Page 209 of 218 FirstFirst ... 109 159 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3262

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    I was close to a CVS yesterday when I saw your post so I took a look. They weren't on clearance.
    Thanks for that info. I had planned on driving out to the nearest CVS store, 7 miles away, to take a look, but I think I'll scrub that.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thanks for that info. I had planned on driving out to the nearest CVS store, 7 miles away, to take a look, but I think I'll scrub that.
    Ya, don't go out if you don't need to. It's crazy out there now in areas of retail stores and super markets. 'tis the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Was at CVS today and apparently they have the $15 one month card at 75% off clearance. Unable to verify as when I tried to buy a care I was informed that the TracFone system was down.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app
    I am going to stop by mine today, would like to have a dozen of these.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    A CVS mistake. Same rack in the same store as yesterday.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    It's now priced at : $59.99 + $20 Card ... Total: $66.84 including tax, with Rakuten code BFCW30
    If you buy it going to Rakuten first, you save another 9% from Rakuten.

you will have to order the new pricing , if you already bought it at $81.xx you cannot cancel it online now: Refuse it when it arrives/or mail it back.

I ordered a 2nd one, and I will refuse delivery from ups for the 1st one.
    You ever gotten a reconditioned phone from them before? Curious as to condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    You ever gotten a reconditioned phone from them before? Curious as to condition.

YES , last year around TG... SE 32gb a little brother to 6s.
    It was in perfect condition, and still running strong... and I didn't have to buy a monthly plan card.

The only major difference between 6s and SE other than size is the FD cam: which is 1.5 for SE and for the 6s FaceTime HD Camera is 5-megapixel photos.

I don't think you can return any phone past 30 days... and you can check the history right on your acct once activated on TF, to see how many owners it had, and it lists their phone numbers (you may send an SMS to ask the reason for the return... I did)... unless they changed that.

Feedback Score

YES , last year around TG... SE 32gb a little brother to 6s.
    It was in perfect condition, and still running strong... and I didn't have to buy a monthly plan card.

The only major difference between 6s and SE other than size is the FD cam: which is 1.5 for SE and for the 6s FaceTime HD Camera is 5-megapixel photos.

I don't think you can return any phone past 30 days... and you can check the history right on your acct once activated on TF, to see how many owners it had, and it lists their phone numbers (you may send an SMS to ask the reason for the return... I did)... unless they changed that.

Awesome! Thanks. Battery life was ok?

Feedback Score

after 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks. Battery life was ok?

they did not use it at all ... they had it for less than 10 days: "No Verizon service where we live, so couldn't use the phone."

... and the battery after 1 yr still at its peak; and charges OK. It lasts better than Android phones last on a 1624 mAh battery...

Unless you turn off the phone, you are not going to have the battery to last 10 days or more as many claim.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score

I will probably check to Unlock the SE since it has been over 1 year now ... and see what they say.

Unlocking Policy

TracFone has entered into an agreement with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding handset unlocking. TracFone will begin launching handsets that are capable of being unlocked.

Beginning May 1, 2016, SafeLink subscribers with handsets that cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a replacement phone.

Non-SafeLink subscribers with handsets which cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a partial refund or credit toward a new handset. This program is subject to the following requirements:

Customers must request handset unlocking.
    Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.
    Customers must request this interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer's telephone number was recycled or ported.
    Customers must currently own a TracFone branded handset model launched on TracFone's service after February 11, 2014 or activated with TracFone's service after February 11, 2015.
    Customers must possess a handset that is in working condition.
    Customers must possess a handset that is not reported stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
    If a customer requesting handset unlocking is deployed military personnel, upon provision of deployment papers, TracFone will honor that customer's unlocking request by sending a refund for the Trade-in Value of the used, locked phone returned by the customer without regard for the 12 months of service activation and air card redemption eligibility requirements. However, all other eligibility criteria apply to TracFone's customers who are deployed military personnel.
    Customers are eligible for this program only once every twelve months.
    After an eligible customer contacts TracFone to request the trade-in value of his or her handset, TracFone will provide a prepaid mailer for the customer to return the used, locked handset. Upon receipt of the device, TracFone will send the customer a check for the trade-in value of the handset. The trade-in value is determined by a formula reached through agreement with the FCC. An eligible customer may elect to have the trade-in value of their handset applied to the cost of a new TracFone handset that is capable of being unlocked.
    TracFone may refuse any unlocking request that would result in an abuse of its Unlocking Policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers. TracFone's Unlocking Policy is subject to change at any time without advance notice.

Customers who would like to check if they are eligible or submit a request can do so through an online portal at https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com, or call 1-888-442-5102.

To find out if your device is eligible to be unlocked or eligible for a partial refund or trade-in, please enter your Phone Number or Serial Number:

AND THIS IS THE RESULT:

PhoneUnlockingPortlet

Device Unlocking Eligibility Result
    We apologize. Your device is not eligible for our Unlocking program.

These are the main criteria used to determine your device's eligibility for the Unlocking Program.

Device must be a TracFone-branded phone. Unlocking does not apply for "Bring-Your-Own-Phone" devices.
    Device must have not been reported as stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.

Device may have already been unlocked or device may have a pending unlock request (customer should call for resolution).
    Device must have been activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months.

Device must have redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service.
    Device must have active service or be within 60 days after service expired.
    For customers from Straight Talk, SIMPLE Mobile, Total Wireless, NET 10, TracFone or Telcel:
    Handset model must have been launched to the market after 02/11/2014 OR activated on TracFone service after 2/11/2015.

For customers from SafeLink:
    Handset must have been activated on TracFone service after 2/11/2014.
    NOTE:

If you are deployed military personnel, please call our Unlock Department for additional instruction.

I still think it has the best camera of TF phones...

Thanks for sharing this, meetoo88.

I have an iPhone 7 that will have been on tracfone service for 1 year in late December. I added a $15 card in January, required purchase. None

since then..

So, are iPhones not eligible for unlocking ? Or do not need to be unlocked ? “Redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service” means?

I’ll see what happens in a month. Should be interesting. Any thoughts, meetoo88 ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, meetoo88.

I have an iPhone 7 that will have been on tracfone service for 1 year in late December. I added a $15 card in January, required purchase. None

since then..

So, are iPhones not eligible for unlocking ? Or do not need to be unlocked ? “Redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service” means?

I’ll see what happens in a month. Should be interesting. Any thoughts, meetoo88 ?

Unlocking any phone is, to be able to use it with any carrier or overseas (in a foreign country).
    But I don't see any need if the service is to remain with Tracfone.

"Redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service” means to have bought and activated the monthly plans Tracfone sells, for at least 12 months...and which costs $20/25/30.(different from buying cards whenever you need more minutes).

You have to buy it every month to keep your service!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking any phone is, to be able to use it with any carrier or overseas (in a foreign country).
    But I don't see any need if the service is to remain with Tracfone.

"Redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service” means to have bought and activated the monthly plans Tracfone sells, for at least 12 months...and which costs $20/25/30.(different from buying cards whenever you need more minutes).

You have to buy it every month to keep your service!
    Yeah, I plan to keep the phone on tracfone regardless.

I had more than 24 months of service, so no need to buy a plan every month.

So perhaps that means it’s not eligible for unlocking? If not, mmmm.........

Feedback Score
    Tracfone needs to get their act together about their unlocking requirements and to be more fair. A lot of people have airtime built up and aren't going to go on overload buying more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Yeah, I plan to keep the phone on tracfone regardless.

I had more than 24 months of service, so no need to buy a plan every month.

So perhaps that means it’s not eligible for unlocking? If not, mmmm.........

The rules say you have to satisfy the requirement of staying with them on a monthly basis, that way they can keep trac of the time period you were with them and that's legal, they do that by setting rules... other carriers require more than 12 months.

They do that because they gave those phones to their customers at a discount price than they would have paid to buy it on their own; like Iphone 6S would cost to buy from Apple or a store more than $500... but TF sells it to its customers for $250 or so new, on the conditions they subscribe to 1 of the monthly plans .. they subsidize it in a way, to keep those customers buying those expensive /useless plans, which are more profitable to them.

So buying minutes/days whenever you need them don't count... but TF still subsidize that type of customers with cheaper brands that are cheap to begin with.
    Last edited by meetoo88; 12-01-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

The rules say you have to satisfy the requirement of staying with them on a monthly basis, that way they can keep trac of the time period you were with them and that's legal, they do that by setting rules... other carriers require more than 12 months.

They do that because they gave those phones to their customers at a discount price than they would have paid to buy it on their own; like Iphone 6S would cost to buy from Apple or a store more than $500... but TF sells it to its customers for $250 or so new, on the conditions they subscribe to 1 of the monthly plans .. they subsidize it in a way, to keep those customers buying those expensive /useless plans, which are more profitable to them.

So buying minutes/days whenever you need them don't count... but TF still subsidize that type of customers with cheaper brands that are cheap to begin with.
    Wrong. These monthly plans are new. The unlocking requires 12 months of service with the buying of airtime. These rules were in place before the monthly plans and others have reported that they unlocked their phones successfully.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Wrong. These monthly plans are new. The unlocking requires 12 months of service with the buying of airtime. These rules were in place before the monthly plans and others have reported that they unlocked their phones successfully.
    It's TF business ... and they can modify the way it's run at any time... add new rules/conditions...
    So what if others did have theirs unlocked? It 's not the first time mistakes occur at TF.

However i think it's stupid to require buying a $30/25/20 plan in order to buy something like LG Rebel or other cheap phones for $39...
    I doubt they sold any of those.

Last edited by meetoo88; 12-01-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Page 209 of 218 FirstFirst ... 109 159 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast