Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Current Verizon user, has AT&T network improved?

Feedback Score

Current Verizon user, has AT&T network improved?

I am a current Verizon user for many years, and am considering moving to ATT. I currently have unlimited data, and of course Verizon screwed us all by promising us we would be grandfathered in for subsidized phones, but of course they changed their minds. So if I decide not to fork out $650 for an iphone 5 to keep my unlimited, I am considering giving my business to ATT since the tiered plans are pretty much the same.

I had ATT about 3 years ago on a 30 day trial, and I must say it was terrible(Atlanta). I dropped so many calls.

Verizon has been rock solid reliability in terms of coverage, etc. (I travel to North GA a lot).

So I am curious, has ATT coverage and reliability changed in the last 3 years?

Thank you.

Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    As a former Verizon user who left them to go to ATT and recently left them to got to T-Mobile's partnered MVNO Solavei VZW definitely is better than ATT. I don't know what it was like 3 years ago on ATT but ATT and TM seem about the same.

Manny

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Current Verizon user, has ATT network improved?

I can't speak for your local area, I only know the Western States. But if you travel, Verizon leads if you travel. It also depends on if its voice or data that most concerns you. Verizon has bought National Licenses for its data, where as att takes a more local response. This will change with the AWS licenses that are yet to be launched. Use the current feedback from users in your area. Your phone limitations should also be considered. It all depends on how you want to use your equipment, and where you wish to use it. The wireless world is an ever changing landscape.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score

Current Verizon user, has ATT network improved?

I can't speak for your region. For the last 2 years AT&T has gotten significantly better in my area, took a 360. Prior to that it wasn't good.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

It has improved drastically here. Most places around me it's on par with VZW.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    A
    Carrier(s)
    A
    Feedback Score
    You seem to be happy with VZW currently. You don't mind going to a tiered data plan on ATT.
    Then why not get a subsidized iPhone 5 through VZW and move to a tiered data plan as you would have by switching to ATT?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    You seem to be happy with VZW currently. You don't mind going to a tiered data plan on ATT.
    Then why not get a subsidized iPhone 5 through VZW and move to a tiered data plan as you would have by switching to ATT?
    The OP noted he wants to take his business elsewhere because....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher50267 View Post
    I can't speak for your region. For the last 2 years AT&T has gotten significantly better in my area, took a 360. Prior to that it wasn't good.

Yes I have heard ATT has gotten much better over the last couple of years, in terms of dropped calls, etc. I do wonder about rural coverage though, which Verizon seemed to excel at. Of course I realize all places vary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher50267 View Post
    The OP noted he wants to take his business elsewhere because....
    Correct sir. Because prior to purchasing the iphone I was on a flip phone. And when rumors circulated Verizon was putting an end to unlimited data but grandfathering people by so and so date, that is when I decided to jump on the smart phone and grab unlimited data. Of course I asked many verizon employees that could I still get my next phone subsidized, and they said sure. I dont blame them of course, they didnt know corporate was going to change their mind and screw everyone. So I am in a position where I use around 2-4gb a month. A couple of months I have used 10gb with G+ photo sync.

So I figured I would have to shell out for the 4GB plan for $110 on tiered plan if I want to get a $199 iphone 5. OF course to keep unlimited data on Verizon I would shell out $650. Again however, my current plan with unliimited data only costs $83, which I could drop to to $73 if i get rid of SMS and just keep 900min and unlimited data(which works for me). This difference would pay for the phone unsubsidized I suspect.

But getting back to the thread, should I decide I just want to go subsidized and go with a Tier, I really want to kick Verizon to the curb for their screwjob and try ATT---as Tiering is the same cost.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by planetx View Post
    Yes I have heard ATT has gotten much better over the last couple of years, in terms of dropped calls, etc. I do wonder about rural coverage though, which Verizon seemed to excel at. Of course I realize all places vary.
    That I can't answer. Maybe someone from N GA can chime in.

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in Midtown in Atlanta and am happy with AT&T service. I haven't had a dropped call in months and the LTE is super fast. I would give AT&T a shot with the 14 day return people and see if it meets your needs.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    A few years ago att really sucked but I find them to be similar to vz in most spots nowadays. For me att lte has been way more reliable. It used to be easy to justify vz prices and rules but nowadays there is competition so its hard to justify it at least to me.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

AT&T is pretty good where they have service, but if you do any traveling VZW rules the roost...just check out there LTE coverage already. I was in some small rural towns in the west over Christmas that were getting 30 to 40 down on LTE where AT&T had nothing. AT&T is my main line but I have a unlimited VZW line that I'll never let go

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Depends on the area. Georgia I would go with VZ.

Device(s)
    NOKIA Lumia 1520, NOKIA Lumia 920 (wife's phone, NOW)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    ... AT&T is my main line but I have a unlimited VZW line that I'll never let go
    Can't believe people are paying for 2 different carriers / lines of service - any special reason, WHY ?

My cellphone bill is too high (~ $185. month family plan) and I would love to reduce it, but maintain the level of service.
    informed/intelligent comments are welcome ... BS - not so much ...

peace,
    ROK

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast