Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: random car comparison thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

random car comparison thread

I wouldn't mind a new Chevy SS with LTE built in, but it'll take some convincing to get me out of my subaru .

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The writer was comparing Chrysler to General Motors.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I still would never buy another GM product again, including LTE or not. After those last two i bought back in 08/09 and they treated me like a criminal when the drive tran messed up on the Impala and the block cracked on my Traverse within a year. Back to Ford i went where i got 270k miles on my explorer before it finally started to have issues, now onto my Fusion that's got 132k on it and still going strong as the day i rolled it off the lot with 27k on it.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I still would never buy another GM product again, including LTE or not. After those last two i bought back in 08/09 and they treated me like a criminal when the drive tran messed up on the Impala and the block cracked on my Traverse within a year. Back to Ford i went where i got 270k miles on my explorer before it finally started to have issues, now onto my Fusion that's got 132k on it and still going strong as the day i rolled it off the lot with 27k on it.
    Yup. I hate to say it, but I am done with American cars for now. We do a lot of things right, but making cars doesn't seem to be one of them. I have had an 00 Grand Cherokee, 05 Grand Cherokee, and an 04 GMC Envoy...all had serious issues around 100k. My parents have sworn by Lexus for years because they have had a total of -0- problems out of every single one of them. I just bought an 08 GS350 AWD and couldn't be happier.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post
    Yup. I hate to say it, but I am done with American cars for now. We do a lot of things right, but making cars doesn't seem to be one of them. I have had an 00 Grand Cherokee, 05 Grand Cherokee, and an 04 GMC Envoy...all had serious issues around 100k. My parents have sworn by Lexus for years because they have had a total of -0- problems out of every single one of them. I just bought an 08 GS350 AWD and couldn't be happier.
    Exactly. I would go Mercedes C-Class myself after my Camry bites the bullet in another 150k (it's at 260,000 now). I don't need that big of a car.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Exactly. I would go Mercedes C-Class myself after my Camry bites the bullet in another 150k (it's at 260,000 now). I don't need that big of a car.
    My roomie has a 3-series BMW and it's been really solid, i checked one out the other day, i am just too cheap to drop that much on a car haha, Although when the one i have finally gives out i'll most likely get a beamer since he's on 290k and still has not done any major maintenance to it other than oil changes and fluid changes, he swears by his.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My roomie has a 3-series BMW and it's been really solid, i checked one out the other day, i am just too cheap to drop that much on a car haha, Although when the one i have finally gives out i'll most likely get a beamer since he's on 290k and still has not done any major maintenance to it other than oil changes and fluid changes, he swears by his.
    Going to strongly advise you against this. I currently have a 2011 BMW 3-Series that I bought brand new. So far? New sunroof motor. New rear trunk latch. New radiator.

Of course, this was all under warranty, but I have heard it time and time again: never own a BMW out of warranty. My first-hand ownership experience has backed this up. I would be scared to keep this thing any longer.

As Fraydog pointed out, Japanese auto manufactures have it down pat. I am more confident in my 08 Lexus w/ 42k on it than I am my 11 3-Series with 12k on it. That's saying a lot. than I am 95% sure I will never leave the Lexus/Toyota family.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

AT&T wins OnStar contract from Verizon

I've had a couple bmws over the years. To sum the cars up, they were fast with nice torque, they rode nice, very fun to drive, but they always needed maint and it was very expensive. A bmw out of warranty can be risky. The cars do last a long time though and some get lucky on the maint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer07 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new Chevy SS with LTE built in, but it'll take some convincing to get me out of my subaru .
    Another Subie fan? I have a 12" Legacy 3.6R Limited

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: AT&T wins OnStar contract from Verizon

Going to strongly advise you against this. I currently have a 2011 BMW 3-Series that I bought brand new. So far? New sunroof motor. New rear trunk latch. New radiator.
    ...bad power window motors, fancy half-click lane change turn signals randomly ceasing function, power locks stopping, and the fun one... spring in the switchblade key breaking. All the minor stuff I would typically expect to last nearly forever unless I abuse them...

Also now in the Toyota family. Staying for a while.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Many of the foreign cars are made right here in the United States. BMW X5, M3 and others are made in South Carolina. Honda is made in Ohio, Alabama and California. Toyota make cars in Mississippi, Kentucky, Texas and Indiana. Mercedes makes the ML class in Alabama. Volvo makes trucks in Virginia. On the other hand, many United States brands are made in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Australia, Romania and China.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Many of the foreign cars are made right here in the United States. BMW X5, M3 and others are made in South Carolina. Honda is made in Ohio, Alabama and California. Toyota make cars in Mississippi, Kentucky, Texas and Indiana. Mercedes makes the ML class in Alabama. Volvo makse trucks in Virginia. On the other hand, many United States brands are made in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Australia, Romania and China.
    Ironic the Ford Fusion is made in Mexico, but Subaru's are made in Indiana and Camry made in Kentucky.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

Of course, this was all under warranty, but I have heard it time and time again: never own a BMW out of warranty. My first-hand ownership experience has backed this up. I would be scared to keep this thing any longer.

As Fraydog pointed out, Japanese auto manufactures have it down pat. I am more confident in my 08 Lexus w/ 42k on it than I am my 11 3-Series with 12k on it. That's saying a lot. than I am 95% sure I will never leave the Lexus/Toyota family.
    My problem is i never like any Japanese cars, i can always tell when im riding in one as the interior just feels awkward to me, not nearly as awkward as chevy's are, but none the less. I always like german cars (VW, BMW, etc).

I still have not decided yet, as i still have a lot of life left in my fusion (and i run em into the ground before buying another), so i'm really not sure what i'm gonna get next, as Ford has always lasted me with minimal maintenance.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

We have had good luck with GM, and Ford.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yup. I hate to say it, but I am done with American cars for now. We do a lot of things right, but making cars doesn't seem to be one of them.

That's just not true, though I'm sure the foreign car companies would like everybody to believe it. American car companies have come back big, and when they do well, the nation does well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast