Thread: Any details on Mobilicity's "similar to 50%" offer for existing customers?

Feedback Score

Any details on Mobilicity's "similar to 50%" offer for existing customers?

Any news yet on what the offer will be to existing customers as of January 10? The only thing I've heard so far is that it will be "similar" to 50% off (see below). Any word on what the "similar" plan will be? Or what the "plan change administration fee" will be?

"Dear ___,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding switching from your current rate plan to our 50% off promotional plan.

Our 50% off promotional plan is for new activations only. We will be offering a similar competitive offer in January for our existing customers, this will be available between Jan 10th - 17th. To get this offer you will need to be registered to automatic monthly payments and will be subject to a plan change administration fee. Full details will be available between those dates.

If you have any further questions, you may contact Customer care at 1-877-866-2458 or *611 from your handset between the hours of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Sincerely
    Julie
    Mobilicity eCARE
    Now that’s Smart"

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    I would imagine that would be 1/2 off a new plan for a year.

I bet the new plans would also include the limited data bucket.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Feedback Score

Re: Any details on Mobilicity's "similar to 50%" offer for existing customers?

They are copying Wind and charging an administration fee to switch plans. That is hardly a reward for existing customers. The best reward for all customers, existing and new, would be improvements to the network. It is evident from posts by people who have switched that within areas covered by both Mobilicity and Wind, Mobilicity is falling behind big time. Getting rid of data tiers would be a good start. Over committing on expansion would also be a good reward.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    They are copying Wind and charging an administration fee to switch plans. That is hardly a reward for existing customers. The best reward for all customers, existing and new, would be improvements to the network. It is evident from posts by people who have switched that within areas covered by both Mobilicity and Wind, Mobilicity is falling behind big time. Getting rid of data tiers would be a good start. Over committing on expansion would also be a good reward.

i thought mobilicity was all about no hidden fees?
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quickinferno View Post
    i thought mobilicity was all about no hidden fees?
    Who said it was hidden? They will inform you of the fee and then charge you the fee. See? Not hidden anymore!

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Maybe someone can answer this.

The promo plan $22.50. Does that require pre-payment of multiple months for SIM only activation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
    Maybe someone can answer this.

The promo plan $22.50. Does that require pre-payment of multiple months for SIM only activation?
    It requires you to go on pre authorized payments which will entitle you to a 22.5$ discount for 12 months.

Line 1: Wind50 for $45/M
    Line 2: Wish40 for $35/M
    Line 3: Wish40 for $35/M

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post

Totally agree.