Page 470 of 776 FirstFirst ... 370 420 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 520 570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 11632

Thread: official T-Mobile USA LTE thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Frequency info is under UMTS Cell Environment -> UMTS RR Info -> Downlink/Upload Frequency. Put that number into the UARFCN box here (http://niviuk.free.fr/umts_band.php) to get the frequency. (Unless UARFCN is already indicating it?)

For example, my DL is 637, so I'm on band 2/PCS 1900.
    Does this site work for retrieving info on Android devices also?

Do my results look correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggfb20 View Post

You're on LTE, so you'll need the LTE page: http://niviuk.free.fr/lte_band.php
    - Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Feedback Score
    You're on LTE, so you'll need the LTE page: http://niviuk.free.fr/lte_band.php
    Thanks, good info to have.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1415240084283.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  41.8 KB

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

If you look at your service menu. On the first line it shows you the band your on.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
    If you look at your service menu. On the first line it shows you the band your on.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    I know, but I was thinking in case the service menu isn't as detailed on the Nexus 6 I'm getting soon, for now my Note 3 and samsung in particular allows access but not all android devices.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Space Grey 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Mostly unrelated, but I saw this in the new Call of Duty and my inner cell nerd had to put it somewhere:

Carry on...
    Lol I would totally be the one to notice that as well

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    nope, pretty sure they run HSPA+ on PCS, not sure if DC but speeds are around 17 Mbps
    T-Mobile HAS to run HSPA on AWS for legacy devices that only supported WCDMA 1700 (with no WCDMA 1900 support). So in many markets its HSPA+ 5MHz @ 1700 AWS / LTE 5MHz 1700 / HSPA+ 5MHz @ 1900 /
    -I use http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/ to find out which providers own which licenses based on ZIP code in the US. Not a direct indicator of service but helps.
    -Radio on the Computer: http://specmap.sequence-omega.net/ an awesome map of the US that shows spectrum holdings of providers in a visual sense. Check it out!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile , Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    Woohoo!!! Charlotte, NC is now 10 MHz from 5 MHz LTE!!! The down side, no DC HASPA+. As long as LTE is good, I wont miss it... Although, it seems that my iPhone 5 is prefering the PCS HSPA over the AWS, even though AWS is showing as a neighbor cell. UARFCN 437 and 2037. LTE is now 2350, when it used to be 2375. Sorry no screen shots, I replaced my battery, and I damaged my phone, so home and sleep dont work.
    Yes I just noticed this as well. Download/Upload speeds back into the 20mbps range. It was desperately needed. Good job TMO. HSPA+ speeds down from the 20mbps range to around 12mbps so yeah looks like they finally let go of DC-HSPA+ here.

These are just some of the cities that El Paso is larger and more populous than : Memphis, Seattle, Denver, DC, Boston, Nashville, Okc, Louisville, Portland, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Albuquerque, Tucson, Fresno, Sacramento, Atlanta, Miami, Oakland, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Honolulu, St Louis, Pittsburgh.

Throw in Hills, mountains, buildings and other structures and it creates an issue which low hand should ease somewhat.

When determining market size you have to go by metro area not city limits. Almost all of those markets are larger than El Paso, with ones like Seattle and Atlanta being several times larger. El Paso is the 58th largest Metro in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus_ View Post
    Yes I just noticed this as well. Download/Upload speeds back into the 20mbps range. It was desperately needed. Good job TMO. HSPA+ speeds down from the 20mbps range to around 12mbps so yeah looks like they finally let go of DC-HSPA+ here.

When determining market size you have to go by metro area not city limits. Almost all of those markets are larger than El Paso, with ones like Seattle and Atlanta being several times larger. El Paso is the 58th largest Metro in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States
    Your info might be somewhat outdated by a few years, but either way I think tmobile has slightly different calculation methods.

According to David Beren (current tmobile employee) former editor and chief of tmonews.com McAllen, TX is in the top 29 metro areas yet your link has them listed as 67th. El Paso metro has always been larger than the McAllen metro.

"The top 29 markets are as follows:

LosAngeles,CA
    Chicago,IL
    Phoenix,AZ
    Houston,TX
    SanDiego,CA
    NewYork,NY
    Seattle,WA
    Miami/Ft.Lauderdale,FL
    Dallas/Ft.Worth,TX
    SanFrancisco,CA
    SaltLakeCity,UT
    Denver,CO
    Minneapolis,MN
    Tampa/St.Petersburg,FL
    Philadelphia,PA
    SanAntonio,TX
    Portland,OR
    Austin,TX
    Atlanta,GA
    KansasCity,MO
    Boston,MA
    Sacramento,CA
    Orlando,FL
    Detroit,MI
    WashingtonDC*
    Cleveland,OH
    Jacksonville,FL
    Charlotte,NC
    McAllen,TX "

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mob...-s-iii-launch/

The El Paso metro really has 2.2 million people http://www.elpasoinfo.com Wikipedia doesn't include the 2nd largest military base in the country (Ft. Bliss) nor do they include immigrants (Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico) , yet both immigrants and soldiers utilize tmobiles network, perhaps even more than they use the other big 3 networks due to the affordable prices.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your info might be somewhat outdated by a few years, but either way I think tmobile has slightly different calculation methods.

According to David Beren (current tmobile employee) former editor and chief of tmonews.com McAllen, TX is in the top 29 metro areas yet your link has them listed as 67th. El Paso metro has always been larger than the McAllen metro.
    Lol, David is such a red-herring. No offense to David at all, but he is 'self-taught' and only recently was hired by t-mobile (I believe in their community department - not network engineering). Moreover, by self-taught, he had to be schooled a number of times in the old tmonews forums on things as simple as how AWS works as a frequency band and how DC-HSPA+ and MIMO function.

He's learned a lot since then, so I would never hold that against him. We all gotta learn. However, I would not consider him an independent, authoritative expert above many others here. He's not and never has been a T-Mobile Network Engineer.

LosAngeles,CA
    Chicago,IL
    Phoenix,AZ
    Houston,TX
    SanDiego,CA
    NewYork,NY
    Seattle,WA
    Miami/Ft.Lauderdale,FL
    Dallas/Ft.Worth,TX
    SanFrancisco,CA
    SaltLakeCity,UT
    Denver,CO
    Minneapolis,MN
    Tampa/St.Petersburg,FL
    Philadelphia,PA
    SanAntonio,TX
    Portland,OR
    Austin,TX
    Atlanta,GA
    KansasCity,MO
    Boston,MA
    Sacramento,CA
    Orlando,FL
    Detroit,MI
    WashingtonDC*
    Cleveland,OH
    Jacksonville,FL
    Charlotte,NC
    McAllen,TX "

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mob...-s-iii-launch/

The El Paso metro really has 2.2 million people http://www.elpasoinfo.com Wikipedia doesn't include the 2nd largest military base in the country (Ft. Bliss) nor do they include immigrants (Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico) , yet both immigrants and soldiers utilize tmobiles network, perhaps even more than they use the other big 3 networks due to the affordable prices.
    How sales divides up markets and how network engineering choses markets are very rarely the same, particularly for T-Mobile. McAllen (and Jacksonville, and Austin) are strong T-Mobile sales markets, but are not top focus markets for network deployments. Eventually that'll change for Austin whenever Austin and San Antonio's MSA's eventually get combined (like DFW), but that'll still be a few census' from now.

Historically (and yes, you can check TMONews' network deployment posts, instead of its device sales posts), network engineering judges markets by MSA. While sales markets often match up with MSAs, you can have multiple sales markets within a single MSA.

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    Lol, David is such a red-herring. No offense to David at all, but he is 'self-taught' and only recently was hired by t-mobile (I believe in their community department - not network engineering). Moreover, by self-taught, he had to be schooled a number of times in the old tmonews forums on things as simple as how AWS works as a frequency band and how DC-HSPA+ and MIMO function.

He's learned a lot since then, so I would never hold that against him. We all gotta learn. However, I would not consider him an independent, authoritative expert above many others here. He's not and never has been a T-Mobile Network Engineer.

How sales divides up markets and how network engineering choses markets are very rarely the same, particularly for T-Mobile. McAllen (and Jacksonville, and Austin) are strong T-Mobile sales markets, but are not top focus markets for network deployments. Eventually that'll change for Austin whenever Austin and San Antonio's MSA's eventually get combined (like DFW), but that'll still be a few census' from now.

Historically (and yes, you can check TMONews' network deployment posts, instead of its device sales posts), network engineering judges markets by MSA. While sales markets often match up with MSAs, you can have multiple sales markets within a single MSA.
    Sounds good to me....

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

LosAngeles,CA
    Chicago,IL
    Phoenix,AZ
    Houston,TX
    SanDiego,CA
    NewYork,NY
    Seattle,WA
    Miami/Ft.Lauderdale,FL
    Dallas/Ft.Worth,TX
    SanFrancisco,CA
    SaltLakeCity,UT
    Denver,CO
    Minneapolis,MN
    Tampa/St.Petersburg,FL
    Philadelphia,PA
    SanAntonio,TX
    Portland,OR
    Austin,TX
    Atlanta,GA
    KansasCity,MO
    Boston,MA
    Sacramento,CA
    Orlando,FL
    Detroit,MI
    WashingtonDC*
    Cleveland,OH
    Jacksonville,FL
    Charlotte,NC
    McAllen,TX "
    This only makes sense if they're maybe looking at the geographical size of the metro areas, but even then wow, something is terribly off with that list.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    This only makes sense if they're maybe looking at the geographical size of the metro areas, but even then wow, something is terribly off with that list.
    I for one don't believe either are correct, but as Reuthermonkey pointed out tmobile has a strategic method of dispersing their network resources, one that hasn't been documented which makes everything speculation. Obviously they are constrained by spectrum holdings and channel 51 interferences also. They'll get it sorted out though, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Device(s)
    iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I decided to shut off LTE on my phone here in Chicago. HSPA+ is working much better.
    I blame this on capacity constraints and qos programs like Son by Eden rock or Nokia's qos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luism1023 View Post
    I decided to shut off LTE on my phone here in Chicago. HSPA+ is working much better.
    I blame this on capacity constraints and qos programs like Son by Eden rock or Nokia's qos.
    Our hspa+ used to be very good but has since deteriorated to very slow speeds (0.14 avg download speeds and about 0.08 upload) we have major capacity issues on both lte and hspa+ and we are a 10x10 city as well.... They have purchased some block A spectrum from David Miller in the area but it's pending fcc approval and even when/if they give approval they have to wait for the TV station to switch from channel 51 which could take like 3 years or slightly more..... In the mean time we don't have many options in this area either deal with the slow speeds or jump ship, that's all...

Feedback Score
    And really on lte it only the download speeds that could use a boost. I wonder if they reconfigure the VoLTE prioritization could it help and what would the effect be on VoLTE.... I wonder if it can supercede/limit the impact of limited capacity issues....

Page 470 of 776 FirstFirst ... 370 420 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 520 570 ... LastLast