Thread: Test Device esn that represents a tablet?

Feedback Score

Test Device esn that represents a tablet?

I'm wondering if some kind fo test device exists that instead of representing a basic phone (cost $30 on share everything plan) there was some esn that represented a tablet so it only cost $10. Anyone?

Feedback Score

Test Device esn that represents a tablet?

Not that I know of... Probably for that reason. Would be nice though. Having said that I think you can put a SIM card and any tablet esn on a line, even of the tablet is currently active on another line. So just write down the esn of one and keep it. They system doesn't care about the esn because the sim is what actually activates and it will suffice to make it $10. You'll notice after we put the information in in the system if you go to service tab it only shows the SIM card anyway. Esn does show in history for upgrade or new line and would cause issues in those scenarios but for esn changes this should work.

Feedback Score
    I think I might try that. Wouldn't I get a device validation error though?

Feedback Score
    I don't believe 4G device give the validation error. Must be something to do with the SIM card being what is actually "activated" and tied to the account. I think the device ID is only entered for tracking purposes such as the correct features, correct device and amount for Share Everything, correct payout based on device type, and for rebates so device is listed on customer agreement. Not sure it really does much in the actual system.

Feedback Score
    Problem is, if customer disputes it they win.

If Customer states they have no idea what is going on and they never received a tablet, Verizon rep on the other line
    can and will say its fraud. Sale is "ONLY" finalize if customer takes ownership of equipment. If not,

Then your eating the phone you gave them for a ghost line, plus any montly charges that may have acquired on the line.

But I give you 3 points for thinking outside the box.

Sounds like a decent concept if you can trust the customer not to screw you later.

Device(s)
    Droid DNA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chong Lee View Post
    Problem is, if customer disputes it they win.

If Customer states they have no idea what is going on and they never received a tablet, Verizon rep on the other line
    can and will say its fraud. Sale is "ONLY" finalize if customer takes ownership of equipment. If not,

Then your eating the phone you gave them for a ghost line, plus any montly charges that may have acquired on the line.

But I give you 3 points for thinking outside the box.

Sounds like a decent concept if you can trust the customer not to screw you later.
    Why would the customer screw you though? You'd be saving them $20 a month this way. I'm assuming this is for the good ol' add a line when phone is broken and no insurance no upgrade?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The normal test device ESN that we always use at the store is now coming up as a $10 tablet line on Share Everything plans now.

Feedback Score
    Would you be able to post or pm me the esn that you use?? Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was able to activate a tablet plan using an iPad, but the management outside of the iPad sucks, there's no website like AT&T has where you can see data usage or expire dates.

Oh and BTW you NEED the iPad to set up the account since the website used is hidden very well by VZW, so just an IMEI won't help...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    The normal test device ESN that we always use at the store is now coming up as a $10 tablet line on Share Everything plans now.

I spoke too soon. Have used it several times in the past couple of days and it was a mixed bag. Couple of accounts it changed it to a $10 tablet line, others it left plan the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    I spoke too soon. Have used it several times in the past couple of days and it was a mixed bag. Couple of accounts it changed it to a $10 tablet line, others it left plan the same.
    Yeah its always stayed the same for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HoFo mobile app