Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: Are you feeling forced to keep Verizon?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Hyundai would disagree with you, they refer to their Genesis sedan as "7 Series size, 5 Series performance, 3 Series price."
    I've never personally owned a Hyundai but the Genesis has gotten good reviews since it was launched back in 2008.
    My 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited's engine failed after only 4,000 miles. Needless to say Texas lemon law forced them to buy it back after it had been "fixed" several times.

    Driving a new Subaru Legacy with a 3.6L and best decision I ever made.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,872
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Subaru are pretty good. My mechanic friend said they generally don't have as many issues as some of the other brands

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL area
    Posts
    129
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the Share Everything plan with 9 devices (2 iPhones, 1 MiFi and 6 basic phones) and 6 gigs of data for around $430.00 a month or just under $50.00 per line. I get superior network coverage, an employee discount of 18%, great customer service, and subsidized phones when I upgrade. The flip side is that I am locked into 2 year contracts when I upgrade and, of course, they all end at different times. I did the math and I can't get what I have with Verizon for any less than I pay. If Verizon goes too cheap they have no money for buildouts, upgrades, new technology, R and D, etc - look at Sprint. The old adage "You get what you pay for" is certainly true for me.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    The only reason to stay with Verizon currently is their 4g LTE coverage, esp if you are fortunate enough to still have unlimited data. But I'm a bit sick and tired of hearing about their alleged superior coverage. Their superior coverage is imo based more on a very successful advertising campaign than anything else. Even more so, it's much more dependent upon where you need coverage and what kind of coverage you need. Vzw clearly has done the best job convincing the masses, how wonderful they are. For now I'm keeping my unlimited data w/Vzw, but clearly prepaid is most likely my future provider.


    Wrong. They most certainly have superior coverage. They are number one all over my area and outside my area. No matter where I have travelled , Verizon has been there. AT&T has connection and reception problems. You get these "Call Failed " a lot. Also dropped calls. And very poor customer service I must add.

    Since I have been with Verizon for the last three years , I have had no problems whatsoever. Yes they can brag on their superior coverage because it is true and it has nothing to do with a successful advertising campaign.
    Last edited by Jillxz; 04-25-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillxz View Post
    Wrong. They most certainly have superior coverage. They are number one all over my area and outside my area. No matter where I have travelled , Verizon has been there. AT&T has connection and reception problems. You get these "Call Failed " a lot. Also dropped calls. And very poor customer service I must add.

    Since I have been with Verizon for the last three years , I have had no problems whatsoever. Yes they can brag on their superior coverage because it is true and it has nothing to do with a successful advertising campaign.
    You're going by your own experiences and area and twisting them from personal experience into something more.

    Just because it works where you go doesn't mean it works great. You may think it's the bees knees where you are at, yet the locals think it sucks. There's a reason for that. You're there a limited amount of time with no long term exposure or experience with it there.

    Connection and reception problems? They definitely have them here.

    Call failed? I've seen them here.

    Dropped calls. I and others have had them. Sometimes multiple times in a row.

    Customer service is decent but not earth shattering. I've lost count of how many times they have said they are sending their network team to look at the issues here. And nada. Or how many times they have said they would call back and never do. And that's coming from not just a CS Rep but also corporate.

    There's a reason areas on the map that show strong Verizon coverage may have more T-Mobile or ATT customers.

    Superior coverage does not equate to superior service. I've lost count of how many times I've asked someone to repeat themselves because the sound is crap. And its not the phone. It's the network.

    Or how many times the call was dialing but it took 15-20 seconds to go through. Saw that today.

    Or how many times it showed a bar of signal but voice and data were unuseable.

    The list goes on.

    But personal experiences can vary in the same locations.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,410
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    You're going by your own experiences and area and twisting them from personal experience into something more.

    Just because it works where you go doesn't mean it works great. You may think it's the bees knees where you are at, yet the locals think it sucks. There's a reason for that. You're there a limited amount of time with no long term exposure or experience with it there.

    Connection and reception problems? They definitely have them here.

    Call failed? I've seen them here.

    Dropped calls. I and others have had them. Sometimes multiple times in a row.

    Customer service is decent but not earth shattering. I've lost count of how many times they have said they are sending their network team to look at the issues here. And nada. Or how many times they have said they would call back and never do. And that's coming from not just a CS Rep but also corporate.

    There's a reason areas on the map that show strong Verizon coverage may have more T-Mobile or ATT customers.

    Superior coverage does not equate to superior service. I've lost count of how many times I've asked someone to repeat themselves because the sound is crap. And its not the phone. It's the network.

    Or how many times the call was dialing but it took 15-20 seconds to go through. Saw that today.

    Or how many times it showed a bar of signal but voice and data were unuseable.

    The list goes on.

    But personal experiences can vary in the same locations.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums
    Everything you describe is a symptom of a network that is not fully built, fleshed out, and working properly. And given your location, it's not too surprising. You have described problems with tower location, etc in the past and evidently they don't have these problems worked out completely just yet. Mountains wreak havoc with radio signals, causing reflections, blockages, all sorts of things that are an absolute nightmare for engineers to figure out. And that all takes time. It's almost as bad as trying to serve an area that is completely covered with skyscrapers. Everything you do causes a reflection or leaves a gap somewhere resulting in angry customers.

    I know it's a trite statement, but give it time and they will figure it out. It may be that they will have to abandon some old tower locations that worked well with the frequencies they used for 3G but aren't situated properly for 700 MHz LTE and it's farther reach and different propagation properties. They are having to do that here in the flatlands, so I can only imagine what they will have to do in mountainous regions.

    Verizon has said they will begin utilizing AWS this year to flesh out their system, which should provide a much better experience. With its much shorter range, it is far more useful in narrow mountain valleys and dense urban situations where a high-powered 700 MHz signal might bounce off everything in sight and be totally unusable. It's no different then it used to be when using rabbit ears to catch a TV signal. Sometimes they had to be pointed 180 degrees from the transmitter to get the best signal, and what you were doing was actually capturing the best-quality reflection from a nearby mountain or building. Like I said, it's a nightmare for system design engineers.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    You're going by your own experiences and area and twisting them from personal experience into something more.

    Just because it works where you go doesn't mean it works great. You may think it's the bees knees where you are at, yet the locals think it sucks. There's a reason for that. You're there a limited amount of time with no long term exposure or experience with it there.

    Connection and reception problems? They definitely have them here.

    Call failed? I've seen them here.

    Dropped calls. I and others have had them. Sometimes multiple times in a row.

    Customer service is decent but not earth shattering. I've lost count of how many times they have said they are sending their network team to look at the issues here. And nada. Or how many times they have said they would call back and never do. And that's coming from not just a CS Rep but also corporate.

    There's a reason areas on the map that show strong Verizon coverage may have more T-Mobile or ATT customers.

    Superior coverage does not equate to superior service. I've lost count of how many times I've asked someone to repeat themselves because the sound is crap. And its not the phone. It's the network.

    Or how many times the call was dialing but it took 15-20 seconds to go through. Saw that today.

    Or how many times it showed a bar of signal but voice and data were unuseable.

    The list goes on.

    But personal experiences can vary in the same locations.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums
    Verizon is the best for most areas in america but not all areas.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillxz View Post
    Verizon is the best for most areas in america but not all areas.
    Don't tell me you honestly believe the crap you're spewing. Seriously? Have you been to most areas in America to validate that claim? Or are you just spewing personal propaganda? What do you have to validate that claim beyond personal opinion?

    Remember Verizon used to be 2nd behind ATT in terms of subscribers until they bought out ALLTEL up till just a handful of years ago. There would be no close 2nd place with ATT if you were right. Why have another carrier if Verizon was really all that?

    Please, show me how Verizon has become pro-consumer in terms of what they offer consumers and pricing, and have really improved their network and coverage beyond LTE.

    The beautiful thing is Verizon loves people like you that honestly believe that. They will take more of your money, give you less in return, and you'll go right along with it happily because you honestly believe that. Not once did I lose coverage with ATT traveling across the Dakotas to MN. With Verizon I have numerous times even though their coverage map shows strong service all along the way.

    Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    74
    Feedback Score
    0
    Don't tell me you honestly believe the crap you're spewing. Seriously? Have you been to most areas in America to validate that claim? Or are you just spewing personal propaganda? What do you have to validate that claim beyond personal opinion?
    And on what basis to you believe that this is crap? Peronaly opinion? Have you been to most areas in America to validate your claim that this is crap?

    All that any of us have is our own opinion, based on a sampling size of our friends, families, coworkers, and acquaintences, who live in various parts of the countries, and based upon the places that we visit. As for my friends and family and coworkers, living in various parts of the country from New Jersey, Ohio, Tenessee, Montana, Utah, Georgia North Carolina, Southern CA, I have some who tell me that verizon is the ONLY network that works reliably. Verizon works in most places I go, but where it does not, those with other services (of the major services, at least) have the same experience. Never has anyone told me that XXXX (pick your service other than verizon) is the only service that works in their area. Yes, I am sure that there are such areas. However, personal experience suggests that Verizon is better than most.

    You may have a different opinion, but I am sure you would not like it if someone called your opinion "crap".

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,241
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Don't tell me you honestly believe the crap you're spewing. Seriously? Have you been to most areas in America to validate that claim? Or are you just spewing personal propaganda? What do you have to validate that claim beyond personal opinion?
    Literacy helps - and access to the web.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Remember Verizon used to be 2nd behind ATT in terms of subscribers until they bought out ALLTEL up till just a handful of years ago. There would be no close 2nd place with ATT if you were right. Why have another carrier if Verizon was really all that?
    I guess you're too new to the industry to remember Verizon used to be the perennial #1 until late 2006 when Cingular acquired AT&T wireless and re-branded themselves. What's AT&T's excuse now?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Please, show me how Verizon has become pro-consumer in terms of what they offer consumers and pricing, and have really improved their network and coverage beyond LTE.
    JD Power 2013 Wireless Customer Care Ratings (Volume 1) - Full Service: Verizon #1.
    JD Power 2013 Wireless Network Quality Ratings (Volume 1): Verizon #1 in NE, Mid-Atlantic, SE, SW, and W. Verizon #2 in North Central.
    Verizon's held these top ratings for years.

    A little less anecdotal than your random, varying, spot checks, ya think?.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    The beautiful thing is Verizon loves people like you that honestly believe that. They will take more of your money, give you less in return, and you'll go right along with it happily because you honestly believe that. Not once did I lose coverage with ATT traveling across the Dakotas to MN. With Verizon I have numerous times even though their coverage map shows strong service all along the way.
    Yes, all Verizon customers are brainwashed drones and all AT&T customers are disciplined, discerning scientists.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
    You have proven that to yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Because everything you read on the web must be true. And because only JD Power surveys matter. Let's not forget Sprint has won JD Power awards as well. And so has Net 10. I guess when you survey less than 10% of the customers, that minority speaks for the majority. It's an easy sell.

    I've already dealt with quite a few problems today with Verizon. But I guess no other areas of the US have Verizon issues and it works a dream! Well, that's what some would like you to believe.

    Some will preach the virtues of Verizon even as Verizon has them bent over. They will also turn an opinion into their own version of fact for the rest of the US. They will ignore and downplay those with issues while up playing other Verizon areas.

    I see that often on here.

    "Oh sorry it sucks for you but it's great for everyone else! Just look at the surveys. Look at their Microsoft Paint map! My experiences are great with them everywhere I go so problem areas must be a minority and Verizon will eventually maybe someday fix your problem." Etc etc.

    Long story short I would almost bet quite a few would have no clue what carrier they were using if it was a blind 'taste' test. Like the old Coke vs Pepsi throwdowns. They would say it's most definitely their favorite carrier. When it's not.

    And the beat goes on.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,049
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post

    Remember Verizon used to be 2nd behind ATT in terms of subscribers until they bought out ALLTEL up till just a handful of years ago. There would be no close 2nd place with ATT if you were right. Why have another carrier if Verizon was really all that?
    And VZW adding more branded post-paid customers then at&t quarter after quarter can be attributed to the ALLTEL merger as well? How did at&t achieve their number 1 subscriber base (for a time)? If I remember correctly there was a merger involved also.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    74
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I've already dealt with quite a few problems today with Verizon.
    Oh, why didn't you say so the first time. You convinced me. Verizon network is crap.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,635
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    The golden rule of cellular is (and always has been) LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

    It's trivial to find a spot where EACH of the carriers SUCK or maybe don't cover at all.

    I've done a lot of travel over this great country and I will tell you Verizon is the winner hands-down for size of network. I've been in some of the most podunk little one-horse stops you would not believe and had service. But they aren't perfect. I've been in other locations where I had a particular issue - poor voice quality, slower than usual data speeds, whatever. Nothing is 100%. For my needs Verizon is the only choice, having been through all the others at various times.

    One thing we should all be able to agree on is that cellular overall still stinks here. Maybe if the carriers were forced to spend all that USF money on actual network and infrastructure improvements, instead of padding executive's pockets...just a thought.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,410
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    A few months ago he was happy as a lark when Verizon launched their LTE service around Rapid City and he posted each and every detail about the launch. I guess they haven't beefed it up and expanded it fast enough to suit him and he sounds very bitter about it. Oh well, welcome to the real world, buddy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what are you guys forced to do on your downtime?
    By Telegraph in forum T-Mobile Employees & Dealers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 08:56 PM
  3. Are you feeling the crunch?
    By /\/\onkey |<ing in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 01:08 PM
  4. How are you feeling today?
    By poonsmjj in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
  5. Are you keeping the 6310i???
    By dgorecki in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2002, 12:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks