Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New $69.95 unlimited talk/text/mms/5gb plan goes live

Feedback Score

New $69.95 unlimited talk/text/mms/5gb plan goes live

Finally officially available online at Page Plus. The 69 lives. Just in time to quash Verizon Prepaid's $80 utnt/2Gb upgrade. lol 5Gb and it's all 3G evdo but hey, it's on the Verizon network.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

New $69.95 unlimited talk/text/mms/5gb plan goes live

That's not too bad a deal probably the best I've seen for a Verizon mvno.

Carrier(s)
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    tooo bad tmo beats ppc with their $30 plan and 4g phones
    good bye ppc and your obsolete overpriced service and phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pltctytc View Post
    Obsolete phones yes but if T-Mo had anywhere near the 3G/4G coverage as Verizon their plan wouldn't be $30. I live in a major metropolitan area where T-Mo just refarmed their network and I'm still in EDGE country as far as the eye can see.

Once PPC can support LTE devices they will be a much bigger force to be reckoned with.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pltctytc View Post
    Do you have good T-Mo coverage in your home area and everywhere that you travel? Do you need only 100 voice minutes? If yes, then you're right, T-Mo is the way to go for you!

Feedback Score
    who cares about voice minutes when you have Vonage Mobile? Free VoIP. 5GB is a lot of voice traffic....

PPlus phones aren't smartphones. So it's a shell game, conning suckers who don't know what's going on. "Oh, we don't know about that, you have to use our phones to get our support."

As for coverage, the coverage you have to look at is t-mo paygo vs. VZW paygo--not "Verizon coverage", which doesn't mean anything unless and until you specify "prepaid or postpaid?"

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    who cares about voice minutes when you have Vonage Mobile? Free VoIP. 5GB is a lot of voice traffic....

PPlus phones aren't smartphones. So it's a shell game, conning suckers who don't know what's going on. "Oh, we don't know about that, you have to use our phones to get our support."

As for coverage, the coverage you have to look at is t-mo paygo vs. VZW paygo--not "Verizon coverage", which doesn't mean anything unless and until you specify "prepaid or postpaid?"
    Correct. There is a LOT of difference between T-Mo coverage and PPC/Vzw Prepaid coverage. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I like to use my phone wherever I traverse. So that leaves out TM too many places around here. Where I used to abide TM was great. But as with Real Estate it's location, location, location. Or coverage, coverage, coverage.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post

This isn't a T-Mobile vs PPC thread but I'll bite.

Good luck with VOIP apps if you need to save a couple of dollars, it's just not worth it to some of us.

I'd choose T-Mobiles 70.00 a month plan over the Page Plus plan in an instant. Well, if T-Mobile had a half the network Verizon does.

Feedback Score
    I use both T-Mobile Prepaid (StraightTalk BYOD SIM) and Page Plus. I used to use the $30 month T-Mobile prepaid plan with GrooveIP, but VoIP over HSPA+ was still pretty bad. I decided to pay the extra $15 for truly unlimited cellular minutes. And I keep a Page Plus pay-per-minute phone in the car to fill in the coverage gap holes.

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: New $69.95 unlimited talk/text/mms/5gb plan goes live

Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    I keep a Page Plus pay-per-minute phone in the car to fill in the coverage gap holes.

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?
    That cake is stale and doesn't taste good, I tried it.

When my phone rings it's often a potential customer so it's a money making call. No way can I use T-Mobile for that reason.

5GB of data with unlimited TNT on Verizon's network is having "my" cake and eating it too.

It is though, all what works for you.

Sent from my DROID X2

Feedback Score
    Billm261 , Do you mean that you don't use Google Voice ? , your customer calls and you can pick it up on whatever cell phone you've got coverage, / landline / voip adapter/ softphone / country / submarine / aircraft carrier / space station / you're in ?

2- 5 GB monthly data sounds for your droid X2 sounds like a post paid , contract, monthly plan, and this is a prepaid thread .. verizon postpaid coverage is different than verizon prepaid, roaming rates in some important interstates around the country

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    Billm261 , Do you mean that you don't use Google Voice ? , your customer calls and you can pick it up on whatever cell phone you've got coverage, / landline / voip adapter/ softphone / country / submarine / aircraft carrier / space station / you're in ?

2- 5 GB monthly data sounds for your droid X2 sounds like a post paid , contract, monthly plan, and this is a prepaid thread .. verizon postpaid coverage is different than verizon prepaid, roaming rates in some important interstates around the country
    It's PP which I am tempted to change to the 5GB data plan. I don't watch movies or video at all on my phone.
    It's mostly streaming music, podcasts, news channels, navigation etc. I might tether on rare occasions.
    Overnight it seems as if 2GB is cutting it awfully close. 15.00 for 3 additional GB is a deal.

Google Voice is great (I have 3 GV lines) but at the end of the day it has to be able to ring to something that works. Unfortunately for me, that's not T-Mobile.

Sent from my DROID X2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    A lot of people don't want to have to carry two phones with them, so they choose PPC over T-Mo. But if the T-Mo coverage and network quality is good enough for you, or if you don't mind carrying two phones, then T-Mo might be just the right provider for you.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Rather than new plans with more data that forces the user to take unlimited minutes they don't need, pageplus needs to stop ignoring users who need data but fewer minutes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Mobile data is good. Life is too short to seek wifi just to check email.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast