Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: It's time to leave Mobi

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    moving to wind will bring another benefit of using your mobi device.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    moving to wind will bring another benefit of using your mobi device.
    To be honest, its not worth it. Tried both. Its like 2 sides of the same coin. Save yourself some frustration and go for the $56 plans. Life is too short to search for cellphone signals in 2012.

Feedback Score
    ^ I think you meant 2013

As far as I know as the $56 plan from Fido, Koodo & Virgin are gone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    xtachx, a big issue with your [and a few other members'] critique is the mere fact that you guys make this broad generalizations.

ie. "WIND is going to be no different than Mobi" and vice versa in case of some WIND advocates. The issue here is, that's not going to be the situation for everyone. Maybe you guys shouldn't speak with such authority as if you're aware of the ins and outs of both network in their entirety.

I use WIND Mobile in Toronto - all over Toronto - and have recently travelled to the border and there was no "searching" for network; I have service at home and at school..the list goes on.

My point is that there are few certain things: ie "WIND has a larger network than Mobilicity" or "TELUS/Bell/Rogers generally have a stronger and larger network than WIND/Mobilicity." These things are certain. What is definitely not certain is that one's experience with WIND will be the same as their experience with Mobilcity or vice versa in the sense that they must "search" for signal.

Sorry it didn't work for you, but it's working - in the case of WIND - for over other 560, 000 Canadians.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by green1074 View Post
    xtachx, a big issue with your [and a few other members'] critique is the mere fact that you guys make this broad generalizations. Sorry it didn't work for you, but it's working - in the case of WIND - for over other 560, 000 Canadians.
    Correction. Wind's subscriber numbers make the generalization. Wind covers about 15+-4 million canadians. Their sub numbers are less than 8 times the margin of error. This is not very good. This means an insignificant number of users are wind customers. Out of them you cant expect 100% to be happy so the number drops.

Secondly, this is a forum. What is wrong about telling people about my observation and opinion? I am not asking for a peer reviewed article on why you should and should not join wind.

Feedback Score

Re: It's time to leave Mobi

@green1074, xtachx has a point. The mere fact that wind claims such a large coverage area and yet had such a tiny number of customers arguably points to the conclusion that they suck even more than Mobilicity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    @green1074, xtachx has a point. The mere fact that wind claims such a large coverage area and yet had such a tiny number of customers arguably points to the conclusion that they suck even more than Mobilicity.

@ you all. Ottawa opinion here:

Mobilicity sucks in terms of coverage, penetration, and data reliability. However, between Mobilicity and WIND, Mobilicity is the choice of provider because WIND sucks more.

Almost jumped on the $56 plans... but didn't yet because I purely wasn't ready to pay that much... the only thing that Mobilicity has me on is price, and even that, they are losing their grip...
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post

So you expect a large amount of consumers to jump ship to a relatively new company just because they cover X amount of people? Uh, no. Other factors come into place when considering how many subs they have and not..not just the mere fact that they cover X amount of people. This world isn't that simplistic. Thank God.

Feedback Score
    Yep it's time to go.

Going to activate a new line with Virgin and port over my number once I get on the Tbay50 plan (google "virgin $50 thunderbay" long thread on RFD about it)

Losing North American LD + "unlimited data" when I get 6GB of usable data + reception everywhere for only $8 more monthly is a no brainer for me.
    Bringing my T999V over, no LTE, but I will be happy with having 3G that actually works.

Mobilicity it's been nice knowing you, but my patience has worn thin with you.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Humza View Post
    So you expect a large amount of consumers to jump ship to a relatively new company just because they cover X amount of people? Uh, no. Other factors come into place when considering how many subs they have and not..not just the mere fact that they cover X amount of people. This world isn't that simplistic. Thank God.
    Not saying human beings are simplistic at all. I am suggesting that everything else being equal, the number of subs should be proportional to carrier coverage. On that basis, I was simply suggesting that Mobilicity is more successful than wind. It is not flattering to be compared to the worst even if you win the comparison.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    You know...this whole attempt to draw a correlation between percentage of population covered and customer base would make sense if Mobilicity was significantly behind WIND in terms of "Population" covered. They're not.

Yet, they are significantly behind WIND in terms of the amount of clients they have. How can you then draw a conclusion that Mobilicity is doing better than WIND?

LOL. You guys are seriously blinded by bias. Crazy.

Carrier(s)
    Wind is blowing me away!
    Feedback Score

Regardless of what advertising or reps say, Wind is leaps and bounds better than Mobi for me in Vancouver.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using HowardForums
    "Studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time."
    Wind $30/Month UNLIMITED plan

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have / had both for a while, although I don't use the Mobi lines much (should say "didn't"). At least in Vancouver and Richmond, WIND is better than Mobi in both voice coverage, and data speed. Has been for the last 1 year + I have been testing both. Yes, this is my own opinion.

There was only one spot that Mobi has coverage and not WIND, and that is the west Richmond dyke area on River Road (north of Steveston, on the water edge). Otherwise, WIND wins elsewhere. (BUT WIND is very weak at my residence, centre of Richmond, but Rogers is same anyway, ironically other providers and Mobi are strong).

WIND is not perfect but I tolerate it for the price. Mobi is harder to tolerate and I might (hard to say) tolerate if WIND doesn't exist, or I would go back to the big 3. But my choice would not be Fido or Bell b/c of poor customer service. And so in principal, I should also check off Rogers and Chatr too. So that would remain Telus and Koodo. But I had some attitude problem from Telus before I left them in 2000. So you see, nobody is perfect, you pick the least evil and the one you can afford.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    In my experience Wind is worse. But neither are good anyway. If it weren't for the price, I'd be long gone from both.
    Formerly FidoFan

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Amen. Go for the Fido $56 plan. It includes everything + 2GB of LTE data. Get the Moto Razor or the iphone and call it a day.
    Whatever you do don't go with Fido! their customer service sucks worst then Wind and their reception is sub par.
    your obvious choice as others said is to try Wind first especially with the $29- and next i would go for Thunder bay Bell plan or Koodo or Virigin.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast