Thread: Can a Tracfone CDMA phone have it's number changed?

Feedback Score

Question Can a Tracfone CDMA phone have it's number changed?

Just wondering because it does not have a sim card can the phone number that's already in a CDMA phone be changed to a new area code and number by calling CS?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Yes. You will likely have to do a bunch of code entry mode, so be prepared. Also, maybe you will have to do *22890 and *22891, don't know.

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Just wondering because it does not have a sim card can the phone number that's already in a CDMA phone be changed to a new area code and number by calling CS?
    Yes. Some keystrokes and then OTA programming (*22890, etc.)

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Why do you need a SIM card? CDMA phones are given new phone numbers over the air (OTA) by other carriers all the time. I just reactivated a used Motorola E815 with PagePlus Cellular, with no "number entry" like TF requires. Tracfone (TF) just makes life more difficult by having the subscriber enter a lot of numbers to set-up the new phone number. Other cell providers do it OTA.

As an aside, I had to enter Tracfone's (TF) multiple lines of code for 6 pages, and I just used the back button on my computer (my cache) to verify that bonus code 84341 for 30 extra minutes on a 60 minute airtime card was still valid. This was on a CDMA (LG-220) phone previously activated on TF.

I have ported my main number from that previous TF to PagePlus Cellular because for the second time, Tracfone's "Loss Prevention" Department has cut my cell off with no warning nor explanation. I will NEVER go back to Tracfone. Ever.

I guess I could consider myself "lucky" for getting my primary number out of Tracfone's death grip, but that's all they would let me take this time. I had over 450 legitimate minutes and service paid til July, 2013 this time. My cell is my only phone - no landline!

I went through this back in 2009, and I wound up sending TF two large certified letters and one lengthy FAX with copies of all my receipts and a lengthy explanation of how I got all those minutes. I lost cell service for five months while all this BS transpired between TF and myself back in 2009.

I thought our "problems" were behind us, but I thought wrong!

I hope everyone has a great holiday!
    Last edited by MountainMike; 12-21-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: add TF activation
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!

Feedback Score
    Long answer short. Yes
    Just call CS or use their Facebook page to talk to a CS rep and they can help you get your phone relocated to your new area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

Thanks.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Yes. You will likely have to do a bunch of code entry mode, so be prepared. Also, maybe you will have to do *22890 and *22891, don't know.
    I apologize if my previous response seemed a little off topic.

As Lisme suggested, a call to TF CS in MIAMI (1-800-876-5753) can get a CDMA number changed. ASK if you are speaking to MIAMI; they seem more knowledgeable about what they are doing. You might be able to "transfer in" a number online under "Support" at the TF website:
    http://www.tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp

I hope that helps.
    Mike