Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1234

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinRabey View Post
    I'd say call in, ask them about their $60 for 6gb plan and then tell them you know someone with those add-ons and see they can give them to you. I would show you the plan but I had to cancel my koodo account...running the Fido data only plan... $15/3GB until I can afford to get the Rogers Unlimited Plan.
    And is this a BYOD plan?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Telus: Student 50 Plan MTM: - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Feedback Score
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I think I will stick with Telus for now. I pay $50 for 5GB.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    After 19 years, bye bye Telus. No interest in helping me out with a competitive plan. Had to buy a phone outright 3 years ago to preserve a 5gb plan, and now that I needed a new one, decided to check out the competition. So far, so good with Fido!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinears View Post
    After 19 years, bye bye Telus. No interest in helping me out with a competitive plan. Had to buy a phone outright 3 years ago to preserve a 5gb plan, and now that I needed a new one, decided to check out the competition. So far, so good with Fido!
    The big 3 don't give a **** about loyalty. I tried with my uncle that's been with them for 20 years and they tried offer something worse they already had...like seriously. Better off with an MNVO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    What did Fido offer you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    What did Fido offer you?
    This February 21 without any hassle at all from a kiosk at West Edmonton Mall: $85 for a large pulse plan, (3gb/month canada wide calling, etc. etc.) $5 for a 2GB data add-on, plus an additional 1GB bonus data, so a total of 6GB. Because my wife has a fido account, a 10% discount is applied, so looks like I'm paying $81 monthly for 6GB over two years. The phones I was interested in (LG V30 or Samsung S8) did not require an up front charge, so in comparison to buying one of these phones up front and staying with Telus at $60 monthly, I'm much further ahead. I will admit that speed tests show Telus LTE is faster than what I'm getting now, but I can tether and stream without issue through FIDO, and have the additional 5 hours of free data should the need arise. I realize that this is a standard package from FIDO, but I think it's funny Telus wouldn't come close to matching it.

Feedback Score

Telus lost.me after 15 years..

This February 21 without any hassle at all from a kiosk at West Edmonton Mall: $85 for a large pulse plan, (3gb/month canada wide calling, etc. etc.) $5 for a 2GB data add-on, plus an additional 1GB bonus data, so a total of 6GB. Because my wife has a fido account, a 10% discount is applied, so looks like I'm paying $81 monthly for 6GB over two years. The phones I was interested in (LG V30 or Samsung S8) did not require an up front charge, so in comparison to buying one of these phones up front and staying with Telus at $60 monthly, I'm much further ahead. I will admit that speed tests show Telus LTE is faster than what I'm getting now, but I can tether and stream without issue through FIDO, and have the additional 5 hours of free data should the need arise. I realize that this is a standard package from FIDO, but I think it's funny Telus wouldn't come close to matching it.
    Been with Telus for 15 years... Tried to get unlimited minutes added to my account as I moved from the GTA. Telus rep wanted $29 month extra just for this... After more than 15 months of negotiating I took the $60/10gigs with my wife's carrier as I got an additional 10% off a second line...

Telus then tried contacting me to find out what happened and if I'm willing to come back etc... They had 15+ months of info to find out why...

Feedback Score
    You just need to keep trying you can get plans still..

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 13”
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fawiek View Post
    Been with Telus for 15 years... Tried to get unlimited minutes added to my account as I moved from the GTA. Telus rep wanted $29 month extra just for this... After more than 15 months of negotiating I took the $60/10gigs with my wife's carrier as I got an additional 10% off a second line...

Telus then tried contacting me to find out what happened and if I'm willing to come back etc... They had 15+ months of info to find out why...
    Wait. We’re in 2018. Aren’t unlimited minutes a standard, nowadays?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 13”
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I’m having a VERY hard time getting a good deal with them on BYOD so I might just switch anyway to whatever plan and work my way to a better deal, from there. It should be easier!

Sent from my iPhone X on Fido’s network using HoFo Mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not if you're on a grandfathered plan. Many still on older plans with 5-6GB data and a couple hundred (or unlimited but local) minutes.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polkaroo View Post
    Not if you're on a grandfathered plan. Many still on older plans with 5-6GB data and a couple hundred (or unlimited but local) minutes.
    Whats the point...people have options with QC/MB/SK plans. I don't understand why people are paying arm and leg with "grandfathered" plans when all QC/MB/SK options offer Unlimited Canada-Wide calling / Text and 6+GB of data.

People need to start looking at alternative market plans instead of Loyalty department and carrier's are well aware of the options people have on the "Grey markets" and they are letting people jump through the hoops to get them rather than giving handing them out.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Whats the point...people have options with QC/MB/SK plans. I don't understand why people are paying arm and leg with "grandfathered" plans when all QC/MB/SK options offer Unlimited Canada-Wide calling / Text and 6+GB of data.

People need to start looking at alternative market plans instead of Loyalty department and carrier's are well aware of the options people have on the "Grey markets" and they are letting people jump through the hoops to get them rather than giving handing them out.
    Small correction. Only QC plans are available through Koodo. Just helped set it up for my brother's girlfriend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    I’m having a VERY hard time getting a good deal with them on BYOD so I might just switch anyway to whatever plan and work my way to a better deal, from there. It should be easier!
    Unfortunately that's about the only language carriers seem to understand these days. Best of luck in your hunt!

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast