Thread: AT&T new marketing for 4G

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T new marketing for 4G

I have noticed the new at&t marketing that says "more is better" when it comes to 4G. Isnt this the same marketing that Verizon used with 3G? At&t always stated it's about the speed and not where you have it. Their 3G ads were always about being faster than the other guy, even if in a few markets. Verizon said their 3G was in more markets. Now at&t claims its all about the markets and not speed within them. If their customers adhere to the old model, shouldn't they switch to Verizon? Re-branding what you initially called 3G+ 4G doesn't make your initial point. Its confusing! If I live in an area that is still 3G with all carriers, which should I chose? The one with more coverage (Verizon), or faster coverage (at&t)?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the world of advertizing, LOL. Personally, I would rather have a data service that works at a decent speed everywhere than only be able to use a blazing speed in a few places. But that's just me.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    More coverage..even if it's still 2G.
    In the end, I still need a phone that works and if it has to be 2G then so be it.
    A BB will still pull data for me at decent speeds on 2G.

As a user of all three platforms, this is a big reason why I still use BBs even with a declining market share and the advent of iOS and Android.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: AT&T new marketing for 4G

It all depends how you use your phone. If you are happy with a BB, then you usually have low data usage. I have yet to see a BB user who wishes to download alot of apps, or stream the latest movie. BB found a niche with E-mail and fairly basic use. A Blackberry was never meant to do what your home computer can do. That has been their downfall though. From a carrier standpoint BB users use very little data, but still pay the same. Most carriers would love to have a bunch of BB users, due to the fact they dont hog bandwidth. But no matter how you look at it, BBerrys are a dying platform. Most people want something closer to the abilities of a home computer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggore View Post
    Welcome to the world of advertizing, LOL. Personally, I would rather have a data service that works at a decent speed everywhere than only be able to use a blazing speed in a few places. But that's just me.
    Exactly why I'm with AT&T. HSPA+ almost anywhere there's any cell service at all (a bit of EDGE roaming on CellularOne but that's mostly no service for Verizon) vs LTE in 6 of the 7 major towns (3 of the 4 I spend time in) and rural areas that are all EVDO? Yeah, AT&T wins that argument, even though I know you didn't mean it to.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    Exactly why I'm with AT&T. HSPA+ almost anywhere there's any cell service at all (a bit of EDGE roaming on CellularOne but that's mostly no service for Verizon) vs LTE in 6 of the 7 major towns (3 of the 4 I spend time in) and rural areas that are all EVDO? Yeah, AT&T wins that argument, even though I know you didn't mean it to.
    It might win the argument in your state, but it certainly does not in every state. If you never go anywhere else, fine, enjoy, but if you do, be prepared to suffer on occasion and experience what those of us who don't have the blanket "4G" and LTE coverage that AT&T has blessed your area with to enjoy are griping about..

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggore View Post
    It might win the argument in your state, but it certainly does not in every state. If you never go anywhere else, fine, enjoy, but if you do, be prepared to suffer on occasion and experience what those of us who don't have the blanket "4G" and LTE coverage that AT&T has blessed your area with to enjoy are griping about..
    At&t is way better here in Texas also. Verizon does have more LTE coverage, but AT&T has more 3G and 2G coverage in areas where Verizon has no service at all. I have used both for a long time and traveled all around the state.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    Fantastic way above EVDO speeds going on here!! Thank GOD for AT&T LTE speeds!! Not sure what I would do without it!!

Feedback Score

Oh my god I'm dying with these unthinkable HSPA+ speeds!!!! OMG screw you Verizon and your unbelievable LTE speeds!!

Feedback Score

Ahhhhhh!!

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    Ahhhhhh!!
    Welcome back.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

In their new marketing campaign they are promoting that "faster is better" and that an iPhone 5 is faster on their 4G network is faster than Verizon. I wish they would clarify which 4G they are talking about. Maybe LTE should drop the 4G in their technology definition to define the difference. Then maybe there would be something clear for consumers.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I wish the "Can you hear me now" guy was back. We need to go back to the old marketing to bring things back. More wasn't better according to at&t in the 3G era. Now their "4G" is in more places, without a definition of 4G. They aggressively market in the areas they have LTE, but its only locally. Make up your mind at&t! Where do you stand? Especially if I don't live in an area you don't consider 4G!