Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid RAZR/MAXX JellyBean OTA Activation TXT MMS 3G ROOT TETHERING on PagePlus

Device(s)
    RAZR HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Wink Droid RAZR/MAXX JellyBean OTA Activation TXT MMS 3G ROOT TETHERING on PagePlus

Ok guys I've done this process two times today just to ensure that this is the right way of doing it. THERE IS NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND PROGRAM PRL MDN MIN OR 3G AAA KEYS EVERYTHING WILL BE PROGRAM OVER THE AIR (OTA) so please don't ask "where do I a put my number" "how do i get my data keys" "where can i download PRL" or (i wish i could ban you) your going to get a lame answer.
    Follow the steps on the same order and it should work I did this many times in the last two days to asure what was necessary and what wasn't. At last i did this this guide twice today and it worked like charm booth times.
    This works on the regular razr and the razr maxx.
    Requirements
    Have ESN/IMEI already activated on PagePlus or if call PagePlus to get a new line once your on step 3a (alternatively you can contact me to activate or change your ESN I am a pageplus authorize dealer and I am authorize to charge for it so i won't do it for free)
    Install latest moto drivers
    install latest RDS lite
    download motorola JB sfb file
    CDMA workshop free version - Free version does the job for what we need to achieve
    DFS free version
    Razr Blade Root Mirror
    A brand new blank sim card installed on the phone, no need to be taking it in and out just leave it there.
    Im am doing this by starting all fresh, everything wiped out so backup your SD card and wipe everything off your phone. If you are already on 98.72.16 stock and you consider yourself lucky enough you can jump to 1a.

1-Flash stock latest JellyBean firmware/rom 98.72.16 (JB 4.1.2)
    Boot into Recovery by holding volume up and down while you phone turns on (yes phone is supposed to be off) scroll down to choose recovery then press volume UP to select it.

Name:  recoverymenu.jpg
Views: 30718
Size:  120.9 KB

once on recovery wipe all data / factory reset and cache.

Name:  recovery.jpg
Views: 30250
Size:  426.3 KB

once done choose "reboot system now" and inmediatly hold volume UP and DOWN to bring up bootloader menu again.
    Now choose "AP Fastboot"

Name:  fastbootmenu.jpg
Views: 29793
Size:  94.9 KB Name:  fastboot.jpg
Views: 29771
Size:  116.6 KB

open RDS lite, click on the doted buton and browse the XML from the extracted JB SFB file.

Name:  rds.jpg
Views: 30120
Size:  81.9 KB

Click "Start" to flash. This will take a few minutes this is loading new stock JB OS on your phone.

Name:  rdsflashing.jpg
Views: 29505
Size:  77.2 KB

Once everything is done and phone booted up to launcher skip activation screen by taping the corners and finish the setup wizard.

Name:  skipactivation.jpg
Views: 29279
Size:  68.5 KB

1a-Enable USB debbugin mode
    Root phone using razr blade (folow on screen instructions)
    Once rooted install "BuildProp Editor" and "SQlite Editor (not free but worth paying)" from GooglePlay

2-Getting phone ready for OTA Activation.
    boot phone on BP tools mode - Turn phone off then turn back on holding volume UP/DOWN and choose "BP-Tools" phone will boot and load launcher as normal but will enable modem drivers for programming.
    Open CDMAW demo
    Click on "Port (A)" and look for "Motorola QC Diag Port (B)" Double click on it, then click "connect (C)" then "Read (D)"

Name:  cdma1.jpg
Views: 29315
Size:  100.7 KB

Go to "Secutiry" tab click on "SPC" buton and choose "SEND 000000"

Name:  spc.jpg
Views: 29099
Size:  101.6 KB

Go back to "Main" tab and choose "CDMA-2"

Name:  cdma2.jpg
Views: 29098
Size:  115.9 KB

Read that page only

Name:  read.jpg
Views: 29061
Size:  118.9 KB

Change R-UIM Config to "NV-ONLY" and write that page

Name:  write.jpg
Views: 29413
Size:  120.8 KB

Disconnect and turn phone off.
    Turn on Phone again on "BP Tools" mode and this time connect it to DFS (create a free account)
    Again click on Ports choose your port and send SPC 000000

Name:  dfs1.jpg
Views: 29428
Size:  176.0 KB

Go to "Programming (A)" tab then look for "Data (B)" tab, click READ(C) at the bottom, change HDR mode(D) to "RevA_MFPA" and write changes(E)

Name:  dfs2.jpg
Views: 29136
Size:  208.2 KB

Disconnect, turn phone off and back on normal

3-OTA Activation
    open Dialer and dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) then SEND. Enter SPC 000000

Name:  act1.png
Views: 28389
Size:  54.7 KB Name:  act2.png
Views: 28333
Size:  39.2 KB

Go to "06 Test Mode"

Name:  act3.png
Views: 28246
Size:  71.2 KB

Tap NEXT twice and change "Network Selection" to "CDMA Only"

Name:  act4.png
Views: 28326
Size:  66.4 KB

Press back buton twice and phone will automatically restart. Phone should restart on CDMA only mode AKA 1X
    Now open "BuildProp Editor", scroll all the way down and look for "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice"

Name:  act5.png
Views: 28332
Size:  206.5 KB

Change its default value to "0", Save it, exit, restart or turn phone off.

Name:  act6.png
Views: 28280
Size:  109.1 KB

3A-NEW LINES! THIS IS WHERE YOU CALL PAGEPLUS AND GIVE THEM YOUR IMEI (MINUS LAST DIGIT) TO ACTIVATE A NEW LINE. PROCEED ONCE PAGEPLUS HAS ACTIVATED YOUR ESN/IMEI.
    If everything goes well and you haven't skip or change the order of any step; upon next boot phone will ask for data roaming access, allow it for all trips.

Name:  act7.png
Views: 28185
Size:  75.7 KB

Also will try to Activate itself OTA if it fails do not exit that screen and try again until successfully activates.

Name:  act8.png
Views: 28146
Size:  56.9 KB Name:  act9.png
Views: 27821
Size:  26.5 KB

If you go to "system settings / About Phone / Status" all your phone information will show up correctly also PRL version

Name:  about.png
Views: 28129
Size:  72.6 KB

You should have 1X connection steady, try opening the browser page should load, slow but it will load.

Name:  1x.png
Views: 27827
Size:  160.1 KB

Now go to dialer again and dial ##7764726, senter SPC, go to "06 Test Mode" -> -> and change "network mode" to "CDMA EVDO"

Name:  3g.png
Views: 27932
Size:  66.7 KB

Press back buton twice and phone will automatically restart.
    Phone may try to activate itself upon reboot randomly (let it be). After a minute you will have steady 3G and your phone information should still be stored on "system settings / About Phone / Status"

4-Tethering
    Open "SQLite Editor"
    Scroll down and look for "Settings Storage"

Name:  sql1.png
Views: 27757
Size:  162.2 KB

Choose "settings.db"
    Choose "settings"
    Scroll down to ID 66 "entitlement_check"

Name:  sql2.png
Views: 27611
Size:  114.8 KB

Edit record and change its value to "0"

Name:  sql3.png
Views: 27476
Size:  24.3 KB

Exit and reboot phone
    Open "Mobile Hotspot" enable it and customize as you need.

Name:  tether.png
Views: 27536
Size:  68.0 KB

5-Donate!
    Donations are not required but are really appreciated, many of you paid around 40-50 for programming that don't know how it was made and got lost on updates why not spare a few bucks on something you now know how to deal with your self.
    Also i know many people will use this guide to profit them self and charge a nice fee for it. Don't be greedy and don't forget me. I tried to make this as pictured as possible so its easy for everybody.

My 3G speedtest

Name:  speed.png
Views: 27785
Size:  293.2 KB

To Any Mod or Admin: Can i have more storage for attachments? i need to upload more pictures for my next tuto, thanks.
    Last edited by snoop1979; 03-23-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Feedback Score
    Great Job!! Just got done, your directions are right on. It works perfect. SOLID 3g. The only thing that I didn't do was put a new sim card in. I thought since I was already on pageplus that the same sim card would work, that is not correct. It would not let me activate, luckily I had a spear sim card. I turned my phone off and put the new sim card in, turned on and it activated perfect. so if your trying to be cheap IT WONT WORK ( I tried to be cheap and it doesn't work) Tethering works great, I connected my laptop to my phone and it worked great. Thanks Snoop and all your hard work.

Device(s)
    RAZR HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmooney View Post
    Great Job!! Just got done, your directions are right on. It works perfect. SOLID 3g. The only thing that I didn't do was put a new sim card in. I thought since I was already on pageplus that the same sim card would work, that is not correct. It would not let me activate, luckily I had a spear sim card. I turned my phone off and put the new sim card in, turned on and it activated perfect. so if your trying to be cheap IT WONT WORK ( I tried to be cheap and it doesn't work) Tethering works great, I connected my laptop to my phone and it worked great. Thanks Snoop and all your hard work.
    Yeah previous SIM should work as long its never had being programmed by a previous phone number or else it will say "you phone has already being activate by a sim card" (or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Yeah previous SIM should work as long its never had being programmed by a previous phone number or else it will say "you phone has already being activate by a sim card" (or something like that.
    So after I did the Buildprop editor step and rebooted it came up with the allow data access. And just as I was allowing data access for this trip and I hit ok the activation screen popped up, and I guess I must have hit the home button by accident and the activation screen went away, so I waited and it never came back up, so I open the dialer and tried *228 and *22800(multiple times) and couldn't get it to activate. So that's when I changed my sim card. What should I have done at that point?

Device(s)
    RAZR HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I hit ok the activation screen popped up, and I guess I must have hit the home button
    This is what you did wrong lol. At that point i thing if you just reboot your phone should come up again.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if you could use a tmobile or at&t sim in place of a blank verizon one?

Mark

Device(s)
    many
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your detailed guide !

Feedback Score
    This is what you did wrong lol. At that point i thing if you just reboot your phone should come up again.
    Ok Thanks for the response. I will try that next time. Thanks again for all your work.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Wonderful and extremely detailed guide! Thanks!
    Mobile data is good. Life is too short to seek wifi just to check email.

Device(s)
    Samsung i770 Saga
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    If we're on the stock JB OTA, do we still need to wipe factory data/reset? Or can we just straight jump into 1a?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Snoop, great job my man! you got this done so fast and excellent instructions! just for anyone who is not aware. there is a tool that will do step 1 and 1a for you.
    DROID RAZR JELLYBEAN UTILITY
    It will flash the new update (option 1) and do the Razr blade root process(option 3), and install Safestrap 3.11 to let ppl install custom roms(option 4). Custom roms are the best way to go if you wanna get all that bloat off and get some kick *** mods on your droid. here is a link for custom roms flashable on safe strap. DROID RAZR ROMS FOR THE JELLYBEAN KERNEL

PS excellent job on including the SQlite mod on this tutorial. Very well rounded mr snoop.
    You might wanna put the link for that Utility on the OP too snoop.

my 3g speed test
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-24-05-25-27.png
Views: 26080
Size:  321.5 KB
    Last edited by mattkilla420; 03-24-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

DFS all the way

Oh and i used DFS all the way through instead of two programs. I installed the free CDMA back in Dec when the leak cam out, so i am unable to use the free version. For anyone wanting to use DFS all the way through here is the first part of the instructions on the DFS program.
    select correct port
    Name:  Untitled1.png
Views: 26250
Size:  771.7 KB
    go to NAM2
    Name:  Untitled1.5.png
Views: 25944
Size:  347.8 KB
    and change to NV_ONLY
    Name:  Untitled2.png
Views: 26143
Size:  845.5 KB
    then finish with the rest of snoops instructions on DFS
    hope this helps.

Device(s)
    RAZR HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tymantyman View Post
    If we're on the stock JB OTA, do we still need to wipe factory data/reset? Or can we just straight jump into 1a?
    YES...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
    Snoop, great job my man! you got this done so fast and excellent instructions! just for anyone who is not aware. there is a tool that will do step 1 and 1a for you.
    DROID RAZR JELLYBEAN UTILITY
    It will flash the new update (option 1) and do the Razr blade root process(option 3), and install Safestrap 3.11 to let ppl install custom roms(option 4). Custom roms are the best way to go if you wanna get all that bloat off and get some kick *** mods on your droid. here is a link for custom roms flashable on safe strap. DROID RAZR ROMS FOR THE JELLYBEAN KERNEL

PS excellent job on including the SQlite mod on this tutorial. Very well rounded mr snoop.
    You might wanna put the link for that Utility on the OP too snoop.

my 3g speed test
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-24-05-25-27.png
Views: 26080
Size:  321.5 KB
    I was aware at the time of that utility but i wanted people to use the most stock utilities posible (such as RSD) utilities often get updated links go down you can't re-host them so i used the mos stock posible (if you want to put it that way) and hosted stuff on my rapidshare account which has at least two more years to go so links wont go down soon lol.
    Didn't want to go into details with safe strap or custom rooms not to create more confusion and make this more complicated for ppl. you have roms based on .8 or .215 you can switch the loader and make them boot with safe strap but thats a totally different topic, lets stick to the title activation and get it to work right.

Thanks for the DFS pictures it wouldn't work for me but that should be the right way of doing it, just use one software for those changes.

P.S. Nice 3G speeds man

Device(s)
    RAZR HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captbob544 View Post
    Thanks for your detailed guide !
    Thanks for you very generous donation Sr.

Feedback Score
    Thanks snoop!! You paved the way for a lot of us to be able to use our razrs.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast