Page 316 of 776 FirstFirst ... 216 266 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 11632

Thread: official T-Mobile USA LTE thread

  1. #4726
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,023
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/534.30)

    An interesting article.
    http://gigaom.com/2014/01/30/4g-vs-4...rks-in-the-us/
    T-Mobile has been aggressive on LTE deployment.
    Can't decide what to make of one of the comments at the end of that article, from a guy (says he is Milan from HoFo) claiming to be an Ericsson engineer: "Recently T-Mobile has been requesting we install spark contingency relays , which points to combining the two. Leak alert: that’s the definition of Spark." Scary if T-Mobile is planning on a Sprint merger.

  2. #4727
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Can't decide what to make of one of the comments at the end of that article, from a guy (says he is Milan from HoFo) claiming to be an Ericsson engineer: "Recently T-Mobile has been requesting we install spark contingency relays , which points to combining the two. Leak alert: that’s the definition of Spark." Scary if T-Mobile is planning on a Sprint merger.

    What in the hell is spark contingency relay especially from Ericsson? Ericsson isn't even a TDD-LTE vendor (Nokia replaced Ericsson) AND TDD LTE equipment hasnt even been deployed anywhere in the field other than Clearwire sites. The earliest it's going to be deployed is in shentel market later first quarter and that's alcatel-lucent equipment. It's pure BS. No way tmobile will get equipment that Sprint is just beginning to stockpile.

    Sent from my Nexus 5

  3. #4728
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,023
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post
    What in the hell is spark contingency relay especially from Ericsson? Ericsson isn't even a TDD-LTE vendor (Nokia replaced Ericsson) AND TDD LTE equipment hasnt even been deployed anywhere in the field other than Clearwire sites. The earliest it's going to be deployed is in shentel market later first quarter and that's alcatel-lucent equipment. It's pure BS. No way tmobile will get equipment that Sprint is just beginning to stockpile.

    Sent from my Nexus 5
    You seem to be misunderstanding. Ericsson is (from what I know) performing T-Mobile's network upgrades, and I would imagine that Ericsson has the the equipment that does the same things as Nokia. Since he is talking about adding equipment to a T-Mobile tower, it would make sense it is both Ericsson doing the work and Ericsson branded equipment (and you point out that Sprint is stockpiling Nokia equipment).

    Not saying that I necessarily believe the rumor, just that being Ericsson rather than Nokia does not make it false.

  4. #4729
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,294
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've always thought it would make sense to demand a 20MHz nationwide chunk of Sprint Spark 2500/2600MHz spectrum as part of the break up fee after the merger is blocked. Sure, it wouldn't help add new coverage, but it would help prevent any capacity concerns in major cities.

    Just remember, Son doesn't want a break up fee because Sprint can't afford it... Sprint owns a ton of 2500/2600MHz (band 41) spectrum... and a 20MHz TD-LTE network is quite speedy compared to an equivalent 10x10 regular LTE network... band 41 is also used in Japan, Canada, Africa, and China (read: lots of potential roaming revenue $$$) and T-Mobile's network is very dense in metro areas, so coverage with it shouldn't be an issue.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

  5. #4730
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,393
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0

    official T-Mobile USA LTE thread

    I have no idea what either of you are arguing about, T-Mobile has contracts with both NSN and Ericsson. T-Mobile has nothing to worry about because their network upgrades have been running for the past two years, and they also had their order submitted before sprint so it is not theoretically possible to "stock pile" equipment when they are already busy taking orders from carriers all over the world.


    http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ors/2012-05-07

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    ^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

  6. #4731
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,116
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Can't decide what to make of one of the comments at the end of that article, from a guy (says he is Milan from HoFo) claiming to be an Ericsson engineer: "Recently T-Mobile has been requesting we install spark contingency relays , which points to combining the two. Leak alert: that’s the definition of Spark." Scary if T-Mobile is planning on a Sprint merger.
    Lol.. Think about it.. Would an Ericsson contractor or any corporate employee ever break NDA by talking on the forums, and then say that he is from HoFo? Not to mention that he can't properly spell Ericsson... Funny.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

  7. #4732
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    7,063
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post

    Just remember, Son doesn't want a break up fee because Sprint can't afford it... Sprint owns a ton of 2500/2600MHz (band 41) spectrum... and a 20MHz TD-LTE network is quite speedy compared to an equivalent 10x10 regular LTE network... band 41 is also used in Japan, Canada, Africa, and China (read: lots of potential roaming revenue $$$) and T-Mobile's network is very dense in metro areas, so coverage with it shouldn't be an issue.
    What will TMUS do when they run out of AWS? They're advertising these super fast speeds but when all the new customers come on the network, what's going to happen?
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

  8. #4733
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,145
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    What will TMUS do when they run out of AWS? They're advertising these super fast speeds but when all the new customers come on the network, what's going to happen?
    They've been rapidly gaining customers the past year with no noticeable negative network issues.

  9. #4734
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    7,063
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    They've been rapidly gaining customers the past year with no noticeable negative network issues.
    Mind you I have tested pretty good speeds on TMUS in St. Louis. Not many people are on the network there so I hold it with a magenta sized grain of salt. Still, when they have a base of higher revenue customers that spend more on plans, can they scale up capacity?

  10. #4735
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,023
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    What will TMUS do when they run out of AWS? They're advertising these super fast speeds but when all the new customers come on the network, what's going to happen?
    T-Mobile is already in the process of increasing bandwidth. Dallas was the first to go 20x20 (same as what Verizon is moving to on AWS) and other markets will follow. While not all markets can go 20x20 now (more will once 3G HSPA+ can be moved to PCS), most of the largest markets should be able to go at least to 15x15, which should be fast enough until they get closer to AT&T or Verizon's size.

  11. #4736
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,393
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Mind you I have tested pretty good speeds on TMUS in St. Louis. Not many people are on the network there so I hold it with a magenta sized grain of salt. Still, when they have a base of higher revenue customers that spend more on plans, can they scale up capacity?
    Not unless they start reframing, but at some point hopefully they will start using small cells and DAS's. That would significantly help them in preventing congestion.

  12. #4737
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,687
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    Not unless they start reframing, but at some point hopefully they will start using small cells and DAS's. That would significantly help them in preventing congestion.
    yep exactly. There are a wide array of techniques available for increasing capacity. DAS, picocells/microcells, cell-splits, etc.

    ^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

  13. #4738
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,393
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Can't decide what to make of one of the comments at the end of that article, from a guy (says he is Milan from HoFo) claiming to be an Ericsson engineer: "Recently T-Mobile has been requesting we install spark contingency relays , which points to combining the two. Leak alert: that’s the definition of Spark." Scary if T-Mobile is planning on a Sprint merger.
    That guys an imposter for sure. Milan's no idiot, that clown is idiot trying to validate his opinion off of someone else's reputation.


    Sent with the HoFo App

  14. #4739
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Emporia, KS
    Posts
    278
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, LG G6, Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    My friend is using sensorly and she logged a bit for me yesterday around Emporia KS. http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/US...ile/lte_310260

    Is there any TMO users on here around Emporia or any cell phone enthusiasts? I don't know anybody else that are really into phones around here. would be nice to meet others face to face.
    I recommend using "Sensorly" to map cellphone coverage and share speedtests.

  15. #4740
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    741
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Holyoke, MA right outside of the mall.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Apple iPhone 5S - Cricket (AT&T)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Centura - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - Harbor Mobile (T-Mobile)
    LG 440G - Tracfone (AT&T)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Page 316 of 776 FirstFirst ... 216 266 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 366 416 ... LastLast

Bookmarks