Thread: Odd store experience

Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Odd store experience

I went into a local Verizon retailer today (not a Verizon corporate store) to have a screen protector put on my phone. The worker installed it for me and also asked for my cell number, which I thought was a bit odd since it was completely unnecessary for him to know my number just to install a screen protector. Then when he finished putting it on, he stepped away from the desk and brought my phone into a back stockroom and closed the door behind him. There were 2 other workers back there that were visible before he closed the door. About 1 minute later he came back out with my phone and handed it to me and I was on my way.

I don't know if I'm just being overly paranoid, but I find it very odd that he brought my phone into a back room and closed the door behind him. How could that possibly be necessary? Is there any chance they could have accessed any passwords or have installed anything on the phone? It was literally only about 1 minute they were back there. This store has been open for years and I have no other reason to believe they are doing anything shady.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Why didn't you ask him why he took your phone and what he did with it? He's the only one who can tell you.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Why didn't you ask him why he took your phone and what he did with it? He's the only one who can tell you.
    I know, but I didn't really think anything of it until after I got home.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Odd store experience

That is very odd. The only reason I can see is that he may have placed a call to your phone, to assure the "touch" worked. Some of the screen protectors are tricky to install. Without other info, such as the last four of your ssn or password, they cant access your account info. I would watch your usage as a precaution, although hacking and/or cloning rarely happens. Weird indeed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 4 / Samsung 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did he charge you? That could be a reason to know your number. Otherwise look in your call log to see if the phone was used.

As far as the actual installation of the protector ... I hate them. I install on on all of our new phones (some users peel them off immediately) and getting it right is not fun. I'd rather do it in a more private location than in front of the user.
    Three places to look:
    Rules Search FAQ

ST3000 -> ST7868 + V.60i -> E815 -> Krave ZN4 -> Droid 2 Global -> Droid 4