Thread: what is the best Dell pc?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

what is the best Dell pc?

Every dell I've had were junk and didn't last very long. I'll never buy another dell too many issues and not enough support from them. If I had to choose I did like some of the gaming configured systems they put together. I used to think the xps systems were good but seems like the quality went south the last five or so years.

Feedback Score
    Strange post. I've had nothing but Dell's for the last 7 years, and every single one has been a gem. They are my very first choice in a laptop and a desktop.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Depends on which models you buy. They sell low end systems designed for Grandmas who check their e-mail once a month, mid range gaming systems and the corporate world machines. People tend to buy based on price so they pick up the lowest end crap. I use my systems every day and sometimes they do things overnight, basically running 24x7 so I buy the corporate systems.
    I have currently a Latitude D430 as my main system, a Latitude D630 as my server, two latitude D620's for my kids, a Latitude 2120 for my wife and a Latitude C400 as my spare and a Venue 8.
    The C400 is from 2002 and has been dropped so many times the hinges are held together with JB Weld, and the latitude D's are all from 2006. They last forever and I've bought most of them used.

Device(s)
    Samsung S3
    Feedback Score
    I believe Dell actually produces Alienware. So buy one of these. The latest models have insane specs, but start from 5k.

Feedback Score

Smile Venue

I have used mostly Dells throughout my life without many problems. Other than reliability, 1 of the main reasons I stick with them is so that I use the same chargers (1 @ home, 1 @ work, 1 in my bag etc etc); unlike other brands, I appreciate them not changing their chargers so I can continue to use old ones & not have to buy extras.

My parents had a cheap $299 BestBuy Dell that never gave them problems & have moved onto an Inspiron ultrabook - that hard drive did crash but was replaced free under warranty.

I have always preferred the higher-spec XPS line - altho I like the look of the AlienWare, they are too big/heavy for me & the short battery life would never work.

I do wish that they would continue making phones. I really like the way the Venue looked:

Nokia N9 16GB Black
    Nokia N8 Dark Grey (Retired)

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Been a while now but I ended up finding a good deal on a used alienware from a friend that upgraded. It's been a great machine with no issues whatsoever.
    Sent from my RM-975_1005 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia69 View Post
    I have used mostly Dells throughout my life without many problems. Other than reliability, 1 of the main reasons I stick with them is so that I use the same chargers (1 @ home, 1 @ work, 1 in my bag etc etc); unlike other brands, I appreciate them not changing their chargers so I can continue to use old ones & not have to buy extras.

My parents had a cheap $299 BestBuy Dell that never gave them problems & have moved onto an Inspiron ultrabook - that hard drive did crash but was replaced free under warranty.

I have always preferred the higher-spec XPS line - altho I like the look of the AlienWare, they are too big/heavy for me & the short battery life would never work.

I do wish that they would continue making phones. I really like the way the Venue looked:

Same here. I have used most of the Dell Products and all are unique in their own way.

Feedback Score
    It depends on your requirement and what's your need.

Feedback Score
    I have a Dell 17 inch inspiron laptop haswell 4 GB without touch screen Windows 8 upgraded to 10.

I never had any hardware problems and it still works good.

I did have a problem activating windows. Windows I guess does not activate without an Internet connection so I had to call Dell and activate it manually.

I also never used any of the Dell included software. It keeps asking you to do something like register.

There was a software issue with Windows showing hidden drives that I had to reset Windows to fix.

Another thing to watch out for is the hardware and windows warranty are not always the same length. I think the basic hardware warranty is 1 year but the Windows warranty was less but it can vary depending on what you bought.

One thing I did not like is the black touch pad shows finger prints but that was just this model that I am sure they don't make anymore.