Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AT&T in Southern Wisconsin

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    Looks like that coverage is back. AT&T's website says they are planning on doing most of their upgrades in that area in the second half of 2014. They have to transition the CDMA network to GSM first and move all of Element's customers over to AT&T.

http://www.att.com/att/element/

Looks like AT&T updated their coverage maps in southern WI to show solid coverage between I-39 and US-41 (soon to be I-41) and along I-94 from Wisconsin Dells to Eau Claire. Interestingly, it appears they haven't built any new towers in the area, but have just expanded their maps to show "Moderate" coverage in all the areas. I would doubt that these areas actually have coverage, since I doubt coverage stretches dozens of miles from a cell site.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 8.12.56 PM.png
Views: 488
Size:  372.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IagoParrot View Post
    Looks like AT&T updated their coverage maps in southern WI to show solid coverage between I-39 and US-41 (soon to be I-41) and along I-94 from Wisconsin Dells to Eau Claire. Interestingly, it appears they haven't built any new towers in the area, but have just expanded their maps to show "Moderate" coverage in all the areas. I would doubt that these areas actually have coverage, since I doubt coverage stretches dozens of miles from a cell site.
    Right, they just expanded their "Moderate" area everywhere for whatever reason. Just to make their maps more misleading probably. It's always best to treat anything listed as "Moderate" as no service on AT&T's maps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I drove this stretch today. I had a full edge signal for this entire stretch for the most part. If the light orange yellow is suppose to be 3G I didn't see it. It is quite disappointing as my wife's work iPhone shows verizon LTE the entire trip.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanp22 View Post
    I drove this stretch today. I had a full edge signal for this entire stretch for the most part. If the light orange yellow is suppose to be 3G I didn't see it. It is quite disappointing as my wife's work iPhone shows verizon LTE the entire trip.
    Was the EDGE signal you were getting native or roaming?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure. How would I check?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure. How would I check?
    On an Android it's under settings-about-status

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an iphone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an iphone
    I don't know for sure on iOS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IagoParrot View Post
    Was the EDGE signal you were getting native or roaming?

It would be roaming. AT&T has no towers in that area yet. They haven't put up a whole lot of new towers in this area yet, they just changed the coverage maps slightly. Not sure why.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I came across this story the other day. Apparently US Cellular is "buying out" Airfire Mobile (I use quotation marks because Airfire was already owned by TDS, parent of USCC). I wonder if this will kick AT&T into gear in Wisconsin, since they'll be losing a roaming partner. http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ell/2014-05-30

Another story I noticed recently involves AT&T bringing a new, high density Wi-Fi network to Camp Randall (home of the Wisconsin Badgers). http://www.uwbadgers.com/genrel/060314aab.html

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well I saw that AT&T finally has LTE coverage in the Dells based on their coverage maps. Sure do wish they would go down Hwy 12 and provide native coverage to Baraboo and Sauk City.

Anyone look at their coverage maps recently? They sure are trying to overestimate on their coverage more and more each week it seems. Baraboo and Sauk City both have 4G now? I don't think so. You can't even get a native signal most of the time. Voice coverage out to the Reedsburg area? Nope, dream on.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uecker87 View Post
    Well I saw that AT&T finally has LTE coverage in the Dells based on their coverage maps. Sure do wish they would go down Hwy 12 and provide native coverage to Baraboo and Sauk City.

Anyone look at their coverage maps recently? They sure are trying to overestimate on their coverage more and more each week it seems. Baraboo and Sauk City both have 4G now? I don't think so. You can't even get a native signal most of the time. Voice coverage out to the Reedsburg area? Nope, dream on.
    What surprised me is that they haven't fired up the last 2-3 towers in Portage and along I-90 to give full LTE all the way to Madison. And yeah, their maps are so overstated it's not funny. There's no way that Mauston tower covers a range of almost 20 miles (or whatever the actual distance is)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When I took a trip from Minneapolis to the Dells in february...it was a nightmare on at&t. I had solid 3-5 bars LTE until about 1/3 of the way there where it said "4G" and it wasn't even hspa+, just plain old 3G. then it dropped to Edge a little while after that then it was solid no data coverage and sometimes no signal at all until about 30 miles from the dells. my brothers are there right now, I'll have to ask them what it's like.

via the HoFo App

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    So Dells has LTE now? I am about to pull the trigger on Cricket but stuff like this worries me as Cricket doesn't allow roaming, so I don't want to find out that when we go to Wisconsin I get no native coverage. I have noticed in the past at the Dells the coverage was pretty weak, usually 1 bar or so. Maybe that has changed to LTE now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The dells does have lte. I was in the dells two weeks ago. Basically after Eau Claire I had edge at best until I got pretty close to the dells. Then after that I had a 4G or Lte signal the rest of the way to madison I believe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast