Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Latest PRL for Sprint Phones / Fix constant roaming problem Ver: 52896

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score

Latest PRL for Sprint Phones / Fix constant roaming problem Ver: 52896

I got tired of the Roaming indicator with the latest PRL so I decided to do something about it and share it with the community.

This is a modded PRL to work with Sprint phones. If you do an OTA update for sprint phone the phone will say it's roaming when it's really not. This PRL fixes the problem.

THIS IS FOR SPRINT PHONES ONLY!

I will update the PRL file when there is a new PRL. If there a new PRL and I haven't got around to it please make a request.

Current Version: 52896

Tested and working Phones:
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Optimus S

If this doesn't work for you please post!

WARNING!: YOU ARE USING THIS PRL AT YOUR SOLE OWN RISK. IF I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE AND YOU GET CHARGED FOR ROAMING WHEN IT SAYS IT ISN'T OR THIS BRICKS YOUR PHONE I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE

Thank you tomz17 - http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...dicator-FIX%29

I am unable to edit posts after a period of time so please checks for new threads. I have contacted the mods about this but they haven't' responded to me.

Feedback Score

Re: Latest PRL for Sprint Phones / Fix constant roaming problem Ver: 52896

PRL working great, Sprint Galaxy Nexus in Salt Lake City, UT, many thanks.

Feedback Score
    Would this work for Virgin Mobile Phones? My phone is constantly showing up as roaming...

Feedback Score
    I just put a Sprint GS2 on PP and have had the sprint hacked VZ 00002 prl on it which is still working fine. Would I see any benefit with this prl or should I leave good enough alone.

Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would update the PRL. If you don't you can loose service or have poor signal.

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    On Android devices if you want to change the carrier text from Sprint to Page Plus move this eri.xml file to your /data folder and reboot. That's all you need to do.

If you do a Android phone reset you will loose this mod and will need to re-apply it.

You have to be root for this modification to work tho.

Again, Please read my disclaimer in the OP.
    Last edited by pclover; 12-09-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    On Android devices if you want to change the carrier text from Sprint to Page Plus move this eri.xml file to your /data folder.

You have to be root for this modification to work tho.

Again, Please read my disclaimer in the OP.
    Could you be a little more specific or is that simple. When I use root explorer and navigate to /data I dont see any other xml files. Do I just drop it there or?

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmk76 View Post
    Could you be a little more specific or is that simple. When I use root explorer and navigate to /data I dont see any other xml files. Do I just drop it there or?
    It really is that simple. Just drop the file into your /data folder and reboot. Just don't move the entire zip file to your /data you need to move the XML file to it.

Feedback Score
    Okay, so is this the problem I am having with my Galaxy S3? It says roaming and WILL NOT let me make calls or send texts, but it has been flashed (professionally) to Page Plus. Will this correct this problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyfankathy View Post
    Okay, so is this the problem I am having with my Galaxy S3? It says roaming and WILL NOT let me make calls or send texts, but it has been flashed (professionally) to Page Plus. Will this correct this problem?
    for S3 i have two s3 on pageplus without any roaming goto

menu/settings/more settings/roaming/

first option roaming netork = automatic

second option roaming settings = check mark on voice and data uncheck international

third option roaming guard = uncheck everything

as long as you have the correct SID flashed then you will not see any roaming icon and you will able to make calls without any notification

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
    as long as you have the correct SID flashed then you will not see any roaming icon and you will able to make calls without any notification
    This is actually not true. I have the correct SID and I still see the roaming indicator.

The roaming indicator relies on the System Table and there is the default roaming indicator. The ERI of Sprint phones doesn't match the ERI of the Verzion PRL so the roaming indicator has to be edited for the Sprint ERI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    This is actually not true. I have the correct SID and I still see the roaming indicator.

The roaming indicator relies on the System Table and there is the default roaming indicator. The ERI of Sprint phones doesn't match the ERI of the Verzion PRL so the roaming indicator has to be edited for the Sprint ERI

With S2 i agree with you with S3 roaming indicator is gone. with current setting i was referring to S3 set up only

Feedback Score
    pclover...

thanks for the prl. I installed on my Sprint s2, no roaming indicator. The eri, is that just so it says pageplus vs sprint?

Feedback Score
    Okay, I tried all of that and I am still having trouble (let me rephrase, my ID10T friend is having trouble) getting the phone to work properly. If she is in digital roaming (which is nearly all of the time) she cannot make outgoing calls (asks her if she wants to make a collect call, and yes she has cash available on the account), and she cannot access data. She has not been able to download MMS pics for almost a week. Help please, before I have to find her yet another phone.

Device(s)
    S4, Moto X, iPhone 6s,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Mint SIM, Tello, TPO
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried reprogramming the phone with *22890? After making changes, I found I needed to reprogram.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast