Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big 6 is now a Big 5. Wireless Zone to be acquired by same parent as Diamond.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Big 6 is now a Big 5. Wireless Zone to be acquired by same parent as Diamond.

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/apps...mpaign=Tuesday

I am wondering what the overlap is...there has to be both wireless Zone and Diamond Locations close to one another.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Feedback Score
    These guys always pay about 200k per store, great deal if you ask me. Not happy to see wireless zone leave though, wish they bought out moorehead instead. The streets would be much cleaner.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    These guys always pay about 200k per store, great deal if you ask me. Not happy to see wireless zone leave though, wish they bought out moorehead instead. The streets would be much cleaner.
    Moorehead is doing an ok job cleaning themselves out. 2 down, 4 to go in CT.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wrong. Wireless Zone is not going to affiliate with Diamond in any way, shape or form. Wireless Zone will continue to operate as it always has. They have the way they operate, we have ours. This will continue.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've always heard about the Big 6 but I've never figured out who they are.

Wireless Zone, Diamond, Moorehead, Cellular Sales?, ?, ?

Anyone know who the big 6 are?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KPierson View Post
    I've always heard about the Big 6 but I've never figured out who they are.

Wireless Zone, Diamond, Moorehead, Cellular Sales?, ?, ?

Anyone know who the big 6 are?
    I believe GoWireless is the other one.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Go Wireless would be the 5th, what is the 6th?

Feedback Score
    A Wireless

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan View Post
    Wrong. Wireless Zone is not going to affiliate with Diamond in any way, shape or form. Wireless Zone will continue to operate as it always has. They have the way they operate, we have ours. This will continue.
    It wouldn't make much sense to operate 2 totally separate entities, when you could have the combined power of the far and away largest Verizon retailer under one umbrella.

I am sure with existing contracts in place and such, it wont be overnight, and they may keep operating as 2 different store names for local market recognition, but some consolidation is bound to happen.

Feedback Score

Verizon should do a sprint and purchase all of them and keep it in house. And purchase bust buy mobile and radio shack err yard shack

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htcgoogle View Post
    Verizon should do a sprint and purchase all of them and keep it in house. And purchase bust buy mobile and radio shack err yard shack
    Why should Verizon do that?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by KPierson View Post
    Why should Verizon do that?
    No more indirect so more profits for them

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No more indirect so more profits for them
    You obviously aren't a business owner and understand what goes on behind the scenes. You think it's more profitable to stay in house, pay all those leases on all the real estate, pay for employees' salaries and benefits, the taxes associated with employees, the sales tax, the property tax (if they own any properties), the cost of equipment and on and on and on. It's more profitable for VZW to allow the indirect channel to become the largest channel (they don't care how close indirects are to each other, but they care how close corporate stores are to each other).

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by corys00 View Post
    You obviously aren't a business owner and understand what goes on behind the scenes. You think it's more profitable to stay in house, pay all those leases on all the real estate, pay for employees' salaries and benefits, the taxes associated with employees, the sales tax, the property tax (if they own any properties), the cost of equipment and on and on and on. It's more profitable for VZW to allow the indirect channel to become the largest channel (they don't care how close indirects are to each other, but they care how close corporate stores are to each other).
    I also think the auto industry should buyout auto dealer and sell directly to the customers no more competing with near by dealerships on the same exact car

Feedback Score

I also think the auto industry should buyout auto dealer and sell directly to the customers no more competing with near by dealerships on the same exact car
    Competition offer better pricing for the consumer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast