Thread: Low Quality of Employees at Verizon Corporate Stores

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Low Quality of Employees at Verizon Corporate Stores

I went to a Verizon Corporate Store in New Jersey to refill a prepaid Verizon Phone on the day of expiration. I had to physically go to a store because I needed a receipt. The employee working there told me the following nonsense:

1) She told me do not refill it today. Wait until after it expires. Even if I add money today I will lose the $50 remaining on the phone.
    2) She told me do not refill it today. If you refill it on the day of expiration any additional money paid will be lost at midnight the same day as that is the date of expiration on the phone
    3) She told me it is not possible to print a receipt for the refill.
    4) She told me adding money to the phone does not extend the expiration date. If the phone states it expires today, you lose the money paid.

Unfortunately, the automated machine did not work so I was forced to deal with a low quality employee

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, employees love to hear that they are "low quality". They even like it better when you poor-mouth them and then go to their store for assistance.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eaw7100 View Post
    .... I was forced to deal with a low quality employee
    I have to agree with veriztd. I am sure that you encouraged the best out of that "low equality employee".

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a fine wine attitude coupled with a boxed wine budget. I have been watching Fraser reruns and this sounds like Dr Niles Crane

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Incompetent Verizon Employees

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Oh yeah, employees love to hear that they are "low quality". They even like it better when you poor-mouth them and then go to their store for assistance.
    Interesting response.

Perhaps training needs to be improved in the corporate stores.

Nevertheless, perhaps you can clarify:

1) Was there anything I was told that was accurate?
    2) Can you identify any alternatives to dealing with a Verizon employee to refill a prepaid phone and get a receipt for this?

Of note, I believe I asked for help, then reported about my experience. It is not the other way around as detailed in your post.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Interesting response.

]2) Can you identify any alternatives to dealing with a Verizon employee to refill a prepaid phone and get a receipt for this?
    Online purchase of refill cards? Stop waiting until the expiration date before taking care of your phone account? There's lots of ways this can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by eaw7100
    Of note, I believe I asked for help, then reported about my experience. It is not the other way around as detailed in your post.
    Of note - you never asked for help. You simply made a numbered list of complaints under a completely false subject line. If you want help, then just ask for help. Your subject line said nothing about needing help and your ensuing post was nothing short of a rant.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kupe View Post
    Online purchase of refill cards? Stop waiting until the expiration date before taking care of your phone account? There's lots of ways this can be done.

Of note - you never asked for help. You simply made a numbered list of complaints under a completely false subject line. If you want help, then just ask for help. Your subject line said nothing about needing help and your ensuing post was nothing short of a rant.
    Is it a physical refill card? Are there shipping fees? Or is it a virtual card? Do I get a receipt with this?

I do not understand why anyone would -not- wait until the expiration date before taking care of the prepaid phone account. Since $100 gets me the line for the next 365 days, why would I want to do this earlier?

I meant I asked the Verizon Employee in the store for help to refill the prepaid phone. The kiosk was broken. I was very polite. I was surprised that she gave out inaccurate information as "fact".

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Interesting response.

2) Can you identify any alternatives to dealing with a Verizon employee to refill a prepaid phone and get a receipt for this?

Of note, I responded to your comments and I never said anything about you. You don't need to get defensive. Chalk it up to a learning experience and don't be so quick to blame others. The store rep gets paid nothing to assist with prepaid phones and their time is better concentrated on post-paid customers. There is a toll free # you can call to add prepaid airtime via a credit or debit card.

Have a good day.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Poor Training of Verizon Employees

Of note, I responded to your comments and I never said anything about you. You don't need to get defensive. Chalk it up to a learning experience and don't be so quick to blame others. The store rep gets paid nothing to assist with prepaid phones and their time is better concentrated on post-paid customers. There is a toll free # you can call to add prepaid airtime via a credit or debit card.

Have a good day.

What did I learn?

Why shouldn't I blame the employee for giving inaccurate information as fact?

I can not use the toll free # because I do not get a receipt.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Obviously you didn't learn anything.

How long have you used prepaid ?? If you purchase online, you can print a receipt. You can even buy prepaid cards outside of a Verizon store and get a receipt. Clearly you prefer to blame others for everything.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Obviously you didn't learn anything.

How long have you used prepaid ?? If you purchase online, you can print a receipt. You can even buy prepaid cards outside of a Verizon store and get a receipt. Clearly you prefer to blame others for everything.
    Yes, now I learned something. I will refill my phone online and print a receipt going forward to avoid Verizon Corporate stores.

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thread Moved
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.