Thread: Can I do this on Jelly Bean?

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can I do this on Jelly Bean?

My iPhone4 is eligible for an upgrade and I've been considering the RAZR M but want to know if Android (Jelly Beam specifically) has a couple features that I use quite a bit:

1. Control music playback and volume from lock screen?
    2. Jump to Top (or Bottom) with a tap? (in email, browser, etc.)
    3. Launch Camera without unlocking?
    4. Shortcut typing - for example, if I type @@ I can get it to autofill my email address?

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Droid X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From my experience:
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Yes, but I believe only if you don't have have a lock on the phone to begin with, so only leaving the swipe screen, you have the option of selecting to unlock, camera, and 2 other choices for quick access. Personally I always lock my phone with a pattern so this is no good for me. I just miss dedicated camera buttons on phones.
    4.It has shortcuts for things like you said. If I'm on my gmail application, I can just type a friends name, or even just the first letter or two, and it will pop up with whichever possible recipients I may want.

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do you do #2? Where do you tap? On iPhone, you can tap the status bar (clock) and it jumps to the top. How do you do it in Android?

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't believe the stock Android browser or Chrome will do this - but for sure Dolphin can, it's in the gesture settings.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to describe two of the iOS features blipszyc mentions in more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by SSkull View Post
    4.It has shortcuts for things like you said. If I'm on my gmail application, I can just type a friends name, or even just the first letter or two, and it will pop up with whichever possible recipients I may want.
    Blipszyc is talking about an OS level feature that's part of the autocorrect system. In the keyboard settings, users can create their own custom shortcuts, so that when they type a few characters that they specified and then press space, it expands to something longer or more difficult to type. For example, the user can set "omw" to expand to "On my way." Because this is at the operating system level, it applies to all applications that present a keyboard.
    Name:  A_to_J.png
Views: 157
Size:  35.6 KBName:  L_to_R.png
Views: 141
Size:  38.3 KBName:  R_to_W.png
Views: 164
Size:  29.0 KB

Also, your answers based on your Razr Maxx phone correct? If you're basing them on your Galaxy S3 for example, Touchwiz might be different than Motoblur on these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G View Post
    I don't believe the stock Android browser or Chrome will do this - but for sure Dolphin can, it's in the gesture settings.
    In iOS, it's an OS level feature so it applies to all applications that don't hide the status bar.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation XE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post
    My iPhone4 is eligible for an upgrade and I've been considering the RAZR M but want to know if Android (Jelly Beam specifically) has a couple features that I use quite a bit:

1. Control music playback and volume from lock screen?
    2. Jump to Top (or Bottom) with a tap? (in email, browser, etc.)
    3. Launch Camera without unlocking?
    4. Shortcut typing - for example, if I type @@ I can get it to autofill my email address?

Thanks in advance.
    Not only Motorola..but all the android making companies have put these features..in their respective handsets...