Thread: SG Note2 Battery Life?

Device(s)
    SG Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question SG Note2 Battery Life?

I'm looking at getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Sprint) and my last android phone (Original WiMAX EVO 4G) *required* an extended battery to last more than a few hours with any useage, I wanted to know ahead if I needed and extended battery for the Note2 so I could go ahead and order it at the same time. (most useage will be MP3 playback, second largest will be video streaming, third will be net browsing) I also usually have my device in airplane mode+WiFi at home and use VoIP (Tapitone) which I know will eat into the battery life...

So, in short, do I need an extended battery to get a solid 8-10 hours of light-moderate usage and ~4 hours of heavy usage or will the included battery suffice? (my iPhone5 lasts like a champ, so to me that's the gold standard to come as close to as possible, and my evo is dead after just 4 hours of MP3 playback WITH extended battery so it's the s**t standard)
    "Thank you for helping us, help you, help us all" - GLaDOS, PORTAL

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T. S. Eliot

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Re: SG Note2 Battery Life?

No, since the phone is bigger, they are able to fit a larger battery. My Note 2 lasts a day with moderate to heavy usage and 1.5 days with light to moderate usage.

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score

Pretty awesome battery life on my Note 2. The word that comes to mind is Heavy Duty.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I am on my 3rd charge as I only just got the phone. It's been on for 17hrs 45mins on this charge, and I have 27% battery life remaining. That's with very light usage. Just made a couple of calls, sent a few text messages, did some configuring and app downloading/installing for a couple hrs, did a bit of surfing on WiFi, and have been running a scanner radio app via WiFi listening to the local fire depts for about 6 hrs. My screen is set to 2-min timeout, smart stay, and is set to approx 65% non-auto brightness. I have CPU power saving enabled and have turned off haptic feedback. I did not enable screen pwr saving or background colour pwr saving as I didn't like the dimmer screen while surfing. Bluetooth is enabled.

I thought I might have needed a spare battery, but I am glad I didn't get one. The Note II charges via the USB port, so you can run an AC adapter or a 12v adapter and charge it pretty much anywhere. And no having to take off the back of the case to swap the battery.

Device(s)
    SG Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I went ahead and got a Note2 off eBay but it ended up having a bad ESN and I had to return it under Buyer Protection... however while I had it, battery life seemed good, though not as good as my iPhone 5 (went a head and installed everything I wanted since I could just nandroid it and put it on another note2 when I get one with a clean ESN and ran it with the cellular radio off) I found that if I wasnt running anything in the background it lasted nicely, but when I installed Talkatone (VoIP) battery life took a noticable hit.

I only had it a couple days so I never tried turning on the power saver feature, does it make the device noticably slower?

Also, does anyone know if the HDMI cable drains power or charges the device? I found out it can be remote-controled using PLEX and am thinking of using it as a media-center device at night and possibly a net-top with a spare monitor and BT KB/Mouse (if it doesnt charge the device while plugged in then I'll have to get the smartdock, but if it does I see no reason to spend the $100+shipping)

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score

Power saving makes it slower. Never tried it though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Technically, CPU power-saving makes it slower, but in reality it would depend what you're doing with it, as in whether or not you'll notice. At this time, I wouldn't notice.

Also, I came from a dumb phone, so maybe "not as fast" is better terminology for me. lol

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Oh, as far as buying from eBay or Craigslist... for me, the phone is worth too much to take that gamble.

Device(s)
    SG Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Note2 View Post
    Oh, as far as buying from eBay or Craigslist... for me, the phone is worth too much to take that gamble.
    CL I agree, there's zero protection. eBay though has "buyer protection" and feedback, so your less likely to get scammed (though it's not impossible - as I said above seller with 100% positive 300+ feedback and I got scammed, but I got a 100% refund so...) if the costs were closer, I wouldn't even consider it, but seeing as I can save anywhere from $150-$300 on the phone (since it's off-contract, not a subsidised buy) I cant afford to be choosy... >.<

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Note2 View Post
    I've bought 7 phones from eBay. And 4 of them were higher end, 2 HD2'S, A sensation , and my amaze, and never had an issue.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using HowardForums
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Device(s)
    SG Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    I've bought 7 phones from eBay. And 4 of them were higher end, 2 HD2'S, A sensation , and my amaze, and never had an issue.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using HowardForums
    ESN in question is 99000207656130 (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in White "Lost or Stolen")

First time I bought a high-end phone off eBay (bought both ny SPH-a900s though and had no problems) and strangely enough the item claimed it was clean, and when I used an online ESN checker it also said "this ESN is clean and ready to activate", but 5 sprint reps ALL double-checked it and said it was "lost or stolen" I'm suspicious that the seller also got screwed (i.e. he's reselling a phone somone sold him and after it sold they report it lost/stolen)

I'm going to try one more time if I can get one for ~$500 (retail is $650) once my refund goes through. but if it's $600 or more, I'll just spend the extra $50 and get it from Sprint directly.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation XE
    Feedback Score
    My Friend has bought a new Galaxy Note 2..and he's pretty much satisfied with his battery..even after a heavy use for the whole day..he's able to save some battery at night..which i think is worth!!