Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Thread: Droid RAZR/MAXX JellyBean OTA Activation TXT MMS 3G ROOT TETHERING on PagePlus

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Celular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFlare View Post
    Yeah, it should be fine. Anything that doesn't change the MEID registration status with Page Plus shouldn't matter, which won't happen by just modifying things on your phone and having to OTA program it again.
    My SIM Card eventually did arrive, but it looks to me that the SIM Card Slot on my RAZR has broken, so I am going to have to stay with the previous method for the time being.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Now that PP offers 4G data service, how would I go about reversing this process and turning the 4G function back on without doing a factory restore and losing root????

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X Compact
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Basically to reverse this you need to change your network mode back to "LTE, CDMA and EVDO", change telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice back to 1 in build.prop, and in DFS with the phone in BP Tools mode and connected to your computer change "R-UIM Config" back to "R-UIM Only" (from "NV Only") and "HDR SCP force AT config" back to "RevA_EHRPD" (from "RevA_MFPA").

If you disabled either of the apps com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice or com.motorola.setupwizard.controller, you need to re-enable them.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Would a factory restore work?

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X Compact
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    If you are referring to any options on the phone that don't involve hooking it up to a computer, then no. You will either need to do reverse the process, as described briefly in my post above, or you need to use RSD Lite to restore your phone. With the former, you won't lose anything at all, but with the latter you will indeed lose root and anything you have on the phone.

If you did these mods yourself (and thus have any experience doing it), it should be a simple matter to just reverse all the changes. There isn't really that much to change back.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I understand. I did the process about two years ago, I will refresh my memory with this thread. If you look back I did help contribute some valuable information back then

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have an alternative to DFS by cdmatools?? I've tried two different versions of the program (4.0.2)& (4.4.x) and on both I am able to connect to the diagnostic port (Com5) but am unable to read or write any settings to it. When I put the phone in BP tools I does go straight to the Safestrap menu when booting since I am rooted. Is this normal? I am trying to do the read and write changes when sitting at this menu. The only other option is to restart the phone and that takes it out of BP tools and COM5 becomes unreachable.

From the looks of the DFS website http://cdmatool.com/ the demo version only does certain things. So what program can I use to change these last two settings, without having to buy a program I'm going to use one time?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Found this response in another thread...

ShadowFlare said:
    03-02-2014 11:54 PM
    Did you do the 2 changes with CDMA Workshop and DFS already? (both can actually be done in DFS alone) If not, you will need to disable or remove safestrap so you can get into BP Tools mode to be able to change those settings, since safestrap overrides the BP Tools option.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Droid RAZR/MAXX JellyBean OTA Activation TXT MMS 3G ROOT TETHERING on PagePlus

I figured out how to temporarily disable Safestrap and DFS worked flawless! Changed both options back to normal, Lteondevice to 1 and enable to couple processes. Unfortunately PP tells me that I must purchase a PP sim card because my verizon one will not work.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X Compact
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
    I figured out how to temporarily disable Safestrap and DFS worked flawless! Changed both options back to normal, Lteondevice to 1 and enable to couple processes. Unfortunately PP tells me that I must purchase a PP sim card because my verizon one will not work.
    Yes, you do need a Page Plus sim card; just the way it is, unfortunately. If your phone didn't get taken off your service yet, you could change those settings again if you want your phone service working until you get your sim card.

Feedback Score

Can we still flash Razr M to pageplus 3g?

I'm a little late to the game but my old HTC incredible is dying a slow death...I have a Verizon Razr M -can these still be flashed to pageplus 3g to use on their basic $12.00 plan following above instructions?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carolynm View Post
    I have a Verizon Razr M -can these still be flashed to pageplus 3g to use on their basic $12.00 plan following above instructions?
    Flashed phones cannot be added to Page Plus. The practice was eliminated earlier this year. You will not be able to flash that phone for use on the $12 plan. At this time your choices are generally to use the $30 plan for a 4G LTE Verizon phone like the Razr M, use a 3G phone for the $12 plan, or change service providers. Currently Tracfone BYOD allows 4G LTE Verizon phones, but there are suggestions that other Verizon MVNOs may offer 4G LTE service within the next month.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9#post15711469

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43