Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid RAZR/MAXX JellyBean OTA Activation TXT MMS 3G ROOT TETHERING on PagePlus

Device(s)
    Samsung i770 Saga
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xiheasas View Post
    Hi snoop, I am following your steps, but after I dialed *22800, the dialer just disappeared. Do you think it is because the sim card in my phone has already been programmed? Another question, I did not root my JB, so how could I use the BuildProb Editor?
    you need to start with a brand new SIM card

and you need to root your phone

Device(s)
    Samsung i770 Saga
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Make sure you changed the HDR revision.

Received! much appreciated. Never had that issue.

for those with data issues go to *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info and check if it says EHRPD connecting..... If it does then your stuck on the HDR Revision change it again to "REV A MFPA"
    Also it happen on previus guides that in some cases you need to leave the phone on 1X mode overnight or 24hrs then switch back to 3G (CDMA-AUTO PRL/CDMA-EVDO) and it will start working.
    right now it says:

network type: evdo-rev.A

with CDMA auto PRL on

and i'm trying the 1X mode overnight and switching back.....will report back tomorrow.
    aside from that, everything else worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tymantyman View Post
    you need to start with a brand new SIM card

and you need to root your phone

Hi tymantyman. I got a OTA upgrade from ICS, and my current status remains unrooted. Do you have any idea to root the phone in JB?

Device(s)
    Samsung i770 Saga
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xiheasas View Post
    Hi tymantyman. I got a OTA upgrade from ICS, and my current status remains unrooted. Do you have any idea to root the phone in JB?
    I use the Razr blade method in the first post, this:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-root-exploit/

Works perfect everytime for me.

Device(s)
    Samsung i770 Saga
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    ugh.....idk what is up but data still not working. when I turn wifi on, I get the 3G icon....when I turn wifi off, data icon goes away and is in disconnected state.

Feedback Score
    to everyone having issues, redo everything again, step by stem until you get it. This is a foolproof and if everything is being followed step by step there will be 0 issues. Don't skip any steps and re read if you dont fully understand. This method works

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Makiavelliapoc View Post
    to everyone having issues, redo everything again, step by stem until you get it. This is a foolproof and if everything is being followed step by step there will be 0 issues. Don't skip any steps and re read if you dont fully understand. This method works
    Do you need a new Sim every time you retry?

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tymantyman View Post
    ugh.....idk what is up but data still not working. when I turn wifi on, I get the 3G icon....when I turn wifi off, data icon goes away and is in disconnected state.
    Read post 37 & 42 and follow them. I had the exact same problem.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poiuyt00 View Post
    That would be my guess.
    Mobile data is good. Life is too short to seek wifi just to check email.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I want to thank Snoop for his wonderful and easy to follow guide. His guide not only makes it possible and VERY easy to use a modern, powerful phone on most Verizon MVNO's, but it does it all without having to pay someone to flash the phone. I know the economy is tough, but let's all show our appreciation and send Snoop a donation for his hard work. Snoop certainly had to buy numerous sim cards that he wasted figuring all this out, so come on guys and gals, let's help Snoop to recover at least some of the costs he incurred while fine tuning this activation method. Who knows, if enough people show their appreciation, he might even post some other guides as time goes by.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMountainMan View Post
    I want to thank Snoop for his wonderful and easy to follow guide. His guide not only makes it possible and VERY easy to use a modern, powerful phone on most Verizon MVNO's, but it does it all without having to pay someone to flash the phone. I know the economy is tough, but let's all show our appreciation and send Snoop a donation for his hard work. Snoop certainly had to buy numerous sim cards that he wasted figuring all this out, so come on guys and gals, let's help Snoop to recover at least some of the costs he incurred while fine tuning this activation method. Who knows, if enough people show their appreciation, he might even post some other guides as time goes by.
    Done. It wasn't much but times are hard.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for this guide. I'll be using it this week!
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Verizon Galaxy 3 (talk/text/mms/3g) - Red Pocket
    Verizon Razr (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Boost Mobile Moto G - Page Plus

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Preyty much should work for all motorolas, their all have same configurations
    Assuming I can root the phone, might there be any possible problems following the procedure with newer phones?
    (Razr M on 4.1.1 or Razr HD on 4.1.2)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poiuyt00 View Post
    According to the following link, "for the record sim card doesn't get written"
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5#post15096295

Feedback Score
    Loving my RAZR MAXX, but I do have one annoyance:

Every time I go into Settings -> Storage, I get an Error Code 1000. I'm sure it has something to do with Backup Assitant Plus and the fact that we don't have Verizon accounts.

I tried freezing all the Backup Assistant+ entries in Titanium Backup, but I still get the error (and it still shows as a running process?!)

Anyone else see this?

EDIT:

I froze all of those nasty huxvmm processes in addition to the Backup Assistant processes and it has FINALLY stopped. I'll keep this post updated with my findings.

EDIT 2:

Couple reboots later and its still gone. I originally froze com.motorola.vmm.filemanager also. Didn't seem to cause any immediate problems, but I would get a force close if I selected "Backup Assistant" in the "Files" app. I unfroze it, and now I get an "Authenticating..." dialog that never goes away. I'm leaving it on.

I'm now 100% sure that it was "Backup Assistant" showing up as a device in the "Storage" app causing the error. This fixed it for me.
    Last edited by mEnTL32; 04-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast