Thread: "Call Failed" in middle of call

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

"Call Failed" in middle of call

For the last couple months I've noticed that sometimes in the middle of a call, the call will disconnect by itself and my BlackBerry 9780 gives the "Call Failed" error.

A while back, this happened to me 5 or 6 times during a single 20 minute call. It was brutal having to constantly call back and continue the conversation. Thank god it was my buddy, otherwise that would have been extremely embarrassing. This was in a low coverage area (1 or 2 bars only) and even though the call quality was fine, I thought the weak signal contributed to the problem.

However, this happened to me last night with full bars. Call just quits like 30 seconds in, and "Call Failed" is displayed.

Any of you have this problem as well? Or know of a solution?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeRunz View Post
    For the last couple months I've noticed that sometimes in the middle of a call, the call will disconnect by itself and my BlackBerry 9780 gives the "Call Failed" error.

A while back, this happened to me 5 or 6 times during a single 20 minute call. It was brutal having to constantly call back and continue the conversation. Thank god it was my buddy, otherwise that would have been extremely embarrassing. This was in a low coverage area (1 or 2 bars only) and even though the call quality was fine, I thought the weak signal contributed to the problem.

However, this happened to me last night with full bars. Call just quits like 30 seconds in, and "Call Failed" is displayed.

did you report your problem to mobilicity so they can try to fix it?

http://mobilicity.ca/support/report-a-network-issue/
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quickinferno View Post
    did you report your problem to mobilicity so they can try to fix it?

http://mobilicity.ca/support/report-a-network-issue/
    I called in this morning and reported the issue. But good idea, might as well!

Feedback Score

Re: "Call Failed" in middle of call

I started getting dropped calls recently also, one last week and most recently yesterday. It was not a reception issue. It reminds me of how wind drops your call if it approaches the 2 hour mark.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeRunz View Post

Good afternoon,

it looks like you may be having some service delivery issues.

If you're already contacted your provider and are unable to come to a reasonable resolution about your concerns, you may wish to file a complaint with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS).

We're an independent organization that works with you and your participating Canadian service provider to resolve complaints.

Visit http://ccts-cprst.ca for more information, and to submit your complaint.
    Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services
    Commissaire aux plaintes relatives aux services de télécommunications

1-888-221-1687
    http://ccts-cprst.ca
    Privacy policy - Politique de confidentialité

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

Re: "Call Failed" in middle of call

This was one of the reasons (albeit not the main one) that I switched back to Wind.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.