Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Motion First Impressions and views on Android Vs IOS

Feedback Score

LG Motion First Impressions and views on Android Vs IOS

First of all thanks to everyone here on Howard Forums for your advice and tips. It really helped me to choose my new device. I was really booing the IPhone 5 after seeing this Motion. You have to see th

I got the LG Motion phones today for my Father and I via USPS and set them up. I still have yet to activate them with the promo $30 LTE Plan which I hope to do tomorrow via the dealer I bought my phones from.

It was soo easy to setup the phone and sync my Google and Yahoo accounts. I find it so easy to read the e-mails and to edit and delete contacts.

I also like the step-by-step initial setup. Its much more user friendly in my opinion than Apple. I have an Ipod Touch and am not keen on their OS.

I even was able to download the latest software and firmware updates via WiFi to ICS 4.04. The keyboard will take some time to get use to but I am use to the Apple Touchscreen so its not new with regards to the operation of the keyboard.

I like how the phone feels in my hand. Its not clunky unlike some of the other devices with a larger screen. If I wanted a larger screen I would go with a tablet. I do not need a tablet at this time as my laptop is soo powerful and does what I need it to do.

I just wanted a device so I don't need to take my laptop everywhere. If I were going on an extended trip I would use this phone with data and WiFi. I like how the text is easy to read, the settings are easy to toggle on and off.

I wanted an easy way to turn Airplane mode on and off unlike on IOS you have to navigate through menus to shut it off. Here on Android its just a matter of going into your notification settings. It almost makes me wonder if Apple copied Android and disabled a lot of features. I can see so many similarities such as Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode, the notification tab looks hauntingly similar to Apple.

I am not ready to follow Apple's hype and pay so much more for a device where I have to take it to a store to replace the battery, loosing my Itunes library when I went from IOS 4 to IOS 5, having to always enter my credentials when updating software from the Itunes Store, applications crashing, and poor multi tasking. I really disliked when I went to my e-mail to open an attachment a new page would open. With Android it asks you what browser you want to use for this function.

The ringtones are good and its refreshing to know you can import MP3 ringtones as well. I tested out the performance on Chrome and like that all my bookmarks are ready to navigate on the phone.

I don't get why people are complaining about the sound quality so far it sounds really good. The speaker is easy to hear.

I must say the videos on YouTube really made it easier for me to setup the phone without any hassles. Within 30 minutes everything was ready to go. When I got my IPod Touch I knew something was amiss because I saw Apple at the time was not supporting 4G LTE. I was on the verge of thinking how Apple says they are with the times but are behind the times and play catchup.

On one video comparing Anrdoid and Apple they said it took Apple a few years to incorporate the same feature Android had a few releases ago. Apple is not the leader in my opinion.

I read reviews on Snap Dragon and was wondering if Apple's A5, A6 processor is just another name for SnapDragon. Apple most likely paid Qualcomm $$$$$$ just to be able to use their"Apple 6 Processor" which is why it costs more for an Apple. With Android you have LG,HTC,Samsung and ZTE and more choices for features. You are not forced to pay $500 you can get a good phone for $130 and make the choice to pay more or pay less.

Even a teenager can have an Android phone maybe not the latest and greatest but its within reach. MetroPCS can offer it and so can Verizon. Apple first started with ATT when Android phones were coming to a majority of the carriers because Android is not locked to just the Nexus. I like how Android is open source so the average Joe who knows application programming can get on the bandwagon and program. With Apple they choose who can and who can't develop apps. And is the Apple development secretly people who live and breath Android but are paid to write for Apple and sign a non-disclosure with Apple?

I wish people who are loyal to Apple would take Android for a test drive. If an 80 year old Grandmother uses an Apple who is not to say she would not like Android? Apple has been from day one saying their OS is easy to use. The reason why Apple got so popular was because they were donating to schools in the 80s and 90s. They are monopolizing the industry and frankly who would support it?

Paying $1,000 for an Apple Book Pro when I can get a Chromebook for $500 or less says a lot. Same goes for the Iphone. Why should I pay Apple just to replace my battery? If there is a problem I have to take my phone to an Apple Store and make an appointment if the phone needs servicing or go to ATT and wait.

Android is really good with the consumers in the sense that it listens and allows us to be part of the evolving features. Android is also more accessible than Apple for individuals with disabilities. You have so many accessibility features built in . Can you say that about Apple?

Oh and Siri she's a hype the videos on Skivy show that Android responds faster and more accurately than Apple. Android's speech recognition is way better than most other phones I have used. I have tried the Google Now on the Nexus Tablet and was amazed at not having to repeat my search. I will use this for writing e-mails and text messages.

Oh and Google Maps with Navigation without paying more is a great feature. You want to know the real reason why Apple decided to delete Google Maps and make their own mapping software(hint its based on Google Maps) is because they are jealous of us Android users who get a better platform.

Why do we need to buy a Garmin when we can use Android OS to navigate to our destination?

Apple wants you to feel special but just can't do it like Android can. In this case you get a good Android phone with a dual core processor for the fraction of an Iphone.

Even if phones did not upgrade from ICS to Jellybean I would not be upset because I know I can get more features without having to root my phone just by getting the apps that I want.

I love how the LG Motion has Dolby Sound. I believe this is better than Apple's sound processing system. Dolby has been around for years and I look forward to watch videos on Youtube etc.

All in all Android really takes the basic features we use our smartphones for and upgrades it to levels we thought weren't reachable. When you own an Android you are in a club of cool techies.

I hope to see more and more people make the switch to MetroPCS and Android.

Feedback Score
    Nice Review.

LG Motion is my first Smartphone and my first Android and was so easy to learn and use- a surprise.

Agree with your points-a very solid little phone.

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertkoa View Post
    Nice Review.

LG Motion is my first Smartphone and my first Android and was so easy to learn and use- a surprise.

Agree with your points-a very solid little phone.
    Yeah i still don't get why people say the Ios is so much more intuitive than android i use Android every day and since day one felt it was pretty intuitive. Where as i have friends with IOS devises they didn't seem as easy to use as android especially with the one physical button that does way to much you press it once fr thi twice for that hold it for this whats so intuitive about that?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Re: LG Motion First Impressions and views on Android Vs IOS

I know I can't give a company my money that took three generations to make mms work. I still laugh at that. Totally ridiculous...

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    lol i know what u mean lil pimp i believe u still cant send a pic with sound at the same time.... lol epic
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    lol i know what u mean lil pimp i believe u still cant send a pic with sound at the same time.... lol epic
    Really that's just a disgrace.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    yea not sure if they fixed that on the iphone 5 but my friend had the iphone 4 and he had to send a picture on one thread and the sound on another.

Feedback Score
    Cool story bro, needs more dragons and ninjas......

Lg Motion is honestly a bottom of the barrel phone...

Yes the phone is snappy and works good, but that's where it ends.
    Screen to small and horrible I mean horrible resolution.
    Camera sub par
    Did I mention how small the phone is?

Honestly as I have the Lg Nexus 4 in my hand I can never go back.....

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by life4eva View Post
    Cool story bro, needs more dragons and ninjas......

Lg Motion is honestly a bottom of the barrel phone...

Yes the phone is snappy and works good, but that's where it ends.
    Screen to small and horrible I mean horrible resolution.
    Camera sub par
    Did I mention how small the phone is?

Honestly as I have the Lg Nexus 4 in my hand I can never go back.....
    Congratulations. Please tell us more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by averagewonder View Post
    Congratulations. Please tell us more.

Cute avatar you have there, what are you 12.......

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by life4eva View Post
    Cute avatar you have there, what are you 12.......

Yeah that's it I'm 12 you figured it out. Why are you wasting your time when there are so many unsolved crimes out there quick go solve them crimes. Seriously do you really feel the need to insult me because of what I said? If you do go okay with your dragons and ningas because its really not necessary. Just because your online and can hide who you are doesn't mean you need to be rude to people you don't know.

Last edited by averagewonder; 01-13-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's it I'm 12 you figured it out. Why are you wasting your time when there are so many unsolved crimes out there quick go solve them crimes. Seriously do you really feel the need to insult me because of what I said? If you do go okay with your dragons and ningas because its really not necessary. Just because your online and can hide who you are doesn't mean you need to be rude to people you don't know.

Well to my understanding you were the one who felt the need to comment to me first.

My post was for the op which has nothing to do with you....

The op basically wrote a novel on the Lg Motion comparing it to iphone. I actually owned an Lg Motion and gave it to my wife, which then I bought an Lg Nexus 4.
    There is no way on the face of this earth that anyone can say the Lg Motion is better than the iphone 5, heck not even close to the iphone 4gs....

Lg Motion with it's dual processor is actually a very fast phone, but it does have limited memory which stops it from being great. The other problem with the phone is the screen size and low resolution.

iPhone is in another league, almost comical to even compare this phone to it.

Honestly I could care less as my Nexus 4 has a quad core processor and 2gbs of ram....

My final comment is Lg Motion is one of the best budget phones out, but for advanced users the small screen with low res and low memory would be a downgrade coming from an iPhone, s3, Nexus 4, Note, etc.
    Last edited by life4eva; 01-14-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    ladiez ladiez theres more than 1 way to compare apples to peaches or shall i say android to applez. are we comparing it on hardwise specs or os wise? ill agree the motion lacks display performance, now being a 4 inch device some people are fine with that some want it bigger loool typical women haha had to say it. anywayz os wise the iphone is only great to those that have a personal preference to apple ios. but if we take a noob that has never had a smart phone in his life and we had him try both os and compared what he can do and what he cant do on both platforms i have $500 here that says i can get him to lean towards android, once i show him how easy it is to navigate and install apps, u dont even need to download from market to install apps on android. on ios you need a apple account and making one without a creditcard isnt always obvious for noobs. android is simple just make a gmail and log into your phone bam. so in conclusion between lg motion and iphone, iphone wins hardware wise but thats all and no more. os wise motion takes the cake. oh if feel the need to enlighten me feel free to so i see this as a friendly convo and no more.

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score

I gotta agree with my boy N4zty. Also life4eva didn't want to start anything with you we're all family here. I just didn't really see the point to make the comment you did that's all everyone's got there opinion he has his and you have yours. Just get a little tired of the way things are in forums I guess. Me personally you couldn't pay me enough to switch to an iPhone. OK that's a lie after all i like money who doesn't but i think if someone said here is an iPhone and an LG motion pick one to use as your phone I'm going motion every time. To me the only real advantage the iPhone would have is size and that's it. I just really don't like apple.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    I gotta agree with my boy N4zty. Also life4eva didn't want to start anything with you we're all family here. I just didn't really see the point to make the comment you did that's all everyone's got there opinion he has his and you have yours. Just get a little tired of the way things are in forums I guess. Me personally you couldn't pay me enough to switch to an iPhone. OK that's a lie after all i like money who doesn't but i think if someone said here is an iPhone and an LG motion pick one to use as your phone I'm going motion every time. To me the only real advantage the iPhone would have is size and that's it. I just really don't like apple.

well said bud!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast