Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Ruining Surprises

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Blackberry Ruining Surprises

I don't understand RIM.
    All I've seen on social media and ads are what the new Blackberry 10 smartphones can do. Why don't they keep things like the timeshift camera (which is an AWESOME idea) quiet and when they release it spend hours showing everyone all the features which in turn makes everyone go WOWWEEE!

By the time that Blackberry brings this phone out everyone is going to know its specs and what it looks like. Apple, especially with the iPhone 4 had that wow factor when they showed off the new flat phone. Now the majority of the masses have either a 4 or 4S.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    RIM isn't Apple. Apple can keep it all hush hush until the last minute and get away with it because they already have a loyal legion of followers who will buy it anyways. Once the rumors start flying for the next iProduct, people are already lined up to buy it. RIM OTOH, needs to slowly build up the momentum because they haven't released anything worthwhile or significant and people thinking about leaving want to know more of what RIM has in store for their next product.

What RIM really needs to do is put their products in the spotlight at a time their market share vis Andriod and Apple is sliding, not keep their products in the dark leaving people to guess what their plans are. After keeping BB fans in a state of confusion about it's viability, I think RIM really needs to start doing things to generate the buzz over BBOSX.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You've seen about 40% of what the OS can do, RIM have plenty of tricks to pull out of the bag yet. Don't forget, BB10 is such an efficient performer that the hardware almost becomes moot. Specs can be modest and the performance still excel, it's all about the software.
    Last edited by Mann Incognito; 01-22-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Currently Nokia 8800 SE and LG KE970(Shine)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    It's called creating anticipation. RIM stocks have already shot up in sheer anticipation and they are doing exactly that.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    You've seen about 40% of what the OS can do, RIM have plenty of tricks to pull out of the bag yet. Don't forget, BB10 is such an efficient performer that the hardware almost becomes moot. Specs can be modest and the performance still excel, it's all about the software.
    How do you know? Do you have a Blackberry running OS 10?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    How do you know? Do you have a Blackberry running OS 10?
    I have a Dev Alpha unit running a version of the OS.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you have a unit and know the other 60%, there are others in the same boat. If there was more, people would be dumping this info in exchange for page views.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xero9 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you have a unit and know the other 60%, there are others in the same boat. If there was more, people would be dumping this info in exchange for page views.
    I don't know the other 60%, pretty much no-one outside of RIM does. That was the number quoted to me by a RIM rep; the OS on Dev Alphas and evaluation units represents about 40% of the full OS.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    And, I'll bet those that have the full monty, there's an NDA to go along with it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    And, I'll bet those that have the full monty, there's an NDA to go along with it.
    Absolutely there is. RIM has done an absolutely amazing job of managing information and what leaks and what doesn't. I don't know who they've got in K/W right now handling this sort of thing but they've got to be geniuses!

Feedback Score

Re: Blackberry Ruining Surprises

Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Yup :-)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    what applications are you running?
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Poulson View Post
    I don't understand RIM.
    All I've seen on social media and ads are what the new Blackberry 10 smartphones can do. Why don't they keep things like the timeshift camera (which is an AWESOME idea) quiet and when they release it spend hours showing everyone all the features which in turn makes everyone go WOWWEEE!

By the time that Blackberry brings this phone out everyone is going to know its specs and what it looks like. Apple, especially with the iPhone 4 had that wow factor when they showed off the new flat phone. Now the majority of the masses have either a 4 or 4S.
    Ha! Apple hasn't had a "wow factor" since the release of the first iPhone! They've all been the same! Oh, wait...I guess there was copy & paste.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Blackberry Ruining Surprises

Quote Originally Posted by mick662 View Post
    Ha! Apple hasn't had a "wow factor" since the release of the first iPhone! They've all been the same! Oh, wait...I guess there was copy & paste.
    The first iPhone didn't have third party apps, multitasking, folders, notification center, iMessage, FaceTime, MMS, push notifications, and a host of other features. Now, you could certainly point out that the BB OS already had most of those features or equivalents
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    The first iPhone didn't have third party apps, multitasking, folders, notification center, iMessage, FaceTime, MMS, push notifications, and a host of other features. Now, you could certainly point out that the BB OS already had most of those features or equivalents
    BB may have had some of those features, but they certainly were lacking. Choice of 3rd party apps is embarrassing. Also, depending on which phone you actually own they may or may not work. iMessage has extended past just phones. Works great across multiple devices. MMS, sure, will give you that one. Good luck changing your MMS settings if you change providers though.

Say what you will about iPhone, but had it not been released, you wouldn't be looking forward to BB10 in the coming weeks. It was the kick in the pants for them to finally do something about their stale OS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast