Thread: LG Motion Software Update

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

LG Motion Software Update

I went ahead and updated my LG Motion to the new firmware/baseband and latest version of Android 4.04. I was wondering what this update will do in terms of the firmware and software? Has the firmware/baseband been upgraded so I can use the GSM side of the phone, so it will work with the new T-Mobile/MetroPCS service on VOLTE.

Any insight as to what the upgrade will do to improve my phone would be most appreciative. Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager R450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, I too would like to know exactly what these updates entail/do before downloading. The last kept popping up over and over again, no matter if I hit "Later" or "Cancel." There was not much to go by after weeks of searching on the Internet (as far as concrete info), and I got so tired of seeing the DL and having to clear it that I finally caved in and downloaded after a month.

Tina

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I downloaded it without looking into it hoping it would be an update to jellybean. It wasn't and I haven't noticed any differences at all.

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager R450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My opinion? Do not update. My battery life decreases rapidly now (I am speaking between 5-10 percent in battery life while simply using IG or Chrome for less than 10 minutes). However, I initially read that it increased some other owners.

Tina

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Tina -suggest you go to

Developer Options
    Limit Background Processes

Select 4 background processes

You will need to do this each time you turn off phone as it resets to "standard limit ".

But this will give you more battery life and does not seem to affect functions or speed.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G LTE Global, LG Motion (as MP3/audiobook player)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Re: LG Motion Software Update

Quote Originally Posted by travelplus View Post
    I went ahead and updated my LG Motion to the new firmware/baseband and latest version of Android 4.04. I was wondering what this update will do in terms of the firmware and software? Has the firmware/baseband been upgraded so I can use the GSM side of the phone, so it will work with the new T-Mobile/MetroPCS service on VOLTE.

Any insight as to what the upgrade will do to improve my phone would be most appreciative. Thanks
    One thing I seem to remember is 4.04 is the Mendoza-Line in ICS where Flash is no longer officially supported. You will need to sideload it or d/l from an alternate source. Ideally you want to install Flash 11.whateverthelastversion was prior to performing the 4.04 update and it will keep running afterward. Any other Flash related apps you want should be installed prior as well. Hate it or not, Flash still is very relevant to a great many of us.

I don't remember everything but that when my TF300t tablet updated to 4.04...there were a few other items but nothing huge stands out...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2