Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where is everyone at?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    SU has been taken over by the Sprint Haters/Basher.....Its really nothing more than a place to Rant about how much you hate Sprint and to Cheerlead the other 3 carriers. S4GRU.com has snatch up all the pro-Sprint enthuses from various has-been sites....Very good information comes out of site, and its well managed/moderated a real community....like what SU used to be eon's ago.

That's a shame... I quite enjoyed SU and this forum in the past.

However, objectively speaking, if you think about what happened to these two popular forums (SU and HoFo Sprint), to a certain degree it DOES accurately reflect the public's negative experiences & views about Sprint. Many once-loyal Sprint fans have now turned into Sprint haters (for many different legitimate reasons). I'm not saying EVERYONE has turned against Sprint, but there's no denying that Sprint has done many things to alienate the majority of their past fans/customers.
    - Chokaay

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
    Try Sprint's service in Irvine, Lake Forest, Laguna Hills, etc... you'll be horrified.
    I have and do drive through those cities (well not Laguna Hills too often) and I just haven't had any trouble that I can remember in the places I happen to go to. But those areas are very spread out residential areas with trees and hilly terrain, and I'm sure there are pockets of hit or miss service in there. Central and Northern OC is obviously much easier to cover and it's also much easier to put up cell sites. The only place I can think of off the top of my head where I didn't have a signal is inside the Target at the Irvine Spectrum. Once 800 Mhz comes into play that should help a good deal.

Where I once had full bars, great voice & text service (but terribly slow data service averaging 30 kbps)... now I get no signal, period.
    That's very odd considering that not a single cell site has been decommissioned in those cities. At least I'm pretty sure on that but will check later. There might have been 2 or 3 site relocations in South OC but I can't recall where those were.
    Sprint user since 1997

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    However, objectively speaking, if you think about what happened to these two popular forums (SU and HoFo Sprint), to a certain degree it DOES accurately reflect the public's negative experiences & views about Sprint.
    I actually think there are less haters/bashers now than there were 3-4 years ago. But overall forum participation has dropped off a little and that could be due to a number of things.

Feedback Score
    I was a loyal Sprint user and fan for about six years. Got on the SERO plan when it first came out in 2006. Got onto the newer, better SERO plan that included unlimited texting the next year. Held out until SERO premium came out in 2010. I ended up ditching Sprint earlier last year when StraightTalk's BYOD SIM program started. I got sick of the slow data speeds, and my bill creeped up to around $61 a month from a previous $32 a month. I had a ton of perks, but those are moot with an unlimited everything plan. Data speeds on T-Mobile are better in my area than Sprint's, and I get a good deal on refills from Ebay which brings my cost to around $32 a month, so in essence I still have a SERO plan.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    That's very odd considering that not a single cell site has been decommissioned in those cities. At least I'm pretty sure on that but will check later. There might have been 2 or 3 site relocations in South OC but I can't recall where those were.
    I would be interested to see what you can find.

Data issues started happening in late 2011 or early 2012 (and I put up with it for several months). Then around June-July 2012 voice & text service degrade significantly. In October 2012 right before I switched, voice service was virtually unusable (no signal most of the time, 0-1 bar most of the time inside the same office building where I had 4-5 bars months before). Outside I would get bars, but after a few minutes of conversation, the audio would slowly cut in-and-out until you couldn't hear the other person anymore, then the call would drop. During those times, my phone would show no signal (even if I didn't move during the call). Then a few minutes later signal would return (again, even if I didn't move).

There was no way this type of service could be used for business... or even for personal use. I put up with Sprint for almost a year, but since these issues kept getting worse with no end in sight, I finally switched to the most "reliable" carrier overall for SoCal (and the majority of the U.S.). The corporate store I went to in my area mentioned they were getting noticeably higher volume of people coming from Sprint than other carriers lately (at that time... I don't know about now).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Data issues started happening in late 2011 or early 2012 (and I put up with it for several months). Then around June-July 2012 voice & text service degrade significantly. In October 2012 right before I switched, voice service was virtually unusable (no signal most of the time, 0-1 bar most of the time inside the same office building where I had 4-5 bars months before).
    Sounds like a capacity issue but it shouldn't affect voice and text like that. Data maybe. It also sounds like the symptoms of a cell site outage. Usually outages happen for a day or two and sometimes up to a couple weeks. In worst case scenarios which are very rare a cell site can be out for a month or longer which is looking the like the case for one particular site in OC where the office building caught fire a couple of weeks ago and now they can't get any power to it and a generator or COW situation isn't working out either.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryt510 View Post
    Sounds like a capacity issue but it shouldn't affect voice and text like that. Data maybe. It also sounds like the symptoms of a cell site outage. Usually outages happen for a day or two and sometimes up to a couple weeks. In worst case scenarios which are very rare a cell site can be out for a month or longer which is looking the like the case for one particular site in OC where the office building caught fire a couple of weeks ago and now they can't get any power to it and a generator or COW situation isn't working out either.

Now that I think about it, do you think this could be due to upgrading to LTE in the area?

Feedback Score
    Currently have a SERO plan, and desperately want out. I hate Sprint's service so much... and I live in Silicon Valley, and work in SF. You'd think there would be service out here! Can't get out of my plan fast enough

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a shame... I quite enjoyed SU and this forum in the past.

However, objectively speaking, if you think about what happened to these two popular forums (SU and HoFo Sprint), to a certain degree it DOES accurately reflect the public's negative experiences & views about Sprint. Many once-loyal Sprint fans have now turned into Sprint haters (for many different legitimate reasons). I'm not saying EVERYONE has turned against Sprint, but there's no denying that Sprint has done many things to alienate the majority of their past fans/customers.

couldnt of said it better!!

SU is a awesome site, i would say it has alot of Sprint info than Hofo...yes there are some haters but they dont stay around also there is a RANT fourm ppl are go and say what ever, i think thats a plus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2