Thread: iPhone setting for AirVoice

Feedback Score

iPhone setting for AirVoice

Hi,
    Attached is the setting of iPhone 4s or 5 to work on Airvoice.
    All credits are to Dizzle from StraightTalk forums.

Sinus

How to set iPhone 4S with iOS 6 for ST and AV.pdf

Feedback Score
    Several months old, but can anyone confirm if this is still working? And can this be done on a locked AT&T 4s, or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Do you have to use the unlimited plan to use for the iPhone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    Locked ATT iPhone will work with this SIMPLER procedure.

U sign up with ANY plan AV offers (see their website) from pre-paid 30/60/90/180/365 days to Pay-As-U-Go as low as $3.50 a month for emergency use only phones. Regardless of which AV plan, all cellular data (web access) is 0.33/Meg.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I saw in their website, they have a $35 plan with unlimited talk and txt, 100MB data. Can I use that for my unlocked iPhone 4? The reason I ask is I got wifi everywhere I work and school. I hardly use more than 100MB now. With PureTalkusa I pay $44 a month for unlimited talk and Txt, 600 MMS and 600MB of data. If I could save $10 a month, then I would go for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    The AV website pretty spells out exactly what ur getting. Only thing is, every MVNO has different procedure for getting MMS to work, so u wanna make sure this works with ur phone, if that's important to you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for your input, I have the APN setting in my iPhone 4 so it's not a problem to enter the APN for Airvoice service. I will wait until my Puretalkusa to end in the 22nd. I might just port it on the 20th or 21st.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Several months old, but can anyone confirm if this is still working? And can this be done on a locked AT&T 4s, or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks!
    Hi,
    The above mentioned procedure works. Recently I used it on unlocked 4s and 5 after updating iOS.

AK

Feedback Score
    With the CS rep on the phone I went to http://unlockit.co.nz with my iPhone and then selected Airvoice from a dropdown which then directed me to a specific place in the App Store. It all seemed a bit weird, but it worked like a charm. Much easier than the instructions in the pdf and pretty foolproof. I put some more of the details on my blog.

Of course this is just a quick approach for iPhones. Other users will probably have to enter in the settings manually.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithepa View Post
    Locked ATT iPhone will work with this SIMPLER procedure.

U sign up with ANY plan AV offers (see their website) from pre-paid 30/60/90/180/365 days to Pay-As-U-Go as low as $3.50 a month for emergency use only phones. Regardless of which AV plan, all cellular data (web access) is 0.33/Meg.
    So...this doesn't work. At least, not for me.

Hardware: locked AT&T iPhone 4S.
    Plan: $35/month unlimited talk/text + 100MB
    Current situation: followed this plan to the letter, and tested it by opening Safari (after turning off WiFi) and going to Google.com. It showed up, so I figured it worked, then turned off data and went back to WiFi. Well, once I was out and about and in a non-WiFi location today, I turned that off and turned data back on, and...nothing. No icon next to the carrier name, no ability to connect to the internet. Nada.

Any idea what might be going on? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Guess it's to late to edit, so I'll just reply to myself: issue solved through more trial and error. AV only suggested a power cycle, which I'd already tried.

What finally worked, in case anyone else runs into this problem: making sure cellular data was turned ON before downloading/installing the APN via wifi. Doing so when it was turned off never worked, but turning it on before installing instantly fixed the problem - no power cycle required, even.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Here is the APN setting for iPhone from their site. Not sure if it works.
    https://www.airvoicewireless.com/sup...upport/iphone/