Page 447 of 776 FirstFirst ... 347 397 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 497 547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 11632

Thread: official T-Mobile USA LTE thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Currently in New Orleans (Metairie

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Currently in New Orleans (Metairie). I know that T-Mobile is spectrum-constrained, but I'm currently getting 0.08 down/0.00 up on 2 bars of LTE (-90). Full HSPA+ in the same spot gives similar speeds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope they have the NOLA network fixed up before Mardi Gras!
    Bye!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherMcG View Post
    I hope they have the NOLA network fixed up before Mardi Gras!
    If they were able to get theirs hands on AWS 3, could they put it to use immediately and also will it require new equipment?

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Currently in New Orleans (Metairie). I know that T-Mobile is spectrum-constrained, but I'm currently getting 0.08 down/0.00 up on 2 bars of LTE (-90). Full HSPA+ in the same spot gives similar speeds.
    What spectrum do they have? I know in Baton Rouge they only run a 5mhz LTE channel in band 4.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6, SHIELD TV, SHIELD K1, Acer Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    If they were able to get theirs hands on AWS 3, could they put it to use immediately and also will it require new equipment?
    No, it would require new equipment on both sides.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That region should be 10x10MHz LTE, 5x5HSPA on AWS and PCS and the rest for GSM.. maybe even a small channel of LTE with some of that PCS. It's doing so bad because from what I understand they still have DC-HSPA active and only enough left over for a 5x5MHz LTE channel.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile rocks the Lafayette MSA. There's half a million people within a 40 mile radius of downtown and 90 percent of them don't know anything except slow data on AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    LTE speeds other than where I was at that time were alright (2-6 down, while HSPA+ was generally a little faster). Somewhat disappointing.

Wish Field Test on my iPhone 6 Plus (8.0.2) would show DL/UL bandwidth like it used to... Toggling airplane mode doesn't get the empty fields to populate anymore for me.
    - Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    T-Mobile rocks the Lafayette MSA. There's half a million people within a 40 mile radius of downtown and 90 percent of them don't know anything except slow data on AT&T.
    I tried the test drive thing a few months ago in Baton Rouge. Speeds were so so due to the 5mhz LTE. Lots of EDGE around town and didn't have much coverage in Central.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akke41 View Post
    Within the last week. 2G to LTE conversion is moving VERY quickly in rural parts of Maryland. 25 new sites in the last three weeks alone.

via the HoFo App
    Where in rural MD? I was working in eastern shore in chestertown and it was all 2G up to DE.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The area around Vets/I-10 is toast. It's so bogged down, especially near Clearview Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    What spectrum do they have? I know in Baton Rouge they only run a 5mhz LTE channel in band 4.
    They have AWS C+D+E with HSPA on C+D and LTE on E.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherMcG View Post
    That region should be 10x10MHz LTE, 5x5HSPA on AWS and PCS and the rest for GSM.. maybe even a small channel of LTE with some of that PCS. It's doing so bad because from what I understand they still have DC-HSPA active and only enough left over for a 5x5MHz LTE channel.
    Only 30 MHz of AWD and 15 MHz of PCS. So 20 MHz to HSPA on AWS, and 10 MHz to HSPA on PCS, LTE on 10 MHz of AWS, and about 5 MHz of GSM on PCS.

PCS holdings are non contiguous unfortunately.

Lots of the issues could be solved with more backhaul...

LTE speeds other than where I was at that time were alright (2-6 down, while HSPA+ was generally a little faster). Somewhat disappointing.
    Network performance has really nose dived over the past 4 months I've noticed. I think the addition of MetroPCS has contributed greatly to the network load here.

Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    I tried the test drive thing a few months ago in Baton Rouge. Speeds were so so due to the 5mhz LTE. Lots of EDGE around town and didn't have much coverage in Central.
    True, speeds are limited due to spectrum constraints, but south of I-10 I never really have any issues. I actually made my way into the Central area recently and was pleasantly surprised my phone still worked indoors on HSPA, even flittering up to LTE for a moment a few times. Was expecting my phone to become a brick. That new Central Thruway is awesome too. Had no idea that existed...

Feedback Score
    You would think Baton Rouge would be better than that. It is a big enough market.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reedacus25 View Post
    The area around Vets/I-10 is toast. It's so bogged down, especially near Clearview Parkway.

They have AWS C+D+E with HSPA on C+D and LTE on E.

Only 30 MHz of AWD and 15 MHz of PCS. So 20 MHz to HSPA on AWS, and 10 MHz to HSPA on PCS, LTE on 10 MHz of AWS, and about 5 MHz of GSM on PCS.

PCS holdings are non contiguous unfortunately.

Lots of the issues could be solved with more backhaul...

Network performance has really nose dived over the past 4 months I've noticed. I think the addition of MetroPCS has contributed greatly to the network load here.

True, speeds are limited due to spectrum constraints, but south of I-10 I never really have any issues. I actually made my way into the Central area recently and was pleasantly surprised my phone still worked indoors on HSPA, even flittering up to LTE for a moment a few times. Was expecting my phone to become a brick. That new Central Thruway is awesome too. Had no idea that existed...
    The thruway is pretty nice. There is a new site being built at the thruway and Greenwell Springs. So far I only know of AT&T being a tenant. Tmobile only has two sites in Central and are really only on the south side of town. The north side is a stretch for the edge only site near Zachary. I roam all over Central so it didn't work out. I didn't even have edge at my house so the wifi calling thing wouldn't work if I didn't have anything to transition to. I listen to strictly streaming audio in the car and Tmobile kept dropping the stream on my commute in various areas. Their coverage was very weak downtown as well. Hopefully they can circle back and patch up some of this holes one day and I can look at them again.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    You would think Baton Rouge would be better than that. It is a big enough market.
    This market used to be a very heavy AT&T crowd but Verizon came in and spent a ton of money so it's pretty split now. Sprint doesn't have a working network to stand on so they don't have many customers either. Just a hard market to compete in with AT&T and VZW coverage sewing things up.

Page 447 of 776 FirstFirst ... 347 397 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 497 547 ... LastLast