Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: airvoice $40 plan with 500 mb is a bad surprise

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg329 View Post
    Are the wait times any better?
    I called CS a few days ago around 8pm EST. The wait time was less than 30 seconds. At least that gives us one positive data point.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this only for data or voice/sms too?

Thinking of going to their $30 or $35 plan for the unlimited sms.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am going to the $35 one with unlimited talk, text, MMS and 100MB of data. That's all I need, I have wifi everywhere I go.

Carrier(s)
    Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Is this only for data or voice/sms too?

Thinking of going to their $30 or $35 plan for the unlimited sms.
    I assume that you are referring to having to call customer service to unlock whatever remaining data on your plan is when you say "it." I actually didn't have to call in to unlock the last 100MB of the 500MB plan (ended February 28, 2013). Maybe their recent plan changes including removing this bit of hassle.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Sorry, yes, i'm referring to having to call in to get what you should be getting to begin with.

We have a disabled relative, and were thinking of getting a smart phone or some other phone that's capable of taking pictures. It be easier to send those via sms than email/upload. For now, their $30 plan is a mirror of att's $50 voice/text plan.

Feedback Score
    So now for 40$ plan there is no need to call for last 100mbs, right?

Carrier(s)
    Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efredmi View Post
    So now for 40$ plan there is no need to call for last 100mbs, right?
    Correct, at least based on my recent experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cluelessblues View Post
    Correct, at least based on my recent experience.
    Idk. I called them up and cs said it is still 400 megs on. Shut off then have to reactivate 100 megs. The rest of the plans are all one shot though.

Also, CS times vary widely. I took 10 minutes and no pickup at one point and another was two minutes.
    Good2Go's cs times are up too. Maybe people are leaving Net10 and flooding them. Not sure.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I work with both company's and they are getting customers that are done with net10 now that its not unlimited.

Feedback Score
    AirVoice is shady. Read their TOS regarding data...then wi-fi.

Mobile Web/Data
    This service will only work on compatible handsets that offer a web browser, the required feature code on the account and on handsets that are properly configured with Airvoice data settings. It is your responsibility to ensure that your device is data capable before purchasing the Airvoice Talk, Text & MMS with Data plan. No credits will be issued to customers of Airvoice Talk, Text & MMS with Data if his or her phone does not support Mobile Web. Airvoice will not credit back internet usage time for any reason. You are allotted 100 MB of data per 30 day period on the $35 plan, 500 MB of data per 30 day period on the $40 plan, and 1 GB of data per 30 day period on the $55 plan. A data session consists from the time you access the internet via the mobile device until you terminate the session. Each data session is billed in use per KB. There are 1024 KB in one MB. Multiple sessions can be initiated within a 24 hour period and each will be considered part of your 100 MB, 500 MB or 1 GB (depending on your plan) as independent events. You are responsible for ending each data session. If you fail to end a session, the internet will still be considered connected on your device, and will be counted as part of your 100 MB, 500 MB or 1 GB (depending on your plan). Failure to log off of the internet will result in depletion of your internet usage time, and will NOT be credited back to you by Airvoice Wireless for any reason. If you use your 100 MB, 500 MB or 1 GB before the expiration of the 30 day period, you may choose to apply another month’s service to begin a new data cycle. If you do not finish your allotted 100 MB, 500 MB or 1 GB of data within your 30 day expiration period, you forfeit the remaining MB of usage. Remaining MBs do not rollover to your next expiration period. Anytime a $35, $40 or $55 refill card is added, the existing data amount on your account will be reset to zero and the new data amount will be applied. We strongly suggest you add any additional refills after you finish your allotted data or after your expiration date. You can dial *777# SEND to receive your expiration date on your handset at anytime.

We have the right to slow down the speed of data browsing upon our own discretion at anytime during your 30 day cycle. You may attempt to download ringtones, games or other multimedia content to your wireless device. You will still be charged for data used when attempting to download multimedia content, even if you are unable to save the content to your phone. Airvoice will not issue any credits for this reason. Please note, although you may attempt to view any webpage using your mobile phone, not all websites are formatted for mobile devices. You may experience delays when attempting to load certain websites, especially those that are not formatted for wireless devices or contain graphic content. Airvoice Wireless is not responsible for slow loading time when using data services, and will not issue credits for this reason.

Wi-Fi
    When using Wi-Fi, you will need to turn OFF your Cellular Data Network Setting on your handset. If you do not turn off the cellular data network setting on your handset, you will be charged for internet usage even if you are using Wi-Fi because it will still be considered Cellular Data Usage. Turning off the Cellular Data Network Setting will ensure you will strictly be using Wi-Fi and that you are not connected to the Cellular Data Network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellyon View Post
    AirVoice is shady. Read their TOS regarding data...then wi-fi.

Have you ever read Simple Mobile's TOS? Or Net10's? Or Page Plus's? They basically all say "we can screw you and you can't do anything to us.". The reality is that on a day to day practical basis, if they did actually practice to the letter everything they said they would do , they'd be out of business because everyone would hate them and tell them to basically go to the blazes. Same for Air Voice. If they actually went through the trouble of enforcing all this legalese blah blah blah, they'd be out of business with angry customers.

The wifi thing is a new thing though. Never saw that before.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With being a Airvoice dealer and actually using their service up till this week (lack of att coverage in my area). the wifi part is more for say iphones where when the screen goes out it disconnects and will start to use 3G. in the month i personally had airvoice never had any problems with my internet being used while on wifi. its been in their printed brochers since january last year. not sure when it was updated online

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Have you ever read Simple Mobile's TOS? Or Net10's? Or Page Plus's? They basically all say "we can screw you and you can't do anything to us.". The reality is that on a day to day practical basis, if they did actually practice to the letter everything they said they would do , they'd be out of business because everyone would hate them and tell them to basically go to the blazes. Same for Air Voice. If they actually went through the trouble of enforcing all this legalese blah blah blah, they'd be out of business with angry customers.

The wifi thing is a new thing though. Never saw that before.
    The topic was about AirVoice Wireless, not SM, N10 or PP... but, yeah, they're shady too.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think airvoice understands how most smartphones work. If you have wifi on... the phone will disconnect the data connection automatically over cellular. The only time I've seen both active are when doing certain purchases through the Google Play store - it'll for some reason connect via cellular data to check the transaction. It shows the little data arrows on both the cellular and wifi - this is the ONLY time I've observed this. I have a Galaxy Nexus so ymmv.

That clause sounds like a huge 'gotcha' that isn't even technologically sound. If people call in with an issue about data Airvoice can say 'you left your wifi on - we said not to in the TOS - you're out of luck.' I would leave this company asap if you are still with them.

Carrier(s)
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I would leave this company asap if you are still with them.
    I've been using AirVoice for about 8 months. I started with the $10 per month plan, then changed to the $35 plan. They've had a few issues with data which have been corrected, otherwise I'm very satisfied with the service.

As for the Terms of Service, if a customer purchases data and can't get it to work on their phone, AV won't give them a refund. However customer service will help them get it working. They sent me a text message when I started service that automatically set up the APNs on my phone.

If a customer uses data and doesn't get what they expect, download doesn't complete, they have problems, etc, etc, no refunds.

Lastly if they inadvertently use data when they though they were using WiFi, again, no refund. I've had that happen, but for only small amounts of data. On my phone, if WiFi is weak, it automatically switches over to cellular data. So I have to be careful when using apps that consume lots of data that I don't inadvertently use cellular. Also, some phone apps will use cellular even when WiFi is available. AirVoice's recommendation to avoid this problem is to disable cellular data usage. (This is exactly what I do.)

When a customer purchases data and uses it, its gone. If AirVoice gives a refund, then they likely eat all of the cost for that data. AT&T probably doesn't give AirVoice any refunds.

Prior to AV I had AT&T prepaid which was more expensive, and their policy was essentially the same. I'd expect almost any provider to have the same basic policy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast