I have $5 preferred, but it is capped at 5gb. Nice to have unlimited data in case the cable goes out.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called retentions and am getting two S3 phones for free (after rebate)
    Keep a sharp eye on the rebate process. TMO has a tendency to offer phones free after rebates... then inform you a few weeks later that the rebates are not valid with whatever plan or services you switched to.
    Joplin T-Mobile

Feedback Score

Re: Free Samsung Offer

Good job

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Switched to Value unlimited family plan + one free add-a-line until 2014 (500 minutes) and got the Note II ($99 after MIR + $20/month EIP + tax). Overall I pay less than ($80 unlimited family talk/text + $20 unlimited data plan + $10 2GB data plan for my wife) what I'm currently paying ($60 old family plan + $10 unlimited tax + $10 add-a-line + 2x $20 data plans). I am probably going to switch to the 1000 minutes/unlimited text plan ($60) after the rebate comes through. Overall I will save $30/month comparing to my old plan and that's enough to pay for unlocked/unbranded phones such as the Nexus phones.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Monthly

Quote Originally Posted by bachviet View Post
    Switched to Value unlimited family plan + one free add-a-line until 2014 (500 minutes) and got the Note II ($99 after MIR + $20/month EIP + tax). Overall I pay less than ($80 unlimited family talk/text + $20 unlimited data plan + $10 2GB data plan for my wife) what I'm currently paying ($60 old family plan + $10 unlimited tax + $10 add-a-line + 2x $20 data plans). I am probably going to switch to the 1000 minutes/unlimited text plan ($60) after the rebate comes through. Overall I will save $30/month comparing to my old plan and that's enough to pay for unlocked/unbranded phones such as the Nexus phones.
    That seems high. My bill is. 101 for 5 lines, 1 an unlimited VoIP, 4 lines with 5gb data, unlimted text, unlimited calling via my faves and google voice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DuggaD View Post
    That seems high. My bill is. 101 for 5 lines, 1 an unlimited VoIP, 4 lines with 5gb data, unlimted text, unlimited calling via my faves and google voice.
    5 lines for 101.. that's cheap how is that possible? If you don't mind breaking down your plan. I'm currently paying 140 after tax and corp discount for 4 lines, with myfaves, 700min, unilmited text, 1 tzones, 2 with 5gb prefer android web.

Feedback Score
    I'll be giving up the 5.99 tzones. I'm kinda bummed about the tzones, but I feel that keeping that has been holding me back from getting a more modern device and that it's time to move on.
    I have a G'nex and this phone is nothing short of spectacular. It's a fine device and still does 99% of what the Nexus 4/S3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by DuggaD View Post
    Why not wait and see if the nexus 4 will hold with tzones?

If you are going to dump the tzones, you should have them add the $20 android via retentions.

Still the unlimited data on tzones is alot to get rid of. I have $5 preferred, but it is capped at 5gb. Nice to have unlimited data in case the cable goes out.
    N4 has been confirmed to work on t-zones. Not sure if it'll get blocked sometimes down the road by tmo on t-zones. Unlike the Nexus One and Nexus 4, the Galaxy nexus was never sold by t-mobile.

BTW, you can always go back to t-zones if you've ever had it on your account. You just have to tell them the specific date you had that feature added (2003?).

Specific date would be helpful because they can always say "I dont ever see you having this t-zones feature on your account."

Then you say "Well look on November 23 of 2003. It was added by t-mo rep Samantha" and BOOM! You have t-zones right back on!
    -----------------------------------------------
    My 920SH is amazing!
    My 920SH can get you hot and bothered!

Currently using SH-06a! (WHITE)
    Will post Pictures soon!