Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116 166 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3262

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know my brother's old branded S7 got updates, but I don't remember how far it got with the updates. I know my brother's branded S7 had a Snapdragon chip in it.
    Do you happen to know if has radios for both GSM and CDMA?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I know CDMA for sure was there. I know he had to SIM swap a SIM with VoLTE to get VoLTE. I know it was a G930VL for the model.

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE, Tracfone iPhone 6S, TF Samsung Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post

I know my brother's branded S7 had a Snapdragon chip in it.
    Yeah the new one I had had that.. it was the VL version which this probably is as well. I recall it came with 8.0 Oreo already installed since it was there right after first boot up as well as a 2018 security update. I never activated it but I'll do with this one.. I imagine VoLTE should work fine but I'll update when I get it in a few days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do you check for that? I forget. When I get it I'll screen shot it for you.. just need to know where to look.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    After clicking on the Tracfone link... scroll all the way down.
    CDMA
    VC suffix is everywhere, even when in your basket to check out
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-core

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like all US versions of the S7 have the snapdragon 820 soC.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    @lappers:

If you search the Internet for "Samsung G930VC", there are several sites saying it's a GSM phone and has the Exynos chipset. But the TF-branded S7 appears to be a G930VL (Verizon, CDMA) with the Snapdragon chipset. That's why I'm not sure the VC suffix in the ad is correct.

If you have an active TF/AT&T SIM, put it into the refurb S7 when you get it and see if it works.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    @lappers:

If you search the Internet for "Samsung G930VC", there are several sites saying it's a GSM phone and has the Exynos chipset. But the TF-branded S7 appears to be a G930VL (Verizon, CDMA) with the Snapdragon chipset. That's why I'm not sure the VC suffix in the ad is correct.

If you have an active TF/AT&T SIM, put it into the refurb S7 when you get it and see if it works.
    I'm with you I doubt the VC or at least info about VC is correct because according to a few sources all US variants use snapdragon and anything ending in V is Verizon. I found one prominent site that listed the VL as using the exynos.. which is clearly wrong so I don't trust any of spec sites.

Also, the new one that I briefly had a few weeks ago was VL so seems odd they would have this other version. The amazon listing for the new one has it as VC (and a 5.5 inch screen to boot which is wrong).. I'm thinking its just typical Tracfone/internet spec errors. But I'll confirm for sure once I get it.

I don't have any active TF/AT&T sim so no way for me to test like that but if there is a screen that indicates available radios I could post that.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I don't have any active TF/AT&T sim so no way for me to test like that but if there is a screen that indicates available radios I could post that.
    One way to tell is in the Network setting, it'll give a hint by the choices it present. My TF-branded J3 Sky is a Verizon LTE phone, and it shows LTE/CDMA. My Simple Mobile Moto E5 is a dual phone (GSM & CDMA), its options don't explicitly show CDMA, it selects GSM or CDMA depending on the SIM you put in.

Name:  Samsung-Sky-Comparison.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  Moto-E5-APN-Settings-13.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  Moto-E5-APN-Settings-14.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  21.3 KB

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    HSN has the Tracfone LG Journey 5.45" HD+ FullVision for $69.99 - ships free
    with Case & 1500 Min/Text/Data/365Days
    A DL model that comes with a Verizon SIM

https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-jour...textda/9253399

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Please post the details regarding radios, VoLTE, CPU, Android level when you receive the refurb one. Thanks.

I finally received the reconditioned Tracfone Samsung Galaxy S7 today.

The model number is G930VL (not G930VC). It has the Snapdragon 820 SoC with 4 GB of RAM and appears to be a CDMA/TF Verizon phone.

The phone came with/updates to Android 8.0. (Oreo) w/ security patch update dated September 1, 2019

The one I received appears to be brand new.

Some screenshots:

Name:  device.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  43.1 KB ------ Name:  cpu.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  system.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  48.4 KB ------- Name:  Mobile Networks.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  24.7 KB
    Last edited by lappers; 01-30-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. Since I already have a few phones for TF/Verizon, I will pass on it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. Since I already have a few phones for TF/Verizon, I will pass on it.
    No problem.

Forgot to mention voLTE/HD voice works fine on it.

Update: seems like the S7 is missing a VVM app which usually comes with TF samsung phones. It has nothing from TF on it.
    It is using the old style VM system with TF (with that #1 setting under #4 in the Verizon VM menu) which is odd since you usually have to fight to get that but suitable with no VVM app. Also, the battery seems to be draining quite faster than I like with lots of battery settings optimization in place. System is occasionally slightly laggy which I don't think should be happening with these specs. I noticed this before on a new version of phone.

Update 2: Reading around, some report the Oreo OS upgrade does not play nice with the S7 especially battery and performance wise. Factory reset does not seem to help. I suppose I could try and downgrade back to Marshmallow (or perhaps Nougat) via assorted online tutorials but I think I will pass on that.
    Last edited by lappers; 01-31-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Update 2: Reading around, some report the Oreo OS upgrade does not play nice with the S7 especially battery and performance wise. Factory reset does not seem to help. I suppose I could try and downgrade back to Marshmallow (or perhaps Nougat) via assorted online tutorials but I think I will pass on that.
    I don't know about Samsung phones. My LG Q6 came with Nougat, then was upgraded to Oreo. Battery usage got worse, went from 8%/day in idle to 10%/day, plus it wouldn't let me edit the APN anymore. There was no official way to downgrade, so I downloaded the ".kdz" (OS image) file from the Internet and flashed it back to Nougat.

My (used) LG G6 had Oreo when I bought it and about a month later got upgraded to Pie, battery usage stays about the same.
    Last edited by hpham; 01-31-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about Samsung phones. My LG Q6 came with Nougat, then was upgraded to Oreo. Battery usage got worse, went from 8%/day in idle to 10%/day, plus it wouldn't let me edit the APN anymore. There was official way to downgrade, so I downloaded the ".kdz" (OS image) file from the Internet and flashed it back to Nougat.

My (used) LG G6 had Oreo when I bought it and about a month later got upgraded to Pie, battery usage stays about the same.
    Yeah the S7 or at least one i had was dropping about 1% every few minutes with non heavy use. A much faster rate than my Luna pro or two iPhones. And I did charge it up first. I could watch it fall. I lowered the optimization level, disabled crapbook, turned off always on display etc. Also did a factory reset. And I noticed some kind of odd warning about apps using the battery that would flash and disappear... nothing was showing as in particularly heavy use battery wise and disabling apps made no difference. Also there was a little lagging at times for no reason. The finger print sensor was failing to log me into home screen about 25% of the time which I think is poor. I bet it's a real nice phone when working right. I was also concerned that TF will convert the basic VM to VVM (which normally now I don't mind) at some point as this is the standard but as the phone doesn't seem to have a VVM app this may give more issues. I returned it.

Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116 166 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast