Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3G finally coming... when Verizon just launched 4G

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

3G finally coming... when Verizon just launched 4G

Swainsboro, GA will finally get 3G coverage form AT&T. I've been complaining about the Edge only coverage for years (spotty coverage, slow data speeds, week signal, etc).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thats great I like to hear AT&T upgrading their EDGE areas. I was a AT&T customer during those days and it was not a great feeling to wonder when your call would be dropped. A word of advice when they first turn on 3G it will be quite messy for the first few months and maybe more and if they get overloaded it will turn off and go back to EDGE.(When they first turned 3G on here they stated that in the press release) Hopefully thats not the way they upgrade EGDE only areas now but when they did this in our region it was a large mess. Sometimes I wonder why they choose to let these areas be EDGE only for so long.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I hope that's not the case when new markets go live. The good thing is that I don't live there. I actually live in the Atlanta area but my parents live in Swainsboro. It's torture when I visit them! I go from LTE to Edge! UGH!!

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think VZ launching 4G really makes AT&T look bad in the areas that they still haven't upgraded to 3G. I sometimes wonder if AT&T was still the largest wireless provider by far and no one could compete against it for nationwide coverage if AT&T would have a larger EDGE only area than what exists today? I think competition is a good thing for everyone no matter what carrier you choose. I remember being in the same situation back in 2009, its no fun having to be on EDGE.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d2000one View Post
    Swainsboro, GA will finally get 3G coverage form AT&T. I've been complaining about the Edge only coverage for years (spotty coverage, slow data speeds, week signal, etc).
    Good for you, enjoy the upgrade! Now that they have upgraded to 3G, if they have the backhaul available, it's just an easy upgrade to "4G". Since Verizon already has LTE available and will have their entire service area covered with it by the middle of the year, check them out as an alternative while you're waiting for AT&T to do the rest of their upgrade steps. It may be a couple more years before AT&T gets around to giving you LTE.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

If I can get 4G I'd be ok without LTE while visiting my parents. That dang Edge is downright awful!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would take that time frame with a grain of salt. It has been 186 days and counting since I have received my own MTS notification for 3G expansion in my area. (See previous posts)

I have a similar situation. When I visit my town, I return to EDGE on AT&T while Verizon has LTE coverage in certain parts of the town from the nearby city.
    iPhone 5 on AT&T 4G LTE:

Texas Tech University:

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I can relate. I live in Atlanta too and AT&T is great here. When I go home for breaks (New Market, AL) I get no service while Verizon has LTE.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bteague13 View Post
    I can relate. I live in Atlanta too and AT&T is great here. When I go home for breaks (New Market, AL) I get no service while Verizon has LTE.
    Really AT&T has no service outside Huntsville AL? Wow did not know that was a issue. Its quite fast on those cell sites near that area too. I have been told Verizon is much better in ALA than AT&T, but having little coverage outside a city that has a pop of near 200K is not good.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

That's great your getting an upgrade!
    I live in Southeast Kansas and we got ours around a month ago. It was the smoothest transition out there. It lit up and never turned off. I streamed music that day in a Tin shop building and that thing streamed music like no other. Enjoy!
    I know I am.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is rebuilding their entire hulk of a network. I'm seeing places where work needs to be done around me and I also see the end result in places like St. Louis where LTE gets 50 Mbps +.

I live in a town with spotty EDGE and HSPA+ depending on where you go. Fortunately that's ending with the ATNI purchase down here. Georgia's coverage will also be greatly boosted once AT&T integrates it, Georgia also has lots of rural areas that will improve coverage wise with the ATNI purchase.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: 3G finally coming... when Verizon just launched 4G

This is exactly the reason I left at&t a few years ago. No 3g and edge was slow as could be. Couldn't be happier with Verizon! Would never have at&t again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by speed4tu View Post
    This is exactly the reason I left at&t a few years ago. No 3g and edge was slow as could be. Couldn't be happier with Verizon! Would never have at&t again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm crusing along on Verizon...with EDGE speeds on 3G. Verizon is finally staring to lay fiber for LTE here. So there's that.

Moral of the story is be careful what you wish for.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    I'm crusing along on Verizon...with EDGE speeds on 3G. Verizon is finally staring to lay fiber for LTE here. So there's that.

Moral of the story is be careful what you wish for.
    Sucks to be you. LOL Finally I get to brag about something! LOL Just took this screenshot, normal everyday statistics, Verizon customer in Pioneer Cellular (LTE in Rural America partner) area, using microwave back-haul from the local tower to a hub site with fiber to it. LTE 10 miles away and coming soon. AT&T only offers 2G/EDGE here, max 100 Kbps. AT&T 3G/"4G" available 37 miles away, AT&T LTE available 100 miles away.

Attachment 89301

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I should be heading back to Swainsboro for Easter. That should be beyond the 60 - 90 days that AT&T says they will have 3G up and running. I will report back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast