Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Sprint Coverage-signal strength varies

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is. It's a question I've always had about this area of the Oklahoma panhandle and why it is shown this way. What is the nature of the middle shade of green, technology-wise? It is labeled as "Sprint coverage-signal strength varies", a different shade of green than just straight "Sprint Coverage" and different from "Off-Network Roaming". Based on the labeling I assume it is native and not roaming, but what type of native coverage is it? It's just odd, and I only see one or two other instances where this color is used in other areas of the country. Are they using different frequencies in this area, different signal strengths than in the dark green, just what is it? I'm baffled.

Attachment 87659

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Re: Sprint Coverage-signal strength varies

It's usually a sprint affiliate and since sprint doesn't operate the network it shows signal strength varies because they can't make coverage claims based on a network they don't operate. It also isn't considered roaming. It's also like that in Virgina and the affiliate there is Ntelos I believe so one could look at their coverage map for the area.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze on AT&T using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, Virginia, North Carolina, and a tiny little strip in West Virginia are the only other places this type of coverage shows up. So they don't own the system, but it's not roaming because they're "affiliated" somehow. Interesting. It's probably Panhandle Telephone Company since they and Verizon are the only other CDMA carriers out there. Odd, but thanks much for the info.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    From Wikipedia.

CDMA Partners (SRA Members): Alaska DigiTel in Alaska; Alltel Wireless in Montana; NTelos in West Virginia, and western Virginia; NexTech Wireless in Kansas, and part of Colorado; Pioneer Cellular in Kansas and Oklahoma, in which their agreement ended on March 1, 2012.

I thought they had another small player in the Dodge City/Garden City area of KS. I think they are the ones that cover the panhandle of OK. I think the Wikipedia entry can be updated to remove Pioneer Cellular since they are no longer an SRA member.

*Edit* I did some work on the Wikipedia SRA entry. If anyone sees anything that is missing please add it or pass it along and I will add it.
    Last edited by macuser09; 12-17-2012 at 09:13 PM.