Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AT&T in Southern Wisconsin

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T in Southern Wisconsin

Does AT&T have any plans to expand their native coverage and upgrade the EDGE sites to 3G or HSPA+? They seem to be lacking in coverage lately. In fact, the maps haven't really changed in my area since I switched to U.S. Cellular in 2010.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Well, there's the rumored buyout of USCC floating around in rumor. Otherwise, that's a hard row to hoe for them with no 850 spectrum in most of Southern Wisconsin. I'd stick with USCC or Verizon for Southern Wisconsin.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I think the service near platteville is getting worse. Have dead spots all over now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to reincarnate such an old thread, but with rumors of U.S. Cellular forcing two year contracts and removing belief points, we are looking very hard at switching back to AT&T. I see they have added plenty of new Faux-G coverage, but it literally stops at the property before me. Can anyone tell me what the future looks like for Dane/Dodge/Columbia/Sauk Counties, coverage-wise?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think in madison it's fine. Beyond Madison it's not existent for 3G and lte.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    FYI lack of cellular spectrum is not a good excuse, VZWs 1x and EVDO network in Wisconsin is entirely PCS in that area and is pretty good.

They have cellular in Grant and Iowa counties (i.e. Dubuque to Dane county line along 151) from Alltel (which, I must say, is unfortunate at best off 151.)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do they have any 1900 or 850 in south western wi by platteville?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I took a chance today and got an HTC One VX on the $40 GoPhone plan. So far coverage on the east side/Sun Prairie area looks decent, and it works well until about a mile from my house. Right now I flip between no service and EDGE, but I have WiFi so I'm not concerned about data. I am debating whether or not to keep it, since I'll be moving in a few months, but a few months is a looooong time to wait

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanp22 View Post
    Do they have any 1900 or 850 in south western wi by platteville?
    I forgot to reply! No, IWireless extends a little past Dubuque into Wisconsin. And AT&T's Madison license extens a little past Madison (to the county line I suppose.) In between, Bug Tussel Wireless roaming (or, mostly, no service), AT&T has no 1900 or 850.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just a little update: I drove through Sauk, Richland, and Columbia Counties today, and was rather disappointed with the lack of coverage. West of Portage and Lodi I had no service through Richland Center, Sextonville, Baraboo, and Reedsburg. I mapped some via Sensorly, and will do more when I go into Madison on Monday.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We can only hope for aT&t eventually deploying lte or buying us cell and converting to hspa.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks like AT&T has been doing a little work in the area. The coverage map shows a new 3G tower in I90-94 in Mauston where there was previously only roaming coverage.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IagoParrot View Post
    It looks like AT&T has been doing a little work in the area. The coverage map shows a new 3G tower in I90-94 in Mauston where there was previously only roaming coverage.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Happy New Year everyone! It looks like this tower I mentioned is running 3G and LTE, and there is a ton of new LTE along I-39 from Portage to Stevens Point. It looks like AT&T is stepping up their game in Marquette/Green Lake/Waushara Counties with the purchase of Element Mobile. I was browsing around on Antennasearch . com today and noticed plenty of new antenna and tower requests from AT&T (well, technically Lake Mobility, the name of the new company formed between AT&T and Element in WI RSA#7), specifically along I-39 and I noticed a few in areas that are currently all roaming such as Markesan and Montello. There may be hope yet!
    Last edited by IagoParrot; 01-01-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Happy New Year everyone! It looks like this tower I mentioned is running 3G and LTE, and there is a ton of new LTE along I-39 from Portage to Stevens Point. It looks like AT&T is stepping up their game in Marquette/Green Lake/Waushara Counties with the purchase of Element Mobile. I was browsing around on Antennasearch . com today and noticed plenty of new antenna and tower requests from AT&T (well, technically Lake Mobility, the name of the new company formed between AT&T and Element in WI RSA#7), specifically along I-39 and I noticed a few in areas that are currently all roaming such as Markesan and Montello. There may be hope yet!
    After their last map update AT&T removed 4G from the I39 corridor. Today it looks like they removed all native coverage and switched it all back to roaming?!?!?! Maybe this has something to do with the whole Element Mobile acquisition and transition, but it's really odd to remove coverage from the map (or so it seems to me).

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    After their last map update AT&T removed 4G from the I39 corridor. Today it looks like they removed all native coverage and switched it all back to roaming?!?!?! Maybe this has something to do with the whole Element Mobile acquisition and transition, but it's really odd to remove coverage from the map (or so it seems to me).

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
    Looks like that coverage is back. AT&T's website says they are planning on doing most of their upgrades in that area in the second half of 2014. They have to transition the CDMA network to GSM first and move all of Element's customers over to AT&T.

http://www.att.com/att/element/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast