Thread: iPhone 5's $50 off at Best Buy today - get on SERO?

Feedback Score

iPhone 5's $50 off at Best Buy today - get on SERO?

Has anyone had success buying an iPhone through Best Buy and getting it on their SERO plan? I'd like to upgrade and Best Buy is selling the iPhone 5 $50 off today. But I don't want my plan to get messed up by going into the store and them trying to change my plan.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    FWIW-

When you purchase the iphone 5 online on a sero $40 + $10 acct it will tell you that your plan is not compatable with the device. But really all this means is they have to change your plan (reprovision?)due to the LTE. The reality is nothing changes- same plan. Ive never upgraded my sero phone at best buy so I don't know if they have problems with sero there or not.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I tried to upgrade on line, it wanted me to agree to a $100/mo plan and warned me that I could not go back to my old plan even if I turned in the phone and that I was committed to 24 months at $100/mo. I would never take the chance that customer support will be nice and waive the commitment. Yes, they have done that but I don't want to take a chance on a commitment or $2,400 in payments!

Some people have sweet talked BB employees or Sprint CSR's but I was not successful.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint family
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buddycat View Post
    FWIW-

When you purchase the iphone 5 online on a sero $40 + $10 acct it will tell you that your plan is not compatable with the device. But really all this means is they have to change your plan (reprovision?)due to the LTE. The reality is nothing changes- same plan. Ive never upgraded my sero phone at best buy so I don't know if they have problems with sero there or not.
    In my email to Sprint CS, I requested Sprint to price match the upgrade price offered at AmazonWireless.
    Sprint webisite upgrade $199 vs AmazonWireless (Target,Walmart) at $99.

Sprint replied by email, that SERO plan phone upgrades are ONLY thru Sprint and not 3rd party retailers.
    I will try talking to a CS rep and see if they are allowed to offer a better price.